hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is exactly what I was talking about. A forum for fans of a fitba club where the folk who think it might be a good idea for the clubs supporters to turn up at games on a regular basis get called "divisive"

Wouldn't it be great if Hibs had 13,000 folk committed enough to the club that they turned up to all its home games? 'Ach piss off, now yer just being divisive' .....

In spite of the fact that in every post I make on this subject I make it crystal clear that I completely understand why many folk cant go on a regular basis, be that work, time, money, etc .... I still get folk quoting my posts and telling me that I'm being unfair because folk cant always go because of work, time, money etc ................ I know, that's not the folk I am talking about!

What sort of a football club is this where fans who wish its supporters would back it from the terraces in greater numbers get called 'uber fans' and 'divisive' ...... perhaps I'm following the wrong club.
    Dinnae get yer knicks in a fist!

Ironically, I was replying to a post which was saying you've no excuse and no right to an opinion on the forum if you don't go to games

Bottom line, I agree that it would be much better if we had a bigger support, fact is we have always had average crowds in the region of where they are now, for decades! The exceptions are the rare seasons when we've performed with some style and that's no been that often in the past 40 years. I suspect that even Turnbull's team would have struggled to pull in a crowd much better Than we got in the midweek fixture this week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Have read it many times before posting and still of the opinion that you feel that everyone should be as good a fan as you seem to think you are, irrespective of their personal circumstances. Sorry lifes not like that.
    Well your opinion is wrong, if you have read my posts you are clearly choosing to ignore the fact that I have acknowledge there are many circumstances that mean folk simply cant go to games.

Your "as good a fan as you" comment goes to the heart of this. Its like the 'uber fan' argument ........ not so many years ago an uber fan was someone who never missed a game home or away and perhaps even followed the club abroad. Now if you suggest going to see them in all the home games you get called an uber fan.

I know exactly what 'life is like' by the way ..... I'll match up my hard road to anybody's

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Well your opinion is wrong, if you have read my posts you are clearly choosing to ignore the fact that I have acknowledge there are many circumstances that mean folk simply cant go to games.

Your "as good a fan as you" comment goes to the heart of this. Its like the 'uber fan' argument ........ not so many years ago an uber fan was someone who never missed a game home or away and perhaps even followed the club abroad. Now if you suggest going to see them in all the home games you get called an uber fan.

I know exactly what 'life is like' by the way ..... I'll match up my hard road to anybody's

Nah, you have to watch the development team too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Nah, you have to watch the development team too.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    So what do you suggest the club/team do to entice more folk every week?
    How about a loyalty scheme? Oh, wait a minute...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    How about a loyalty scheme? Oh, wait a minute...

That sounds good, how would that work?

Testimonial Due
    See Aberdeen only got just over 10,000 for their game yesterday; which demonstrates that, unless there really is something at stake, it is pretty much only the hardcore fans that attend.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    See Aberdeen only got just over 10,000 for their game yesterday; which demonstrates that, unless there really is something at stake, it is pretty much only the hardcore fans that attend.
    Exactly, Partick with 2600, attendance at the so called top level of Scottish football is appalling so why should we expected better for a Tues night game when its baltic weather.