hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As a parent you need to make your own call. I've taken kids to many big games, without issue..including Ibrox etc. Travelling by car or supporter bus in and out of the game has very little risk. Although actually, I used the train to and from Ibrox on many occasions...If this was a thread about what drunken Hibs bam will get into a fight with another Hibs fan in the ground, then I'd understand it...to me that's much more likely than any incident outside the ground.
    Yeah, each to their own. My kids are still pretty young (6 and 4), while my eldest does take an interest now and is V keen to go, the twins are not fussed. I'd rather enjoy my day out with my wife, dad and brother, safe in the knowledge that my kids are cheering us on at home and i can enjoy the day, without having to worry.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'll be taking my 3,7 and 12 year olds,don't let them scare you anyway they will all be gone as we will still be in the stadium at the end ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I'm sure there will be however they will be hugely outnumbered by Hibees.

Nothing to worry about, really

Think it only really becomes an issue after the game and if your using public transport. Not only will their 22k fans at the game be back in the city centre but also the thousands who couldn't get a ticket and are out in town watching it. They'll have a good 30 min start on us after the game as well so the train stations and city centre pubs will be dodgy.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I'll be taking my 22 year old so he can look after me!

First Team Breakthrough
    Does Hampden have a family section? Seen a few people mention sitting in the family section at previous games but can't recall an option when buying tickets for previous visits

Quote Originally Posted by cloudy View Post
    Does Hampden have a family section? Seen a few people mention sitting in the family section at previous games but can't recall an option when buying tickets for previous visits
    Behind the goals so the east or west is nominally the family section, though it's usually cheaper it isn't advertised as a family section for the final usually.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Behind the goals so the east or west is nominally the family section, though it's usually cheaper it isn't advertised as a family section for the final usually.
    When you say a 'family section' do you mean just for Hibs fans or a mixed area? I'm not sure a family section shared with Rangers fans, no matter their age, would be a particularly relaxing experience. While I'd actually be interested to see how football would respond to doing away with segregation at matches there's always been more of a sense of danger with Rangers fans than any others IMHO. Just look at the thread about memories of the 79 final!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    When you say a 'family section' do you mean just for Hibs fans or a mixed area?
    It's never mixed, there's usually enough fighting between the Hibs fans without introducing the other teams support!

Behind the goals is sometimes cheaper so it's kind of suggested that it's a section for families.

There's nothing to stop a group of adults going there though which results in a lot of tanked up erses being mixed in with families.

They could solve this easily but time and time again they choose not to.

When you say a 'family section' do you mean just for Hibs fans or a mixed area? I'm not sure a family section shared with Rangers fans, no matter their age, would be a particularly relaxing experience. While I'd actually be interested to see how football would respond to doing away with segregation at matches there's always been more of a sense of danger with Rangers fans than any others IMHO. Just look at the thread about memories of the 79 final!
    It's just Hibs fans and to be honest, wouldn't even really call it a family section. It's just the section you can buy reduced priced tickets for the kids.

• Having been involved in an unpleasant incident involving drunken Celtic fans a few years ago when our group had several kids in tow I made a decision not to attend games against Celtic or The Rangers with young children. I would also extend that to games at Tynecastle but I never go to them anyway. I find the atmosphere vile.

I like to think things have moved on from the 70s when a visit to Easter Road from Rangers really was a hideous experience on the terraces (even though we often beat them on the pitch!) but judging by some of the neanderthals shown celebrating the win over Celtic on the Scottish news last night it was as though these people had emerged from a land that time forgot. Anyone from outwith Scotland tuning in to that really would have had their eyes opened to an aspect of this country that undermines the SNP's attempts to portray it as somehow 'better' than England.

I have known and worked alongside a number of very decent fans of Celtic and The Rangers, but the bigger the club the bigger the proportion of idiots and I suspect next month's final may not be a pleasant place for young children in and around the stadium.

My initial inclination was not to take my two boys because I am worried about the Zombie Orcs causing trouble but then I thought "**** that" why should they miss out because of the behaviour of others? You can't wrap them in cotton wool forever

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Promising Youngster MickeyEdwards's Avatar
    I remember when my boys were at primary school, we took them to Ibrox and the joys of the Broomloan Lower.

The "pies and bovril" arriving at half time from the Upper Tier was bad enough but a couple of 50 to 60 year old "thugs" covered in tattoos body piercings and wearing only short sleeved Hun tops on a cold Winter's day upset my boys with visual signs and threats that they "would be outside" after the final whistle. It was so bad that my youngest, then around 10 years old, insisted that we all took our Hibs scarfs off so that the walk back to the car might be a bit safer.

Never been back to Ibrox for league games since but have been back for Cup games where we get the entire Broomloan and more reliable policing to ensure a safer exit. the 3-0 in Feb 2006 game was a special one it has to be said! Gaz, Ivan and Chris Killen got the goals, all the goals right in front of us too!

Hampden might be different as long as you enter and leave the stadium from the East (Torryglen/Asda) side and leave the West (Mount Florida/Queens Park) to the Huns as they believe that it is theirs!

