hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Who was the last person at Tynecastle who had big plans (not including the ones in cardboard boxes) to make Hearts champions of Scotland? For a bonus point whatever happened to him?

5 years eh. He genuinely thinks he'll be there that long. Deluded windae licker.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by son of haggart View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He must be doing it on the sly then - they're not on sale yet

Is there a reason for the delay ?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    Thing is, I believe it is possible for, certainly Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs (once we get promotion) to challenge for the title.

I wouldn't expect us to challenge but I'd be disappointed if the people running our club didn't at least recognise the possibility. Celtic and Rangers aren't competing in the group stages of the Champ league any more and it's been a couple of years since there has been any mega bucks sales to the Premiership.

Their budget is obviously still bigger but the gap has now closed to a point where sound management, player recruitment and financial planning could allow another club to win the title.
    No it hasn't. Celtic have sold Van Dijk and Forster for over 20 million to Southampton in the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No it hasn't. Celtic have sold Van Dijk and Forster for over 20 million to Southampton in the last 2 years.
    Okay its been almost two years since they sold Forster for big money. I had forgotten about van Dijk.

Over the last six years or so they have sold van Dijk, Forster, Wanyama, Hooper, Sung-Yeung Ki, McGeady all for big money. An average of one big sale per season. It's been almost a year since the van Dijk sale. Can you see the next one? The point was that the big sales are are drying up and I don't see any other 10M+ players in their current squad.

I think you probably knew that was my point though, but well done for pointing out the error
    Last edited by hibsmad; 29-04-2016 at 03:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Also drying up will be the Foundation of Hearts debits to the football club.

I think from next season the payments will be gathered for the purchase of the Club from Mrs Budge.

Still makes me laugh that folk think Robbie Neilson calls the shots. He's the face of hearts but he's not the brains. He's also the dullest man on the planet but that's irrelevant just thought I'd add that.

Hearts are *****, I don't really care enough about them or the team, I worry about Hibs and that's enough for me.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 29-04-2016 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsmad View Post
    Okay its been almost two years since they sold Forster for big money. I had forgotten about van Dijk.

Over the last six years or so they have sold van Dijk, Forster, Wanyama, Hooper, Sung-Yeung Ki, McGeady all for big money. An average of one big sale per season. It's been almost a year since the van Dijk sale. Can you see the next one? The point was that the big sales are are drying up and I don't see any other 10M+ players in their current squad.

I think you probably knew that was my point though, but well done for pointing out the error
    You are right in saying that they don't have a 10 million pound player now but I'd hardly say its unlikely they could sign someone this summer that could go for big money in a few years, they have done okay in recent years when it comes to selling guys for big money after getting them cheap. Probably law of averages stuff, they have certainly signed enough guff as well.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Printing 400,000 season tickets takes a while, and they have to be bigger than average ones as well.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    You are right in saying that they don't have a 10 million pound player now but I'd hardly say its unlikely they could sign someone this summer that could go for big money in a few years, they have done okay in recent years when it comes to selling guys for big money after getting them cheap. Probably law of averages stuff, they have certainly signed enough guff as well.
    Fair enough.

I like to think (maybe hope) that they went through a bit of a purple patch with signings and that they have sold an above average amount of big money players over the past six years. Couple this with the fact that they are finding it more difficult to qualify for the Champions League and you have a club with, although bigger than the rest, a much reduced budget compared to recent years.

Remember that a lot of these players were sold for big money because they performed well in the Champions League. If Celtic aren't qualifying for it then the players can't prove to other clubs that they are up to that level. Which results in reduced transfer fees.

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    They went on sale today - the same day as last year.

Left by mutual consent!
    They went on sale today - the same day as last year.
    Im gathering this will be the last season sitting in the ****hole deathtrap part of the stadium?

Obsessed with the Hibees son of haggart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Im gathering this will be the last season sitting in the ****hole deathtrap part of the stadium?

If you mean our magnificent Archibald Leitch designed main stand , then yes

I'll miss the old dear - my grandfather was in the enclosure there all the way through the 20s to the early 70s

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    Why not? Vision and mission. Being Scottish champions is within the reach of several clubs, barring a rigged TV contract that ploughs money into one specific fixture or daft voting rights that maintain a duopoly. Every club is beatable on any given match day.

Anyone know where we plan to be in the next 5 years?
    I.l can't see anyone other than the old firm wining the league as long as we are playing each other four times. You can beat them both once or maybe even twice but not come out on top over four games. Then it's down to how you do against everyone else.

