hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Conrad Logan

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By saying he will get better by age do you think it means we should punt him in the summer and watch him progress somewhere else likes?
    I think it probably means the poster who said it thinks he will improve with age.

But you keep knocking down those straw men.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    You said he made "a few good saves this season" and Oxley was the best keeper that's played at our ground this season mate.

I'm out anyway, you rate the boy, I think he's a massive weak link. Fair dos.
    He has made a few good saves this season....hasn't he? I certainly saw him make a few. You implied he was good, I agreed that he was, you argue with me.

I didn't say Oxley was the best keeper that played at our ground this season though. Like your opinions on keepers, you seem to be all over the place here.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Pretty much every department.

I think it speaks volumes that McNeil is currently second choice goalkeeper at Morton. I would fully expect Oxley to play at a far higher level than that when he eventually moves on.
    McNeil was at the same level at his age as Oxley is now. I would be amazed if Oxley makes a career for himself if look at Ben Williams who is league one at best in comparison who is and was a far far better goalie than Oxley.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    He has made a few good saves this season....hasn't he? I certainly saw him make a few. You implied he was good, I agreed that he was, you argue with me.

I didn't say Oxley was the best keeper that played at our ground this season though. Like your opinions on keepers, you seem to be all over the place here.

Sorry, you said "as good as any keeper". That's wrong again though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    I think it probably means the poster who said it thinks he will improve with age.

But you keep knocking down those straw men.
    So we are both implying what the poster meant then in that regard? 👍

McNeil was at the same level at his age as Oxley is now. I would be amazed if Oxley makes a career for himself if look at Ben Williams who is league one at best in comparison who is and was a far far better goalie than Oxley.
    Ben Williams is nearly 34 years old though.

McNeil was playing for Livingston when he was the same age as Oxley is now. OK it's the same division that Oxley's playing in for us just now but we're a far bigger club than Livingston.

I wouldn't say Oxley is a world beater, far from it, but he's not anywhere near as bad as you're suggesting.

Gamer IDs

Sorry, you said "as good as any keeper". That's wrong again though.
    Naw...I didnae. I dunno where you're seeing that I said that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Naw...I didnae. I dunno where you're seeing that I said that.
    Sorry, wasn't you bud, you replied to my reply. I'm away to sleep. Sorry 😂

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Ben Williams is nearly 34 years old though.

McNeil was playing for Livingston when he was the same age as Oxley is now. OK it's the same division that Oxley's playing in for us just now but we're a far bigger club than Livingston.

I wouldn't say Oxley is a world beater, far from it, but he's not anywhere near as bad as you're suggesting.
    Yes, you said Oxley will make a career far higher than McNeil. I'm saying at 34 Williams was a much better keeper than Oxley will ever be and his career wasn't exactly fantastic even as a much better goalie. Oxley will be conference in a season or two. He's not got it

Testimonial Due
    So we are both implying what the poster meant then in that regard? 
    I'm repeating what the poster actually said.

You're making stuff up.

Incidentally, Danderhall Hibs, who you originally quoted with your "So you're happy for him to be our number one for years to come?" comment hasn't said anything about him improving with age. In fact, the post you responded to with that comment was one of his about Oxley merely having made some good saves this season.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you said Oxley will make a career far higher than McNeil. I'm saying at 34 Williams was a much better keeper than Oxley will ever be and his career wasn't exactly fantastic even as a much better goalie. Oxley will be conference in a season or two. He's not got it
    With the greatest respect you are suggesting that your opinion is better than that of the respective Hull and Hibs coaching and management teams, one of whom saw enough in the guy to give him a contract when they were in the EPL and the other who play him ever week, despite having had over the piece a number of alternatives?

They see him week in week out in training and games and get to dissect every bit of his performance as long and as often as they want through watching videos of said games.

Why should your opinion be of more merit to us interested posters than theirs?

What better credentials do you have than they to be so unequivocal on Oxley's merits or the lack thereof?

He's no Joe Hart, but he is as good a keeper as a club in our present position can expect.

I could name 10 worse off the top of my head in my 40 odd years of watching Hibs.

BTW Williams was okay, but his downing of tools in the latter months of his Hibs career was one of the many reasons for our relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    With the greatest respect you are suggesting that your opinion is better than that of the respective Hull and Hibs coaching and management teams, one of whom saw enough in the guy to give him a contract when they were in the EPL and the other who play him ever week, despite having had over the piece a number of alternatives?

They see him week in week out in training and games and get to dissect every bit of his performance as long and as often as they want through watching videos of said games.

What better credentials do you have than they to be so unequivocal on Oxley's merits or the lack thereof?

