308 47.24%
  • He should stay if he wins the Cup, otherwise leave

112 17.18%
  • He should leave regardless

232 35.58%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This time next Sunday if we beat the Huns and win the Scottish you won't e saying that.

Stubbs is still 90 mins away from being a legend. Nobody will remember this season if we win next week and we have pumped rangers twice already.
    Nonsense. Whatever happens next week, Stubbs is a failure. You can't get promoted scoring 1.44 goals per game. He needs to be sacked next Monday.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm no fan of Stubbs, but the problem is that if he goes, who replaces him? We are now a championship club - we've got a big stadium and a training facility - so what? Anyone any good will get that at whatever club they go to.

i fear that we will get what we are - a championship manager who will have us 3rd / 4th in the league and we may fluke a play off promotion sometime.

Somehow, we have become like Dundee. And all I see on here over the last few months is that half our team should be playing for Scotland, Stubbs will be next Celtic manager etc. - people need to get real.

And the ticket prices? I won't pay them for more than 1 or 2 matches a season in the second division. Al the enthusiasm I had at the LC Final has gone - I'll always be a Hibs fan, but at times like this I'm glad I don't live in Edinburgh.

Left by mutual consent!
    I like Stubbs and I want him to stay. (Not at the wind up and not a jambo) I actually feel sorry for him. The blame can't all lie with him IMO, the players are the ones on the pitch who are meant to do the job required.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Nonsense. Whatever happens next week, Stubbs is a failure. You can't get promoted scoring 1.44 goals per game. He needs to be sacked next Monday.
    **** off. We win next week the guys a legend.

Who's going to remember the 2016 playoff winning side? Nobody
    Who would remember the 2016 Scottish cup winning side? I'll remember it on my death bed.

We win next week, he will will go regardless but he will leave an absolute legend and you can never take that away from him regardless of league form and place.

Should Stubbs stay on as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    I like Stubbs and I want him to stay. (Not at the wind up and not a jambo) I actually feel sorry for him. The blame can't all lie with him IMO, the players are the ones on the pitch who are meant to do the job required.
    You can only say that if it's a one game thing but it's not. This has been happening since he arrived. He can't set up a team to score goals. He's a failure.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    This argument infuriates me.

If it's all down to the players and being ***** isn't anything to do with the manager why do we bother with one?

Of course it's his job to motivate them and ensure they play to their maximum capabilities.

His team selections and formations against certain teams have been bizarre, hasn't sorted out the defence, no width no pace no fight no battling qualities no nastiness no leadership

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    I'm no fan of Stubbs, but the problem is that if he goes, who replaces him? We are now a championship club - we've got a big stadium and a training facility - so what? Anyone any good will get that at whatever club they go to.

i fear that we will get what we are - a championship manager who will have us 3rd / 4th in the league and we may fluke a play off promotion sometime.

Somehow, we have become like Dundee. And all I see on here over the last few months is that half our team should be playing for Scotland, Stubbs will be next Celtic manager etc. - people need to get real.

And the ticket prices? I won't pay them for more than 1 or 2 matches a season in the second division. Al the enthusiasm I had at the LC Final has gone - I'll always be a Hibs fan, but at times like this I'm glad I don't live in Edinburgh.
    We have more season ticket holders than the majority of Scottish football.

We will attract a manager.

I pay to see hibs, not to see whoever we are playing. If we are up at the top of the league next year you will be back (possibly) on the back of our positivity.

And I get called negative on this site?

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    **** off. We win next week the guys a legend.

Who's going to remember the 2016 playoff winning side? Nobody
    Who would remember the 2016 Scottish cup winning side? I'll remember it on my death bed.

We win next week, he will will go regardless but he will leave an absolute legend and you can never take that away from him regardless of league form and place.
    So if we win next week, do we keep him for next season as a reward even though we know he's not good enough? Is that the plan?

Left by mutual consent!
    Rubbish. You're at it.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This job to motivate them and ensure they play to their maximum capabilities.
    .....feel unclean saying this, but that is exactly what auld tomato heid Houston does with Falkirk.

Stubbs seems to have a 'philosophy' - so did Martinez at Everton.

Sometimes enough is enough - and two attempts falling at the same stage is enough for me.

Has to go, immediately post cup final, and to be honest if I was the board I would be scoping out candidates beforehand.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    So if we win next week, do we keep him for next season as a reward even though we know he's not good enough? Is that the plan?
    We win next week the he will be a hero to everyone.

A hero, a legend should be given a chance next year, yes. We treat our legends better than sacking. You advocate of HSL should know that more than most. Sack a manager who wins a cup we have all be waiting for all our lives aye right then.

We lose, regardless of the manner he should be sacked next Monday.

What Stubbs took over was an absolute shambles his task to improve Hibs was a tall order, yet he chipped away at it and much to his credit we improved within a very short period of time, but the plan B was never there ,substitutions at ridiculous times with minutes to go was a huge irritation to me ,it gave us nothing when it should have injected something into the situation.

Losing 8 games and drawing 7 in this league is unacceptable plus to be 11 points behind the worst Rangers side in a 150 odd years tells its own story.
    One other little point that should be taken on board at Hibs is,the incessant need for players and managers to talk to the press ,I realise that as a PR exercise its a relevant part of today's footballing culture yet I cant help thinking Fyvie , Cummings , Stevenson and a few others would benefit hugely from shutting the **** up and doing it on the park where it matters most , their quotes given with nonchalance over the past month or so does make them look rather foolish after last nights result.

Sadly we are for the third time in the league below one of the worst leagues in Europe which puts us pretty near the bottom off the pile yet our fans stick with them through thick or thin mainly thin which is much to their credit ,maybe a little bit off sunshine will come our way in the cup final and Stubbs and our players can do the business hears hoping .

GGTTH

Whoever is in charge (and Stubbs is not convincing anyone thats he actually wants to stay next season) has to be able to adopt tactics where we are able to be more direct and close out games. A team that will get us out of the Championship not serve as an audition on how he wants to play the game in a higher league.
    Get some players who can bully a game , Hibs have been too nice since as long as I can remember. The Hibs way (whatever that means nowadays) does not win you games nor is it bringing back the crowds.
    Next season , we have to get the big commanding keeper , a strong back 4 (no light weight full backs) , the nasty centre midfielder and a horrible Joe Jordan type up front.
    These will let the few talented players to play around them.
    Remember we are trying to win the Championship not the Champions League and we need to make sure we can dominate games effectively.

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar
    I thought I would sleep on it first but my judgement of the season is. ZERO improvement since last year. No Plan B. Don't score enough goals especially considering the number of chances we create. Even the Scottish Cup would just paper over the cracks. Unfortunately Mr Stubbs your time is up.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully we win cup and he resigns to go to another job or if we lose he is removed.

I want him out win or lose on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The man's a ****in clueless idiot.

Still utterly baffles me what some of our support see in this man. Pretty much zero qualities as a manager.

I saw some muppet claim this week he's a great 'man manager', which appears to mean that he's nice to them. He certainly can't make them perform

Keep him we can continue the trend and finish 4th next season. Only losing in the play offs with 4 secs to go.

Then offer him a new 1 year deal as the following year will be our year. Honest.
    Cougars!!!

Feelings are naturally raw this morning, but there is no way Hibs will sack Stubbs if he wins is the Cup. And those calling for him to go, will change their minds. Most likely we'll name a stand after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Feelings are naturally raw this morning, but there is no way Hibs will sack Stubbs if he wins is the Cup. And those calling for him to go, will change their minds. Most likely we'll name a stand after him.
    And if we don't win the cup?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex7zero View Post
    Get him out the door now. Oxley and Fyvie show exactly why he doesn't know his ass from his elbow. 2 of the worst players ever to wear the green. Shut the door on your way out Stubbsy.
    That is just a ridiculous comment

@hibs.net private member
    I find Stubbs charismatic, engaging , intelligent. The guy lives and breathes football. But football is a results game. If he wins the SC next week he becomes a Hibs legend and will secure his job. Lose next week and he'll be off. I've no doubt he will be a successful manager but it might not be at Hibs.

We all wanted promotion and last night hurt but winning the holy grail means everything to me. So if this squad win on 21/05/16 they become Hibernian gods.

Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    And if we don't win the cup?
    Win or lose, don't expect Stubbs to be here next season. If he's offered a job with a bigger club, he'll walk away and who would blame him ? Hibs manager is a poisoned challis.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post

But then that makes you part of the problem, your fulfilling your own prophecy

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I find Stubbs charismatic, engaging , intelligent. The guy lives and breathes football. But football is a results game. If he wins the SC next week he becomes a Hibs legend and will secure his job. Lose next week and he'll be off. I've no doubt he will be a successful manager but it might not be at Hibs.

We all wanted promotion and last night hurt but winning the holy grail means everything to me. So if this squad win on 21/05/16 they become Hibernian gods.
    I have no idea how anyone watching hibs can even entertain the idea that we win next week, we have struggled in all the really meaningful games this season. Rangers will be fresh and still on a high from beating Celtc and we are at an all time low.

Win or lose, don't expect Stubbs to be here next season. If he's offered a job with a bigger club, he'll walk away and who would blame him ? Hibs manager is a poisoned challis.
    So your saying he won't be sacked and will be offered a bigger job down south

Left by mutual consent!
    Better teams with better managers have not won the cup for us, this is our best chance in the 3 previous times I have seen us in final.

Everyone will go down in History if we win it but because we are going to be playing here again next season a few of the players will move on. The manager is not untouchable for winning cup simply because he had no grey area in our league.

He HAD to gain promotion and we haven't. Hope we win it of course but afted we have come down there is a league campaign ahead and Stubbs has failed so I do not wish him to stay.

These playoffs prove to me the remit is simple you have to finish top, playoffs are not good enough.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Disagree - Managing Hibs is one of the most attractive jobs in Scottish Football.

Its well paid, no expectations of success, almost certain to be paid off when you fail - whats not to like?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Sure when he does we will get the usual suspects along to blame the fans as well, "hounded out" by the boo boys, but maybe some of us just don't want to accept the utter failure that is the current state of hibs.

We CAN and should be sacking people that continuously fail, regardless of whether we sacked too many managers in the past or not, stubbs has failed in all the games that really matter since he arrived and as such we are at our lowest point in the entire history of the club.

Twice he's failed to get us out of this pishy league and he's not learning from his mistakes. He has go no matter what happens next week.

Beaten over two legs by Falkirk....****ing Falkirk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk