hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure of the opposition but I thought he scored from a left wing position kicking "downhill" in the first half.
    I have the programme for malmo game in attic we won 6 0 changed days and we won the away leg as well

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    It was revealed today that only 1450 have signed-up which is not great. I feel the lack of response will see the scheme fizzle out which will be a shame. To me the important thing is creating an additional income stream to help finance better quality players on the park and not so much fan ownership. We have plenty of Hibs Fans ( Sun. 13th Mar?) but not enough Supporters.
    I wasn't there but am 2 of the 1,400 :-)

I think it's a decent response from a support whose club is not in and hasn't for a long time been in crisis.

I have every faith that the numbers will continue to grow.
    Space to let

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I wasn't there but am 2 of the 1,400 :-)

I think it's a decent response from a support whose club is not in and hasn't for a long time been in crisis.

I have every faith that the numbers will continue to grow.
    I share your view and membership of HSL. I was not able to attend today as I had some unexpected business to take care off. HSL is only 1 year old. Give it time and then judge its success.

It was revealed today that only 1450 have signed-up which is not great. I feel the lack of response will see the scheme fizzle out which will be a shame. To me the important thing is creating an additional income stream to help finance better quality players on the park and not so much fan ownership. We have plenty of Hibs Fans ( Sun. 13th Mar?) but not enough Supporters.
    Nothing wrong with that IMO.

1,450 people putting money in, for no other reason, than the manager getting more money to spend on players. and get shares out of it aswell???

Everytime I read a new piece of news on the HSL, the numbers are rising, all good in my book.

Have not joined HSL yet as I bought shares last spring. I have decided to join HSL, although due to expenditure in buying shares that will not be till summer.

One of the quotes that might be of interest to those who are still undecided, 30,000 Hibernian supporters at Hampden for the league cup final only a few weeks ago. If only 10% of that number joined HSL, they would have a seat on the board!!

Quote Originally Posted by gylehibby View Post
    One of the quotes that might be of interest to those who are still undecided, 30,000 Hibernian supporters at Hampden for the league cup final only a few weeks ago. If only 10% of that number joined HSL, they would have a seat on the board!!
    That almost made me jump but..... how many directors are there ?

One amongst however many is that really going to make any difference ?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post

There are currently 9.

Of those, 2 are also on the Board of HSL. Another 2 are fans' representatives.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Weststandwanab View Post

If fan ownership is a serious aim the sooner we get an HSL rep on the board the better. It will make a difference.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If fan ownership is a serious aim the sooner we get an HSL rep on the board the better. It will make a difference.
    It's worth noting as well that an HSL director would be legally protected on the board, not the individual but the position. Whilst I doubt there is any plans to do it, and both are doing a sterling job imo, both Frank and Amit can be removed at any time.

With regards the AGM yesterday I thought the turnout was decent, the room was set for 125 and there wasn't too many empty seats. It was good to see a few familiar faces including at least 2 employees of the football club in attendance. There wasn't a whole lot of business to report but there were good questions that were given good answers, again imo. Pat Stanton seemed genuinely moved at being given the honorary membership, as he said getting recognition from the club is great but it's that wee bit more special when it comes from the fans. Hearing some of the stories from genuine legends was great and the regard and respect they have for Pat shines through, I could have listened to Jim Herriot talk all day.

All in all it was an enjoyable Saturday afternoon imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's worth noting as well that an HSL director would be legally protected on the board, not the individual but the position. Whilst I doubt there is any plans to do it, and both are doing a sterling job imo, both Frank and Amit can be removed at any time.

With regards the AGM yesterday I thought the turnout was decent, the room was set for 125 and there wasn't too many empty seats. It was good to see a few familiar faces including at least 2 employees of the football club in attendance. There wasn't a whole lot of business to report but there were good questions that were given good answers, again imo. Pat Stanton seemed genuinely moved at being given the honorary membership, as he said getting recognition from the club is great but it's that wee bit more special when it comes from the fans. Hearing some of the stories from genuine legends was great and the regard and respect they have for Pat shines through, I could have listened to Jim Herriot talk all day.

