hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Bass tabs ?

Bass tabs ?

Been hitting the bass strings again and fairly enjoying it. Im using tabs as I feel its a bit easier to notation etc, I can throw out a few riffs but seem to be limited to access to a wider range of songs.

Ive been using a website called Guitar.com and as decent as it is theres a rake of stuff I cant find, does anyone know any alternative sites or even books with tabs, looking kinda towards the Pogues, the Cure, James, the Silencers, Goodbye Mr Mackenzie.

Any help appreciated 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

I use the Ultimate Guitar app. Don't know if they have one specifically for Bass though.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I use the Ultimate Guitar app. Don't know if they have one specifically for Bass though.
    Sorry J that was the one I was using, meant to say ultimate. 911 is another but thats mostly guitar and not bass.

I got a book ( U2) from Amazon and it has around 15 songs with tabs and also a play along cd. The book is good and the disc is bass only so getting to grips with the songs is relatively easy to follow. It would be ideal if I could get my hands on similar, U2 are fine but I prefer their older stuff 😄

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    You tube. If it exists its there....

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    You tube. If it exists its there....
    Youtube is ok for some stuff but again kinda limited to what Im looking for, maybe have to trawl through a few music shops in the hope I can grab something 👍

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    You had a look at bigbasstabs.com? Having a scan through and they have a fair few cure tabs listed. Not sure of the accuracy but looks fairly thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    You had a look at bigbasstabs.com? Having a scan through and they have a fair few cure tabs listed. Not sure of the accuracy but looks fairly thorough.
    Will have a peek at that mate cheers, like Ultimate Guitar, some tabs are a bit off but easily adjusted if you know the song. A good one I picked up on was Beds are burning from Midnight Oil, you get a few good variations of the song

My favourite website for Bass tabs is Songsterr as most of the tabbed songs include MIDI audio tracks that you can play along with. You will find plenty of The Cure's songs within their library.

http://www.songsterr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by delacraig View Post
    My favourite website for Bass tabs is Songsterr as most of the tabbed songs include MIDI audio tracks that you can play along with. You will find plenty of The Cure's songs within their library.

http://www.songsterr.com/
    Excellent, thanks bud, will have a look at that 👍