hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get used to it.

Ever since 2007 cup win and we sold all our top assets, our club has been run like a championship club, Petrie has been the biggest problem by his penny pinching chairmanship. Due to the attitude from top being stay safe, buy average and fingers crossed our next manager can do it, we've had this mediocre mindset that average is fine. We've tried to change this with LD coming in and attempting to go down the young up and coming coach route but in this league that doesn't work, we needed someone in who knew about winning and scrapping, not pretty tippy tappy football, this is Scotland and tippy tappy doesn't always work, you need a plan B.

Warburton was a very good choice for Rangers as he's managed in the lower leagues in England and knew exactly what was needed to get out this league, Stubbs and his coaches have only ever been youth coaches, they've never been in senior league management, so are still learning, we don't have time to wait for them to play catch up. We should've went for someone like McGhee, McCall, managers who know what it takes to get a winning mentality, look at Motherwell since McGhee took over, taken them from around 3rd bottom to 4th in the premiership.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Being a Hibs fan is like being in a relationship with an abusive partner. Every weekend they hurt and humiliate you yet you keep coming back for more coz you "love" them and you have a nice house and garden.

Every now and then they'll seem like they are being nice to you before hitting you hard in the stomach when you least expect it.

All your friends and colleagues seem to have nice partners who give them presents and never seem to let them down even the ones up north.

But you struggle on hoping against hope that one day they'll change and make you happy.

But at least you're not married to Geoff the Jambo - he's a ****.
    Very well put and very true

We should have one of those charity adverts on the television

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Maybe of lesser quality but also maybe more effective . Don`t think we`d welcome many if any of the Falkirk players as signings but as a team they seem to be doing better than us .
    The falkirk players re looking decent in their team because they have been moulded into a cohesive well drilled oufit where every man knows what his job and responsibilities are. Yes their tactics are crude at time, but Hibs dont look like an organised outfit and in my eyes have not been since Stubbs been in charge

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    Over 15,000 for a Hibs v Dunferlime game in the Championship next year? Absolutely no chance.
    Last time Dunfermline came to Easter Road there was more than 15,000 at the game. So to say no chance is not true!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toldo123 View Post
    The falkirk players re looking decent in their team because they have been moulded into a cohesive well drilled oufit where every man knows what his job and responsibilities are. Yes their tactics are crude at time, but Hibs dont look like an organised outfit and in my eyes have not been since Stubbs been in charge
    We looked pretty organised when we beat Rangers, Hearts, Dundee Utd Inverness and St Johnstone?

I do agree that we have fallen apart and the reasons are baffling. No plan B, tactical inflexibility etc all appear true over the past six weeks or so. The myriad of reasons people have put forward to explain what's happened still don't really satisfy me.

Blaming Stokes or Thomson is frankly ridic. What a weak minded bunch our men are if that's the case.

Being "found out". Well, it took a long time and much better teams than Raith, Morton, Alloa, OofS and Dumbarton tried and failed.

Our players aren't good enough? For me , man for man, we have a very strong squad. Maybe room for improvement in some areas, a bit more variety of player, a better goalie etc, but earlier results suggest this isn't the case, neither does the evidence of my own eyes, yet the bizarre recent run contradicts this.

Basically, I'm ****ed if I know. People are going radge and rightly so.

In trying to make sense of it all, I ask if a more established manager could get more from the players and I feel the answer is yes, the likes of McCall or even Houston could but it's not a given.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Any new signing would be of lesser quality and our two players of value will be sold.
    Continued managed decline is where we are at these days.
    Absolutely nothing to say that is true either, the fact that teams with lower budgets like County, St Johnstone, ICT have consistently outperformed us suggests there is more winning than who has the most expensive team.

On the bright side, there'll be no Category A games, so it'll be cheaper for PATG-ers.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    There is nothing to suggest we wont go up next season. Absolutely nothing.
    Alloa made a suggestion.

Dumbarton have made two suggestions.

One win in ten (or whatever it is) in this division is a suggestion.

We can't be complacent; we have no right to promotion, we'll have to earn it. We need a shift in mentality towards a rejection of this underachievement at all levels of the club, before we'll be promoted. We can't just assume we'll go up.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Yep; it's a financial Catch 2. Season tickets sales will nosedive now and we will have to pay off Stubbs and his cohorts.
    Yep. Enough for me. I'm not renewing mine. Well done everyone who has and will.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Alloa made a suggestion.

Dumbarton have made two suggestions.

