hibs.net Messageboard

Why have things gone wrong at Hibs recently?

This is a good, albeit lengthy, article in which the writer makes a decent attempt at explaining why he thinks things have gone wrong on the pitch at Hibs over the last couple of months.

It's not a "put the boot into Hibs" article. I thought I would post it, as it seems worthy of debate on a Hibs fans forum.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...hibs-1-4100456

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a good, albeit lengthy, article in which the writer makes a decent attempt at explaining why he thinks things have gone wrong on the pitch at Hibs over the last couple of months.

It's not a "put the boot into Hibs" article. I thought I would post it, as it seems worthy of debate on a Hibs fans forum.

But maybe not on the eve of a semi final.

Left by mutual consent!

That's one to digest on another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    But maybe not on the eve of a semi final.
    Surely posting something here has no relevance to, or will affect, what will happen at Hampden tomorrow?

Surely posting something here has no relevance to, or will affect, what will happen at Hampden tomorrow?
    Thanks for posting, an interesting read.

Coaching Staff

Thanks for posting this article, have to say it's a well argued piece and pretty much on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Thanks for posting, an interesting read.
    Cheers, I thought so too.

EDIT: Ditto post #6
    Last edited by emerald green; 15-04-2016 at 06:19 PM.

The boy is spot on with nearly everything imo

Cheers, I thought so too.
    I don't think you should have to defend posting a link to this article.

We have a Scottish Cup semi-final this weekend, there will be a larger than normal interest in our fortunes as a result and the media will be writing articles about us. I suspect this article is less for the benefit of Hibs fans but more an attempt to explain to the interested but unknowing onlooker what exactly is going on right now. How many of us have been asked WTF is going on with our team these past few weeks?

FWIW if Stubbs had paid top dollar to any of the most respected and knowledgeable figures in the game today they couldn't have come up with a better report. It's bang on the money, word for word, covers every single issue we have and misses none out.

Personally I thought it was a great article and tbd I thought there were signs on Tuesday that Stubbs had taken steps to address some the issues (well, the ones he can do something about). It hasn't made me feel any less positive about the game tomorrow so I really don't see why this shouldn't have been shared, today or any other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't think you should have to defend posting a link to this article.

We have a Scottish Cup semi-final this weekend, there will be a larger than normal interest in our fortunes as a result and the media will be writing articles about us. I suspect this article is less for the benefit of Hibs fans but more an attempt to explain to the interested but unknowing onlooker what exactly is going on right now. How many of us have been asked WTF is going on with our team these past few weeks?

FWIW if Stubbs had paid top dollar to any of the most respected and knowledgeable figures in the game today they couldn't have come up with a better report. It's bang on the money, word for word, covers every single issue we have and misses none out.

Personally I thought it was a great article and tbd I thought there were signs on Tuesday that Stubbs had taken steps to address some the issues (well, the ones he can do something about). It hasn't made me feel any less positive about the game tomorrow so I really don't see why this shouldn't have been shared, today or any other day.
    Exactly mate. Cheers for that.

The bits in bold - these were just a couple of the reasons I posted the article. As I said in my OP, it's not an article putting the boot into Hibs, but simply a genuine attempt to articulate what has gone wrong.

Says what has gone wrong but pretty sketchy on why.

this was indeed a good read. However, given the current problems and poor results I find it very annoying and concerning that our CLUB allows players to make comments about how poor the opposition are,why they are bottom of the league etc etc. There should be a blanket ban on players being subjected to and commenting to journalists on vitually the eve of a major match. I wish the manager had also refused to sit with Mixu, with the Scottish cup in the middle for photos. the only time I want to see a Hibernian manager next to that bloody thing is cwhen we win it.!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    That's an objective article as opposed to the mire of unobjective posts before during and after every game.

this was indeed a good read. However, given the current problems and poor results I find it very annoying and concerning that our CLUB allows players to make comments about how poor the opposition are,why they are bottom of the league etc etc. There should be a blanket ban on players being subjected to and commenting to journalists on vitually the eve of a major match. I wish the manager had also refused to sit with Mixu, with the Scottish cup in the middle for photos. the only time I want to see a Hibernian manager next to that bloody thing is when we win it.!

this was indeed a good read. However, given the current problems and poor results I find it very annoying and concerning that our CLUB allows players to make comments about how poor the opposition are,why they are bottom of the league etc etc. There should be a blanket ban on players being subjected to and commenting to journalists on virtually the eve of a major match. I wish the manager had also refused to sit with Mixu, with the Scottish cup in the middle for photos. the only time I want to see a Hibernian manager next to that bloody thing is when we win it.!

apologies for three identical comments. thought it was my PC, must be me!

Apologies haven't looked at article but on radio in last few days no journalist commenting on the game had any real insight into hibs loss of form
    They all said on form hibs were the better team and we had the more skill full players but hey felt the teams ate o such poor form the game could go iether way but Kieth jackson ,Tom English and an other all plumped for hibs to win when pushed for a winner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk