hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: baseball

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You're welcome to my house and ticket for a couple of weeks if you ever want to swap
    If I get back there I might take you up on that.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    We bought tickets for game 7 and it is at Dodger Stadium.
    Superb! I hope you enjoy it. I think I'll stay up for this one. Screw work

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I started this thread and seeing as the Tigers have been chronic this season I think we should end any further discussion. Thank you

Found a place to buy cans of Stella and we are closer to the field tonight. I didn't know that this is the first game 7 of World Series to be held at the Dodger Stadium.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did the Astros just kill the Dodgers as a club?!

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Did the Astros just kill the Dodgers as a club?!
    lol!

I think the Dodgers were Darvished and I am guessing the decision to play him again came down from above because it was like if Stubbs had picked Oxley in the Scottish Cup final. The guy had a meltdown in game 3 in Houston and gave away 5 runs in the first 2 innings of game 7 which put a huge amount of pressure on the rest of the team. Fair play to Houston who took advantage of the weakness.

I guess we will find out if it was Roberts who picked Darvish because he will be sacked in a few days. If it wasn't him the bosses have no justification to sack him.

The fact Darvish was acquired from the Rangers was not lost on me either.

I have too many season tickets already to get a Dodgers one but I will buy few games next year as we can find the time to go. Baseball is a lot of fun to watch, especially in the stadium. I was only going to watch one game and ended up seeing 5 out of 7.

The final game 7 did turn into a bit of an anti-climax but I did manage to stay up until 4am to see the end.
    Well done Astros on your first win.

Of course, Game 5 was the piece de resistance as far as excitement and see-sawing scorelines was concerned. If anyone watched that game as their first one, they’d be an immediate covert.

As Greenlake states, watching on TV doesn’t do the live experience in the stadium justice. I’ve been to a couple of Blue Jay games whilst on holiday visiting family. Really enjoyed it - but will never replace the buzz of walking to my seat at Easter Road every second week.
    GGTTH

lol!

I have too many season tickets already to get a Dodgers one but I will buy few games next year as we can find the time to go. Baseball is a lot of fun to watch, especially in the stadium. I was only going to watch one game and ended up seeing 5 out of 7.
    Trade in one of the other ones

Although I've been an armchair fan for many years, I only got to my first live game last month (last regular season game at Yankee Stadium) and was totally blown away by it. I've been to basketball and ice hockey games on previous visits and nothing comes close. Even Stan's Bar after the game was up there with anything Easter Road has to offer on match day.

To be fair mind, close on 3 hours sitting in the blazing sunshine drinking beer maybe enhanced the experience

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Think it was unfair to pin the full blame on Darvish last night - sure, he was poor (as he was in his first WS outing) but the Dodgers' offense was abysmal last night. Bellinger's WS record is probably not going to be surpassed for a long while...what was he, 17 outs overall? Woeful.

It's a shame game 7 was a bit of a one-sided damp squib in the end, as the World Series as a whole was tremendous.

As an aside rant, I was so irritated with the 3 young (1 not so) women sitting behind home plate in last night's game. Game 7, the seats probably cost 5 figures, and they didn't see a single pitch! They spent the entire game yammering to each other or looking at their phones!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Gamer IDs

lol!

I think the Dodgers were Darvished and I am guessing the decision to play him again came down from above because it was like if Stubbs had picked Oxley in the Scottish Cup final. The guy had a meltdown in game 3 in Houston and gave away 5 runs in the first 2 innings of game 7 which put a huge amount of pressure on the rest of the team. Fair play to Houston who took advantage of the weakness.

I guess we will find out if it was Roberts who picked Darvish because he will be sacked in a few days. If it wasn't him the bosses have no justification to sack him.

The fact Darvish was acquired from the Rangers was not lost on me either.

I'm likely to be spending 3 months in Palo Alto next summer, so I might be pestering you for some company on a trip down to LA during that time! Hopefully later in the summer so I can stretch my visit into football season!

Think it was unfair to pin the full blame on Darvish last night - sure, he was poor (as he was in his first WS outing) but the Dodgers' offense was abysmal last night. Bellinger's WS record is probably not going to be surpassed for a long while...what was he, 17 outs overall? Woeful.

It's a shame game 7 was a bit of a one-sided damp squib in the end, as the World Series as a whole was tremendous.

As an aside rant, I was so irritated with the 3 young (1 not so) women sitting behind home plate in last night's game. Game 7, the seats probably cost 5 figures, and they didn't see a single pitch! They spent the entire game yammering to each other or looking at their phones!
    There were plenty there who would only appear for game 7 and probably with someone else paying for the ticket.

I agree there was plenty of failure but there is valid reason someone suggested getting a t-shirt printed with "F*** Yu!" on it.