One win in ten (or whatever it is) in this division is a suggestion.

We can't be complacent; we have no right to promotion, we'll have to earn it. We need a shift in mentality towards a rejection of this underachievement at all levels of the club, before we'll be promoted. We can't just assume we'll go up.
    I didn't say we had any right to promotion but this seasons results have nothing to do with it. We hammered The Rangers 4-0 last season, they got promoted this season.

Testimonial Due
    Getting in out of this league with hearts and rangers in it was always going to be a massive ask. In reality rangers getting promoted last year would have been a better result for us. To get out of this division I think we need to win it and go up automatically as I just don't believe at the moment we have it in us to go up via a play off regardless of whether we finish 2nd or 4th.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I didn't say we had any right to promotion but this seasons results have nothing to do with it. We hammered The Rangers 4-0 last season, they got promoted this season.
    If we don't go up via the play offs, there must be a fair chance we'll be looking for a new manager in the summer: yet another re-build. I think there are plenty of warning signals that suggest it could be another hard season, and also much that is as yet unknown. God knows what would happen.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    If we don't go up via the play offs, there must be a fair chance we'll be looking for a new manager in the summer: yet another re-build. I think there are plenty of warning signals that suggest it could be another hard season, and also much that is as yet unknown. God knows what would happen.
    We should be looking for a new manager. I am not some Stubbs hater but 2 chances in enough, thanks and good luck Alan. New manager with new ideas would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Is that why season tickets are Premiership prices next season then? £360 early bird or £380 if you missed the cut off. It's a joke to be paying that to watch championship football. It will be £22 for walk ups next season to make a season ticket worth while, anything less than that and I'd be looking for the difference back and if they class Dunfermline or dundee utd as a Cat A match that will be £28 for the pleasure. Astonishing.
    Agree it's far too expensive... Add in no cup top up a revamped league cup/petrofac cup (if we don't get promoted) it's very expensive watching hibs

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    There is nothing to suggest we wont go up next season. Absolutely nothing.
    Leeann Dempster: Hibs are planning for promotion

She said: “I’m sure someone will ask me ‘what happens if we don’t get promoted?’. Are we going to be able to keep our players? How much money are we going to have, what’s going to happen? I’d like to pre-empt that question. This is not to say we don’t plan for every eventuality, but we are not planning not to get promoted this season. We’re planning for promotion and that is uppermost in our minds. That is the driving force behind every single thing that we do.”

The plan was/is to go up this season.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Last time Dunfermline came to Easter Road there was more than 15,000 at the game. So to say no chance is not true!
    I suppose if they are handing out cup final vouchers and we are in another relegation battle too, we might have 15k

Otherwise we wont have anything near that.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I suppose if they are handing out cup final vouchers and we are in another relegation battle too, we might have 15k

Perhaps folks patience is running out G!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Perhaps folks patience is running out G!
    Surely not, i did see a post earlier this week asking for more patience though.

Being a Hibs fan is like being in a relationship with an abusive partner. Every weekend they hurt and humiliate you yet you keep coming back for more coz you "love" them and you have a nice house and garden.

Every now and then they'll seem like they are being nice to you before hitting you hard in the stomach when you least expect it.

All your friends and colleagues seem to have nice partners who give them presents and never seem to let them down even the ones up north.

But you struggle on hoping against hope that one day they'll change and make you happy.

Absolutely. Like the previous poster who replied to this I have total respect for those who can and do attend games regularly, even more so for the season ticket holders. If Hibs was my Championship Manager game I'd restart as this isn't fun and hasn't been for a long time. We aren't 'rubbish', we have enough to make you keep hoping but each time something comes along to get our hopes up it gets dashed and in the cruelest manner.

Solution? I've not got a clue. We make chances but don't take them and the defence make simple mistakes and we get punished at a frequency which is higher than I've ever seen. That can't be Stubbs' fault. But it happens consistently? Maybe then it is.

We never seem to get a result when we need it. We can get results on the games up to the crucial ones...but then flatter to deceive and the fans get that 'kicked in the stomach' feeling.

For me this started at the tail end of Yogi's season. I'll never forget that 6-6 Motherwell game, sitting 4 FOUR goals up and thinking 'its not enough' and being proven right. And I wasn't the only one.

We've got a good budget (esp for this league).
    We've got highly rated and talented players.
    Two months ago we had a highly rated manager.
    We've got brilliant facilities.

BUT

The facilities have produced nothing like the 'Golden Generation'.
    The budget hasn't got us results to beat Falkirk.
    The players lose regularly now to teams they should be dominating (even when we DO dominate the games we still come out goals down...)
    Our manager can't change a game like the others seem to.

It's infuriating, heartbreaking, embarrassing and entirely predictable now.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Albion Hibs View Post
    Getting in out of this league with hearts and rangers in it was always going to be a massive ask. In reality rangers getting promoted last year would have been a better result for us. To get out of this division I think we need to win it and go up automatically as I just don't believe at the moment we have it in us to go up via a play off regardless of whether we finish 2nd or 4th.
    this lot just don't have the consistency, discipline or bottle to prevail over a two- leg tie.

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    this lot just don't have the consistency, discipline or bottle to prevail over a two- leg tie.
    Is that why we beat Hearts and Inverness over 2 games?

Oh come on, if there was a promotion battle going on between us for top spot , then 15k plus would be quite possible, vouchers or not. Dunfermline have a decent travelling support if they are doing well.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Leeann Dempster: Hibs are planning for promotion

She said: “I’m sure someone will ask me ‘what happens if we don’t get promoted?’. Are we going to be able to keep our players? How much money are we going to have, what’s going to happen? I’d like to pre-empt that question. This is not to say we don’t plan for every eventuality, but we are not planning not to get promoted this season. We’re planning for promotion and that is uppermost in our minds. That is the driving force behind every single thing that we do.”

The plan was/is to go up this season.
    What was it Rabbie Burns said about the best laid plans of mice and men.....

We've never met, but will you marry me. I could do with a change. let's elope and follow Gala Fairydean.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Ever since 2007 cup win and we sold all our top assets, our club has been run like a championship club, Petrie has been the biggest problem by his penny pinching chairmanship. Due to the attitude from top being stay safe, buy average and fingers crossed our next manager can do it, we've had this mediocre mindset that average is fine. We've tried to change this with LD coming in and attempting to go down the young up and coming coach route but in this league that doesn't work, we needed someone in who knew about winning and scrapping, not pretty tippy tappy football, this is Scotland and tippy tappy doesn't always work, you need a plan B.

Warburton was a very good choice for Rangers as he's managed in the lower leagues in England and knew exactly what was needed to get out this league, Stubbs and his coaches have only ever been youth coaches, they've never been in senior league management, so are still learning, we don't have time to wait for them to play catch up. We should've went for someone like McGhee, McCall, managers who know what it takes to get a winning mentality, look at Motherwell since McGhee took over, taken them from around 3rd bottom to 4th in the premiership.
    McGhee has managed loads of clubs and been mince all over the place. Mc Call was Rangers, and joined The Rangers and would never be accepted at Hibernian. our current management team were being praised to the heavens, 2 months ago. our sudden collapse is probably the worse ever demise in the history of our club and It cant all be down to the Manger, surely? would you expect our club to bring in an ex-Barca, or EPL manager? Warburton managed Brentford who had a great season getting near the playoffs in the English Championship. fair play to him, but look at the amount of games his club struggled to get draws and 1 nils in even this league. we blew it, over the last 6 games or so and it cant all be down to Stubbs, surely?

Oh come on, if there was a promotion battle going on between us for top spot , then 15k plus would be quite possible, vouchers or not. Dunfermline have a decent travelling support if they are doing well.
    Did we get 15k against sevco last season when they had a full dunbar end? Stay down and season tickets will fall again, if we have 7.5k now we'd be very lucky to match that next season.

Dunfermline will be nowhere near fighting for the title, cant see them bringing any more that 1k tops but lets say 2k.

That leaves 5.5k walk ups, not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    When we were relegated, someone said we could be down here for three seasons. At the time I thought this was overly pessimistic. At this rate it could be three more seasons! Strangely relaxed about this state of affairs at the moment.
    I'm sure others said it too but I was one that felt three years would be realistic, I felt Sevco would win the league last year and the yams would either go up with them or go up this year, with that in mind I felt us being us would probably need to wait until both were out of the League before we managed to win it

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Over 15,000 for a Hibs v Dunferlime game in the Championship next year? Absolutely no chance.

Did we get 15k against sevco last season when they had a full dunbar end? Stay down and season tickets will fall again, if we have 7.5k now we'd be very lucky to match that next season.

Dunfermline will be nowhere near fighting for the title, cant see them bringing any more that 1k tops but lets say 2k.

That leaves 5.5k walk ups, not going to happen.