hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Some movement on this again..........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-42831219

2. Log in to remove the advert

New stadium looks pretty shan tbh

Testimonial Due
    I think they will get approval this time due to the amount of people and organisations coming out to support it in the last couple of weeks.

Plans approved.

Scary the amount of Aberdeen fans lapping this up. No-one questioning why Pittodrie has been left to crumble to the extent their only option is too move 7.5 miles out the city.

I'd imagine their small home flock will get even smaller at the new stadium. 10k seats shoud do it.

Testimonial Due
    Where are they gonna get 50m to build it???

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I suspect being owned by a Building "tycoon" will make that problem easier to solve....

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I suspect being owned by a Building "tycoon" will make that problem easier to solve....
    Pretty sure Stewart Milne won't be building this for no profit.......

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Pretty sure Stewart Milne won't be building this for no profit.......

yes true...but he will know how to finance major development schemes....

Stadium looks pretty bland.

I think it's good for the Scottish game as not many clubs have improved stadiums over the last few years.

You only have to visit some away grounds and the quality is pretty awful in most.

Obviously Aberdeen being a rival it affects Hibs but longer term I think if the league is to develop it needs a strong backing from teams like Hibs and Aberdeen to challenge the RanTic monopoly this country seems to have returned to.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Stadium looks pretty bland.

I think it's good for the Scottish game as not many clubs have improved stadiums over the last few years.

You only have to visit some away grounds and the quality is pretty awful in most.

Obviously Aberdeen being a rival it affects Hibs but longer term I think if the league is to develop it needs a strong backing from teams like Hibs and Aberdeen to challenge the RanTic monopoly this country seems to have returned to.
    What's bland about it? The stadium design isn't actually set in stone yet anyway, but 20,000 capacity, safe standing, TV screens both in the stadium and outside, fanzone, supporters bar, museum, memorial garden and cafe open seven days a week is "bland"?

Video of it here:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CkxmYWKiT7s

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Demolish pittodrie and build flats on the land, plus I'm sure their benefactors that are the main source of finance will not doubt be able to help.

First Team Breakthrough GillyHibee's Avatar
    Agree with an earlier post here about stadiums being improved for the league to improve. The facilities up here are shocking, just need to look at Tynecastle, Firhill (wooden stand!!!) and thats the top league. Im pretty sure Cowdenbeath gets used for stock car racing?

better facilities would surely attract better players and encourage youth to play more. Kinda whats needed?

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Sale of Pitoddrie expected to generate around £18m. Still leaves a massive shortfall in funding.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    £40m is a massive bill for any Scottish club. Doesn't seem feasible.
    Agreed, unless it caters for a big increase in paying customers or hike in prices, just can't see how any club can afford £40+m on a fitbaw stadium when they have one already. Must be selling old ground for ££££m ?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    i don't know the area, but a stadium that far out of the city will surely result in traffic chaos?
    Not with the crowds Aberdeen attract!

They should re-develop Pittodrie and just build the training centre on the new land. I guarantee that stadium will be more than half empty every week - which is a shame because it's a great design.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    They should re-develop Pittodrie and just build the training centre on the new land. I guarantee that stadium will be more than half empty every week - which is a shame because it's a great design.
    They haven't got room to redevelop Pittodrie. It is hemmed in on all sides. I suspect that replacing the Main Stand would result in a big fall in capacity and cost a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Scary the amount of Aberdeen fans lapping this up. No-one questioning why Pittodrie has been left to crumble to the extent their only option is too move 7.5 miles out the city.
    No issue with clubs investing in infrastructure as long as it's self-funded (no government or council help) and they cut their cloth accordingly when it comes to player wages etc.

Hibs were lucky with the Golden Generation generating £ millions and adjusted their spending while Hearts screwed pensioners, charities, small businesses to fund their's. Where are Aberdeen getting £20+m plus able to pay top wages from crowds lower than Hibs ?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    They haven't got room to redevelop Pittodrie. It is hemmed in on all sides. I suspect that replacing the Main Stand would result in a big fall in capacity and cost a fortune.
    Hearts managed it.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

But they already have a capacity of just over 20k, despite not fully utilizing the corners of the ground.

Surely that means there's enough space to build a new stadium on the same site.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Demolish pittodrie and build flats on the land, plus I'm sure their benefactors that are the main source of finance will not doubt be able to help.
    Theres help and theres help though.

Even if they got £20m for 'todders (unlikely id have thought) they will still need to find £30m (assuming costs dont increase, again unlikely) - thats a hell of a lot of benefactors or debt...

All the sheep seem to be lapping it up, likely to be a disaster for them in the long run though.