He's no Joe Hart, but he is as good a keeper as a club in our present position can expect.

I could name 10 worse off the top of my head in my 40 odd years of watching Hibs.

BTW Williams was okay, but his downing of tools in the latter months of his Hibs career was one of the many reasons for our relegation.
    Sorry got to disagree with the bit in bold.
    We could and indeed should expect a better keeper than Oxley. I have only once are maybe twice seen Oxley keep us in a game. Oxley makes saves any decent keeper would make he simply does not make many saves where you think jeez what a save that was. Any shot on target has got a chance of going in and I suspect most Hibs fans are nervous with him in goal. I good example of Oxley ability was the first Raith Rovers goal a couple of weeks ago, no way was he responsible for the goal and was always unlikely to save it. However an averagely hit shot from 18 yds out beat him easily. Some keepers save those Ox does not.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I good example of Oxley ability was the first Raith Rovers goal a couple of weeks ago, no way was he responsible for the goal and was always unlikely to save it. However an averagely hit shot from 18 yds out beat him easily. Some keepers save those Ox does not.
    This part of your post just sums up the nonsense written about Oxley by some Hibs fans really.

First you say he's in no way responsible, and then say he's unlikely to save it, then say it's only an average shot, then you say some keepers would have saved it. So he's no responsible, but he is.

This part of your post just sums up the nonsense written about Oxley by some Hibs fans really.

First you say he's in no way responsible, and then say he's unlikely to save it, then say it's only an average shot, then you say some keepers would have saved it. So he's no responsible, but he is.
    Yip that about sums it up, even if you got the order a bit confused

The simple point I am trying to make is he is easily beaten makes very few saves other than the very straight forward run of the mill kind, he seldom keeps us in games due to his ability and yes I do think we could get a better keeper.

If that is nonsense I am sticking to it.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Yip that about sums it up, even if you got the order a bit confused

The simple point I am trying to make is he is easily beaten makes very few saves other than the very straight forward run of the mill kind, he seldom keeps us in games due to his ability and yes I do think we could get a better keeper.

If that is nonsense I am sticking to it.
    Last season i would've agreed with you. I found that he made standard saves but could not remember once saying "what a save". This season tho, he has definitely made a few crucial saves, and had up to about a month ago everyone had stopped talking about him because he was doing very little wrong - no more than your average keeper does. Unfortunately he had a spell of 3/4 games where he cost us a couple of goals and flapped at a couple.

People are very quick to blame him for EVERY goal tho. For example, Raiths 2nd, he was near the front post, the ball was put in near the back post, and on Facebook i read someone saying that Oxley had sold the jersey again, and that he didn't even make an attempt to save it. Why would he? there was no chance on EARTH that he wouldv'e saved it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Logan will be seen on the bench at Hampden and, barring injuries, that will be that. If he plays a game for Hibs or extends his contract I'd be shocked.

Folk calling for him to start need to settle down, he's not been brought in for that.
    Correct, he's been brought in so we can laugh at his physique and his hair.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He reminds me a bit of Brian Jensen, ex of Burnley
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member
    He looks some size of a boy. If we can't park the bus we can park him.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    And that was a major mistake by our management or are you in the same boat they can't do any wrong either? Cerny is well better than Oxley.
    In your opinion. Not in the opinion of guys who are paid to coach and manage the club

Quote Originally Posted by superhibi1 View Post
    In your opinion. Not in the opinion of guys who are paid to coach and manage the club
    Cerny has had a really good season at Partick. I have watched every highlight of their games this season and the vast majority of their live games and in my, granted non professional opinion he has had a better season than Oxley.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyjacklegend View Post
    Cerny has had a really good season at Partick. I have watched every highlight of their games this season and the vast majority of their live games and in my, granted non professional opinion he has had a better season than Oxley.
    Although after his injuries and lack of games before signing for Hibs I can see why the management team would be weary taking Cerny on as the main and pretty much only senior goalkeeper. Although with hindsight it certainly would've been worth the risk. But as always the management didn't have that ability to see in to the future.
    Last edited by mattyjacklegend; 01-04-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

He was also utterly awful on the 3 or 4 ocassions I saw him play for our development side last season.

It was no surprise to me he didn't get near our 1st team last year. With a full pre season and some game time it's no shock he has improved but I can see why Hibs didn't take the risk.

@hibs.net private member

Is there a video on youtube of him coming for a cross as well?

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post

What a load of garbage! Your saying hibs management team can't get it wrong, their perception of what makes a keeper is all that matters, thats a matter of opinion, and he, like anyone on here, is entitled to his, and if they can't get it wrong how the .... have we lost the last four games and are struggling to get 2nd place.