hibs.net Messageboard

After the " Play Offs" are over

The month after the play offs are over is going to be extremely interesting IMO
    If we " go up" umpteen new contracts will potentially be talked about , new players will be coming in and possibly a few Free Transfers.
    If we don't go up likewise there will be much happening on the contract front and no doubt there will be a " wheen" of " Frees" handed out

Feel sorry for Alan Stubbs in many ways having to face situations with a potential " lose/lose" scenario
    Have been told there are one or two who will leave if we are not promoted and also there seems to be a fair number who realise they perhaps are not SPL standard
    Time will tell as always

2. Log in to remove the advert

Lose lose?

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    WIN/WIN pma is my view

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Depends on the nature of the loss - in the event that there actually is a loss - Pitch forks and torches outside the ground asking for the heads of Petrie, Dempster and Stubbs could again destabilise us and lead to late sackings, poor contract renewals etc and end up like Butcher/Stubbs all over again.

I very much doubt that discussions on the eventual outcome have not already taken place but there's nothing like a baying mob to change minds with our owners. Before the usual calls of "Blame the fans again" I'm not.

Win two prizes and all is great with the world and contract renewal is eezy peezy.

Win the cup and we would only have 5/6 weeks before entering the Europa league...

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Win the cup and we would only have 5/6 weeks before entering the Europa league...
    That would be a nice problem to have. I wouldn't even care about being knocked out in our first tie by FC Nobody from Outernowhereville.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: torto7062
    Win the cup and I might just be sober to see us in Europe lol

Europa League is basically a meaningless friendly these days anyway. Would we normally be in pre-season by then?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I think a sacrificial blood letting should be a mandatory event at Hibs interspersed with regular scapegoating and abuse of non-performing "wage thieves" particularly goal keeps. It keeps players on their toes and guards against acceptance of mediocrity.
    I think voodoo dolls of the usual suspects (long serving players, newbies and directors) would sell well at the shop.

:)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I am not overly fussed about promotion provided that Hibs win the Cup.

The Premiership is the usual load of crap with the ugly sisters and a load of dross such as Hamilton, Partick Thistle, etc. The Championship will be better next season with the absence of Sevco and the addition of Dundee United and Dunfermline.

No one is going to tell me that teams like Ross County, Hamilton, and Partick Thistle are bigger than Hibs, Dundee United, Dunfermline, St Mirren, and Falkirk.

It's bad enough trying to focus on the next crazy month of fixtures without thinking about the summer.
    Far, far, far too many scenarios come to mind when I even remotely start to think about it.

Without promotion or the cup, it won't be Stubbs problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our biggest problem is if we win the cup and not go up, do we get shot of Stubbs for not gaining promotion but wins us the eluded cup.

Will players stay another year in this league with the potential offers that will inevitably come for the better ones.

If we lose the cup and stay down can we trust Stubbs with another campaign, knowing he's made a cock of it this season.

If we go up, who do we get shot of and who do we bring in.

Many questions and multiple scenarios, unfortunately we'll not know till 3 weeks from now.

Quote Originally Posted by bernz View Post
    Lose lose?
    Well there will always be folk who disagree with what Stubbs does and regardless wether we stay or go up they will criticise him

Quote Originally Posted by hibhibhurray View Post
    It's bad enough trying to focus on the next crazy month of fixtures without thinking about the summer.
    Far, far, far too many scenarios come to mind when I even remotely start to think about it.

You are probably right but was just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by jdships View Post

You are probably right but was just a thought
    Lol. Hibs.net will be abuzz with speculation and every permutation and likely scenario after the play offs. It's going to be interesting and rather exciting and probably just what we need during the "cricket season"

Doesn't really make any difference to pre-season. Win the Scottish Cup we enter Europa League on 14 July.
    Lose the Scottish Cup we enter the League Cup Groups stage 16 July.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Our biggest problem is if we win the cup and not go up, do we get shot of Stubbs for not gaining promotion but wins us the eluded cup.

Will players stay another year in this league with the potential offers that will inevitably come for the better ones.

If we lose the cup and stay down can we trust Stubbs with another campaign, knowing he's made a cock of it this season.

If we go up, who do we get shot of and who do we bring in.

Many questions and multiple scenarios, unfortunately we'll not know till 3 weeks from now.
    If we win the cup and stay down Stubbs will still have the freedom of Leith and there's absolutely no way we get rid.

The position we are in is undeniably exciting but it does leave us stymied while others plan ahead for next season.

Stubbs will have targets but they must come into Plan A & Plan B models, depending on where we end up.

If it all comes good, then keeping Stubbs may be difficult and if it all goes wrong then he might walk away / get punted.

It's all a bit Donald Rumsfeld: "There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know."

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    If we win the cup and stay down Stubbs will still have the freedom of Leith and there's absolutely no way we get rid.

But that is the big conundrum, keep a man that's won the cup but failed to get promotion, if this happened do we trust him next season?