hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacking Stubbs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neil ****ing Warnock.😂
    Great manager. Wouldn't touch Scottish football.

I would go Mcleish should he want to come back if we **** up both playoffs and final. Win either keep Stubbs and let him build. Mcleish would get us out this league though and that's what we need.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    McLeish or McCall.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Billy Davies, Keith Hill or Darrell Clarke for me. All 3 would be a good replacement for Stubbs

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'd go foreign if the foreseeable does happen. The ex-Hibs connection has never really worked for us. Not when you look at the ratio and stats. The inexperienced manager has never really worked either - Stubbs is looking like being testament to that.

Chris Powell would be an excellent fit

Or Jackie McNamara

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloschi View Post
    Or Jackie McNamara
    Senior?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Stubbs won't go if we get promoted IMO, in fact I think he'd stay if we didn't go up. We were cruising in second place and pushing Rangers until March. A horrendous collapse combined with players all loosing form at the same time is to blame for me, though Stubbs continually playing Stokes and Cummings together when it's clear they don't work is baffling.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Stubbs won't go if we get promoted IMO, in fact I think he'd stay if we didn't go up. We were cruising in second place and pushing Rangers until March. A horrendous collapse combined with players all loosing form at the same time is to blame for me, though Stubbs continually playing Stokes and Cummings together when it's clear they don't work is baffling.
    If he stays and we remain down, the club are an abject failure and will have cemented us as a championship side that has occasional stints in the top league.

Problem at Hibs has been accepting failure and Leeann was supposed to change this. 2 years in this league is failure. We need out of this league and if we don't go up this season I have 0 faith in Stubbs to deliver next season. Definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Stubbs persists with diamond in midfield or 352 and teams find it easy to defend against as we have no pace and width. He has persisted with this for 2 seasons, if we stay down, why on earth would we give him a third try?

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Senior?
    No Junior. Young Manager that got Partick out of this division. Was doing a fine job at United until their Chairman sold all their players and give him nothing to work with.

Or Jackie McNamara
    good shout.

Left by mutual consent!
    No Junior. Young Manager that got Partick out of this division. Was doing a fine job at United until their Chairman sold all their players and give him nothing to work with.
    He didn't get Patrick out the division and they actually where seen as a soft touch away from home.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    He didn't get Patrick out the division and they actually where seen as a soft touch away from home.
    Apologies, it was Archibald that got them promoted. McNamara left for United after finishing second

Left by mutual consent!
    Apologies, it was Archibald that got them promoted. McNamara left for United after finishing second
    Aye, he built a good side who where a shambles when he went in. Don't think he is what we need just now but I see your point :)

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Been a long night...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mowbray

Left by mutual consent!
    I wonder if Malky McKay would be interested. Gateway to Celtic if he's a success and all that.

Gordon Strachan.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    It was a good season until we started to struggle with the congested fixture list, resulting in a horrendous month.

Sacking Stubbs would be chucking out the baby with the bathwater.

Everyone talking about 2 seasons in this league, but no one in their right mind could have expected Stubbs to get us promoted in year 1. And the first half of this season was Ok. It's been the disturbing collapse since Xmas and Stubbs inability to address it that's the problem. IMO, fail on Sat and the season and probably Stubbs career with Hibs is over. You could almost forget the Cup Final, the club will be in disarray again with players contemplating their futures and wanting/having to leave the club.

I'm convinced that the only way Alan Stubbs will be at ER next season is if we get promotion. I think he'll walk if we don't get promotion, irrespective of how we do in the cup final. He will not want a third year in the Championship and neither should we want a manager that's failed twice to get us out.