All in all it was an enjoyable Saturday afternoon imo.
    a good description of the events yesterday and i too could have listened to the former players all day long. It is good to hear them say what they felt for the club when they played for us and your right Jim Herriot nearly had me in tears too with his lovely tribute to Pat.
    Being the kind of man Pat is he gets embarrassed when he is complimented and i dont really know if he understands just what he as the man he is and as the footballing hero mean to the Hibs supporters.
    One gentleman got up and just wanted to thank the former players for the pleasure they had given him over the years they had played. He was emotional when saying that too. The Hibs mean so much to so many and in this financial climate we need to stand with them in the quest for better times.

I was really taken a back when we were told that if only 10% of the 30,000 that travelled to the League Cup Final had signed up to HSL we could have enough clout to put a director on the board that could influence decisions affecting the club.
    It sounds so simple put like that doesnt it? Yet im sure if more got involved giving a small amount each month there would be even better hope of new signings for the team.

It was a very interesting afternoon spent with "GOD" and his followers!

First Team Breakthrough MurrayfieldHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    a good description of the events yesterday and i too could have listened to the former players all day long. It is good to hear them say what they felt for the club when they played for us and your right Jim Herriot nearly had me in tears too with his lovely tribute to Pat.
    Being the kind of man Pat is he gets embarrassed when he is complimented and i dont really know if he understands just what he as the man he is and as the footballing hero mean to the Hibs supporters.
    One gentleman got up and just wanted to thank the former players for the pleasure they had given him over the years they had played. He was emotional when saying that too. The Hibs mean so much to so many and in this financial climate we need to stand with them in the quest for better times.

I was really taken a back when we were told that if only 10% of the 30,000 that travelled to the League Cup Final had signed up to HSL we could have enough clout to put a director on the board that could influence decisions affecting the club.
    It sounds so simple put like that doesnt it? Yet im sure if more got involved giving a small amount each month there would be even better hope of new signings for the team.

It was a very interesting afternoon spent with "GOD" and his followers!
    Well done everyone for posting their summaries. Two other things that I took note of are that we now have 8.16% of the shareholding - we will soon be at 10% (even sooner if more sign up! ) and the incredibly low amount of admin expenses - £386 (printing, postage, stationary, advertising & bank charges). These guys are making sure that our money goes into buying shares.

Please keep up the good work

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    Someone can correct my arithmetic but:
    1450 assumed at £12 a month on average (my assumption..a lot at £10 and some at £18.75..pls correct this if wrong) is £17.4k a month X 12 = £209k a year.
    Not to be sniffed at...is this not the equivalent of 2 of our better players wages (£2k a week) taken care of by HSL and a bit left over. Better to build HSL steadily over time with serious contributors who are there for the long term than start with a bang an then find it tailing off and can't be relied upon as a source of player budget income.
    Love to see it higher obviously but it's only a year old.
    A good steady start especially given the uncertainty that surrounded the scheme plus relegation etc

Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    Someone can correct my arithmetic but:
    1450 assumed at £12 a month on average (my assumption..a lot at £10 and some at £18.75..pls correct this if wrong) is £17.4k a month X 12 = £209k a year.
    Not to be sniffed at...is this not the equivalent of 2 of our better players wages (£2k a week) taken care of by HSL and a bit left over. Better to build HSL steadily over time with serious contributors who are there for the long term than start with a bang an then find it tailing off and can't be relied upon as a source of player budget income.
    Love to see it higher obviously but it's only a year old.
    A good steady start especially given the uncertainty that surrounded the scheme plus relegation etc
    Our top two earners are covered by HSL as things stand. The potential is there if we can attract more members, to really make a massive difference to the quality of players we can sign each season.

First Team Breakthrough StokePogesHibs's Avatar
    we have many supporters but not enough fanatics 'fans'. I always tell my American friends the difference between a supporter and a fanatic 'fan'. GGTTH