@hibs.net private member hibeesjoe's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: catcabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    You've got to keep youngsters away from our very own assholes as well, remember.
    There was a few assholes at the Dundee Utd semi. Totally scunners you about going

Amazingly this will be our 7th cup final of the century and the first against new or old Rangers . Because of opposition the 3 LC finals have been great for families with loads of tickets available and friendly atmosphere except for odd incident among our own support ( I`m saying this as long - time fan who has not gone to any LC final with kids and would probably enjoy a more intense atmosphere with other long - term Hibbies ) and the SC finals haven`t been complicated either with 2 against Celtic which are never as complicated as big games against Rangers and 1 against Hearts when policing in Glasgow was easy before and after ( sadly in all three SC finals heavy defeats probably made after match policing easier ) .
    So should fans take kids ? Any Hibs fan old enough to have kids will know about desire to win SC whether invented by press or not so would understandably be delighted to share experience of seeing us win cup with their kids but would probably have an even better time celebrating with other Hibbies who have followed the club for many years and without worrying about safety issues .

Get a grip this is our final and my bairns will be there. Do you think they are asking the same? Growth mindset please - stop this worrying about the other mob. We smashed them this week and will shut them up in the final. Let the youngsters be there and love it.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar
    Think the answer is arrive from the East side of the stadium and you will not meet many SEVCO supporters at all. After the game one support will be home before the other leaves and this will help too. We will fill half the stadium and match them for numbers. Kids will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    It's just Hibs fans and to be honest, wouldn't even really call it a family section. It's just the section you can buy reduced priced tickets for the kids.
    Which tends to attract the dregs of our own support....

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I never contemplated taking my then 9 year old son to the 1979 final . Thankfully times have changed and I would not really have any qualms about it now though it is all about making sure you stick to the designated Hibs areas pre and post match where there is safety in numbers.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'd be very wary and wouldn't consider putting children in sections near segregation lines. They're going to be drunk, angry, vindictive. We already know that many in their support hate everyone and everything, but remember their hatred for Hibs is particularly fierce. Everyone needs to be careful around the stadium on the day: don't allow yourself to become isolated, and walk away from provocation.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I'd be very wary and wouldn't consider putting children in sections near segregation lines. They're going to be drunk, angry, vindictive. We already know that many in their support hate everyone and everything, but remember their hatred for Hibs is particularly fierce. Everyone needs to be careful around the stadium on the day: don't allow yourself to become isolated, and walk away from provocation.
    Attack is the best form of defence! If any them come near me and want a bit aggro my inclination would be to steam in.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DUX View Post
    Attack is the best form of defence! If any them come near me and want a bit aggro my inclination would be to steam in.
    But what good would that do? Behaving like them isn't the answer, particularly when there are children around. You'd be playing into the hands of the worst elements of the Rangers support.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    But what good would that do? Behaving like them isn't the answer, particularly when there are children around. You'd be playing into the hands of the worst elements of the Rangers support.
    I can guarantee you I will be there not looking for any bother whatsoever!

However if any of them come near me looking for bother I will not be standing around waiting to be set upon.

I have respiratory problems and can't run which limits my alternatives somewhat so I will very probably steam in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Of course I am talking about defending myself and other hibbies if set upon. I hope there is no trouble and therefore no need to defend ourselves against unprovoked troublemakers.

Should be the bairns choice. Imagine if we win it and those poor bairns don't get to see it cause of their paranoid parents.

Meanwhile all the bairns pals at school are talking about the game.

It's not THAT hard to avoid trouble, stay within the Hibs fans and don't go mouthing off. If you see trouble starting stay away from it.

It's Glasgow, no the Gaza Strip.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Should be the bairns choice. Imagine if we win it and those poor bairns don't get to see it cause of their paranoid parents.

Meanwhile all the bairns pals at school are talking about the game.

It's not THAT hard to avoid trouble, stay within the Hibs fans and don't go mouthing off. If you see trouble starting stay away from it.

It's Glasgow, no the Gaza Strip.
    Thank Goodness Gaza's not going to strip, his moobs would frighten anyone never mind the children!

Left by mutual consent!
    Just bumping this one up again in the light of the thread about keeping safe in Glasgow. Out of interest, did anyone on here decide NOT to take their kids in the end?

@hibs.net private member Lang Toun Hibs's Avatar
    Whole family going this time...5, 9 and 12 with me and the Mrs. Against Hearts it was just Mrs DH and me, against Celtic the two eldest(?) came along too. This time all of us - don't want any of them to miss out!🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm a Rangers fan and I can assure you that the vast majority are just typical fans who want to watch the match just like you do then go home peacefully. I expect we're all aware that every club has an element of 100% morons following it and with that in mind the best you can do is take steps to remain in a large crowd because the freaks out there are like predators trying to isolate a target from the herd.

If I were going to take young kids to a match as big as this I would be making a detailed plan ahead of time regarding how I intended to get in and out of there. On the day the streets for a mile around Hampden will be flooded with police. Stay in the safe zones where they are.