Promotion from a league that has Dundee United, St Mirren, Queen of the South, Dunfermline, Morton plus perm any two from Falkirk, Raith & the SPL play-off team (likely to be Killie), plus away trips to Dumbarton and maybe Stranraer or Ayr will not be easy, nor appealing to watch.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Everyone talking about 2 seasons in this league, but no one in their right mind could have expected Stubbs to get us promoted in year 1. And the first half of this season was Ok. It's been the disturbing collapse since Xmas and Stubbs inability to address it that's the problem. IMO, fail on Sat and the season and probably Stubbs career with Hibs is over. You could almost forget the Cup Final, the club will be in disarray again with players contemplating their futures and wanting/having to leave the club.
    Why couldn't we expect to go up last year with the second highest budget in the league with McCoist's huns in the league? I expected us to go up, never mind this season. Drawing with ***** like Livi and scraping past them 2-1 after that, the same Livi who got scudded 5-2 off Stranraer last night. Stranraer of League 2 miles behind Dunfermline.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Why shouldn't we have won the league in his first season?

Absolutely spot on IMO. It is failure if we do not go up, a cup final win would be epic but the league is our bread and butter. Next season's champion ship will be a lot harder than any we have seen before so we are in massive trouble if we do not go up. I wonder what Leeann Dempster and George Craig's thought's are when they see lack of changes and substitutions on a weekly basis hhmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 0762 View Post
    Regardless of the outcome of the next few weeks I don't expect AS to be in our dug out next season.
    No insider knowledge.....Just a hunch. I've always felt that he came with a plan to give us two season and then move on.
    When you look around the clubs that appoint first time managers that feels about the shelf life.
    Add to that his family still live down south.

If he lands promotion and the Scottish Cup he'd go with my blessing. And I hope that this is the outcome.
    I agree. From AS perspective, he has had the opportunity to cut his teeth for two years at senior management level. He has done some good things, and brought in a good standard of player, but has - if he is honest - made a lot of mistakes, and has failed to get a consistent level of performance in the league - particularly in the scoring goals department. It would make sense for him to walk away - regardless of the outcome of the season, to look for a fresh start (and hopefully for him with lessons learned). I also think the club could do with a fresh approach to managerial appointment. Looking for a steady experienced candidate who has seen it all and with a decent track record. We should also be mindful to avoid bombscares like Butcher/Caldwell, and Anti-football experts like Fenlon. Surely our long serving board have learned how to see the warning signs. Oh, and for pete sake, don't listen to a tip from Craig Levein - one of his principle ambitions is for our club to be dead and buried (Levein was rumoured to have recommended Fenlon to us?)

Finally, given the loss of income attributable to falling attendances this decade, might it be worth investing that little bit more in a manager with a bit of pedigree? Is the time for the cheap gamble now over? (I don't include Butcher in the cheap gamble, I think this was just one of those mistakes that blind sighted most of us - including me).

In the meantime, I wish the lads all the luck in the world on Saturday and for any further matches this season. A bit of luck wouldn't go amiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    Neil ****ing Warnock.
    Great manager. Wouldn't touch Scottish football.

Neil Warnock has a house near Dunoon and is often up for holidays/long weekends. Who's to say he would mind a final job in Scotland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Neil Warnock has a house near Dunoon and is often up for holidays/long weekends. Who's to say he would mind a final job in Scotland.

If that's the case I would take him any day of the week.

Why couldn't we expect to go up last year with the second highest budget in the league with McCoist's huns in the league? I expected us to go up, never mind this season. Drawing with ***** like Livi and scraping past them 2-1 after that, the same Livi who got scudded 5-2 off Stranraer last night. Stranraer of League 2 miles behind Dunfermline.
    Simple. If Stubbs had got Hibs promoted in his first year at Hibs he would have been lauded as a miracle worker and would already be at Celtic or managing in the EPL. He did a tremendous job in his first season at Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Simple. If Stubbs had got Hibs promoted in his first year at Hibs he would have been lauded as a miracle worker and would already be at Celtic or managing in the EPL. He did a tremendous job in his first season at Hibs.
    How do you get that? Neilson in his first season took hertz up. We lost in the playoffs, when it mattered to a ***** Rangers side and lost in the Semi final of the Scottish to Falkirk who finished 5th in our league. I'm not sure how you can say that was "tremendous" to be honest although it was still better in league terms than this season.

@hibs.net private member
    "Tremendous" Wow