Bellinger delivered some hits in Houston. I would mention Turner and Seager before blaming a rookie. He needs to work on hitting the inside curve ball for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    Trade in one of the other ones

Although I've been an armchair fan for many years, I only got to my first live game last month (last regular season game at Yankee Stadium) and was totally blown away by it. I've been to basketball and ice hockey games on previous visits and nothing comes close. Even Stan's Bar after the game was up there with anything Easter Road has to offer on match day.

To be fair mind, close on 3 hours sitting in the blazing sunshine drinking beer maybe enhanced the experience
    I can't trade any of the others, we enjoy the games too much and the drinking too.

I'm likely to be spending 3 months in Palo Alto next summer, so I might be pestering you for some company on a trip down to LA during that time! Hopefully later in the summer so I can stretch my visit into football season!
    Summer will be off season for some of my season tickets but there are Galaxy and LAFC games and I can find Dodger tickets no problem. Regular season games are good value. Winter is better for games.

This calendar might be helpful for planning.

Summer will be off season for some of my season tickets but there are Galaxy and LAFC games and I can find Dodger tickets no problem. Regular season games are good value. Winter is better for games.

This calendar might be helpful for planning.
    If I ever get over to LA, we'll go for beer or two mate

Same if you're ever on the east coast!

If I ever get over to LA, we'll go for beer or two mate

Same if you're ever on the east coast!
    East is high on my list for away games. I'll be wearing a Kings jersey or a Hibs jersey or both to see the NY Rangers one day.

20171102_162038.jpg

East is high on my list for away games. I'll be wearing a Kings jersey or a Hibs jersey or both to see the NY Rangers one day.

20171102_162038.jpg
    Let me know when, I can usually scran some tickets for Rangers games!

Still, 147 days until baseball returns!

Gamer IDs

Really shocked and saddened to hear of the death of Roy Halladay! 2x Cy Young winner and one of the best pitchers of the modern era.

He died after a plane he was piloting crashed into the Gulf of Mexico.

Really shocked and saddened to hear of the death of Roy Halladay! 2x Cy Young winner and one of the best pitchers of the modern era.

He died after a plane he was piloting crashed into the Gulf of Mexico.
    Very sad. A gem of a guy too by all accounts. Hadn't realised that he signed a 1 day contract back in 2013 which ensured he retired a Blue Jay. Class act.

Cubs sign Yu Darvish to à multi year, $150 million deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Cubs sign Yu Darvish to à multi year, $150 million deal.
    After the Garappolo deal and this... I should have concentrated on throwing a ball than kicking one.

Gamer IDs

Just stupid money, and if that's what he and his people were looking for, I'm very glad he didn't land in Boston.

There's no doubt he's a talented pitcher, but his 2 outings in the WS last year were hugely questionable of his capabilities on the biggest stage.

Still, I suppose the Cubs had to do something after losing Arrieta.

Gamer IDs

Looks like we're getting a 2 game series in London next year between the Yankees and Red Sox at the London Stadium!

Looks like we're getting a 2 game series in London next year between the Yankees and Red Sox at the London Stadium!
    I'd rather go to Fenway...

'Mon the Sox

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Hadn't heard this, great news (even though Im a Tigers fan), is this set in stone or still being negotiated?

Watching the Cubs game at the Marlins just now. Anthony Rizzo grew up in Parkland where the Florida school massacre took place, so lots of Cubs in Parkland tshirts, banners etc, memorials for the kids. Of course, Rizzo goes up and has just smashed a homer, and the whole stadium, Cubs and Marlins fans, rise to give him a massive ovation. 4-1 Cubs in the 3rd.

Opening day!!! Get in. Means hot weather is on the way!

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Watching the Cubs game at the Marlins just now. Anthony Rizzo grew up in Parkland where the Florida school massacre took place, so lots of Cubs in Parkland tshirts, banners etc, memorials for the kids. Of course, Rizzo goes up and has just smashed a homer, and the whole stadium, Cubs and Marlins fans, rise to give him a massive ovation. 4-1 Cubs in the 3rd.
    Been a great game to get the season underway - Ian Happ smashed the first pitch of the season out of the park.

I thought Miami were going to be trounced after the first few innings, but they've rallied well. It's a good game into the 5th.

Gamer IDs

Opening day!!! Get in. Means hot weather is on the way!
    I've spent the past few days here in San Fran hiding from it. It's really warm by the Bay just now.

Been a great game to get the season underway - Ian Happ smashed the first pitch of the season out of the park.

I thought Miami were going to be trounced after the first few innings, but they've rallied well. It's a good game into the 5th.
    I thought they were they were still the Florida Marlins when they name change?