If I'm being honest I don't give a flying F what that grade a yam roaster fud has to say.

In fact they can all go and do one, especially the bottle merchant Potter.

Quote Originally Posted by torto7062 View Post
    head coach robbie neilson firmly believes that hearts can finally erase the pain of 1986, when they lost the scottish title to celtic on the final day of the season, by challenging the glasgow club for the title next season. (the herald)

hearts head coach robbie neilson has five-year plan to make the edinburgh club scottish champions.(the scotsman)

sent from my sm-g920f using tapatalk
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahajahahahahahahahahaha hajajahahhahahahahahahahah f,n hahahahaahahahahaha.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ach, give them a season or two to settle down and they'll be back to their usual target - finishing 3rd !. I've never understood that years-old mantra of theirs 'We're Scotland's 3rd Club' - who the **** wants their to continually finish 3rd ??. Unless they mean the 3rd biggest religiously-bigoted support ??

Not even close to the poorest celtic side for many years. He's a zoomer!

How did Neilson / Levein's team get on today? I heard Griffiths scored yet another goal at Tynecastle today.

I wonder how many that must be for Griffiths at that particular ground?

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    How did Neilson / Levein's team get on today? I heard Griffiths scored yet another goal at Tynecastle today.

Officially one less than it should be.

Its ambitious but if you've just finished 3rd then surely you have to aim to better that.

Unfortunately for hearts, celtic will strengthen and I reckon so will the huns.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Officially one less than it should be.
    How so?

Neilsen the Phoodle out!!

Hire a plane with one click: sorted!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    How so?
    Mixing up the goal well over the line at Easter Road with Forsters well onside equaliser at their dump I think.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

Jambos played eye bleeding football today.They should contemplate building their new stand facing Mcleod st.

Really poor hoof ball team full of tall physical foreign players with little skill.

Celtic nothing special but comfortable in 2nd gear.

Season finished in Feb after yet another derby defeat.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    magnificent Archibald Leitch designed main stand
    Is that the one you have such an attachment to that you are about to knock down (sorry, I know you will save the odd brick/window)?

"Famous (sic) Archibald Leitch Designed stand" has been a poncey byline in every fawning Budge interview to date, only for her to dump it when it becomes surplus to requirements.

How's it being paid for, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Still makes me laugh that folk think Robbie Neilson calls the shots. He's the face of hearts but he's not the brains. He's also the dullest man on the planet but that's irrelevant just thought I'd add that.

Hearts are *****, I don't really care enough about them or the team, I worry about Hibs and that's enough for me.
    Think the fact that he has not been linked to any clubs down south, despite winning the championship last year and getting 3rd in the SPL, tells you all you need to know. People in football clearly believe he is Potters puppet.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Think the fact that he has not been linked to any clubs down south, despite winning the championship last year and getting 3rd in the SPL, tells you all you need to know. People in football clearly believe he is Potters puppet.
    He's potters puppet as potter still getting paid from SFA I believe until he finds a 'managers' role or a 'head coach' position at a club...hence his current title at Tincastle.

Potter needs a patsy to keep up the pretence to the SFA.

What I've been told anyway.

If you mean our magnificent Archibald Leitch designed main stand , then yes

I'll miss the old dear - my grandfather was in the enclosure there all the way through the 20s to the early 70s
    Looking at old pictures, it did indeed look magnificent in its original form with its terraced enclosures (including the now infamous style of crush barriers). It was also half decent when you initially made the enclosures seated.

Looking at it now, it is anything but a magnificent example of Archibald Leitch architecture. The lower tiers have been become unrecognisable, half populated wastes of space incorporating laughable attempts at prime facilities.

Clubs all over the British Isles have managed to maintain the essence of their original building but it's as if you guys have desecrated yours. Maybe it's your desire to do things on the cheap or the instinct to act now and think about the consequences later that have resulted in this.

Either way it's been allowed to become an outdated, ugly mess and shouldn't be missed by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    Ach, give them a season or two to settle down and they'll be back to their usual target - finishing 3rd !. I've never understood that years-old mantra of theirs 'We're Scotland's 3rd Club' - who the **** wants their to continually finish 3rd ??. Unless they mean the 3rd biggest religiously-bigoted support ??
    I think most teams in Scotland would like to consistently finish third, I think most fans know realistically that is what can be achieved. There may be a narrowing of the gap and a title challange might just be possible from someone outwith the OF but I doubt it.