hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Promising Youngster Shore Thing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think the stadium capacity should be increased to trump the new look tincastle by +1.
    Or reduced to give the same effect

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    If we were filling the corners of ER it would be quite a long process. First we would need to buy some land so that we are able to fill the rest of the FF and South, second we would need to take away some seats from west and bring the roof back (optional), after that we would need to actually build the corners and lastly I don't know how the FF and South will connect onto the east because of the two tiers. All shown below in a diagram I made.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    If we were filling the corners of ER it would be quite a long process. First we would need to buy some land so that we are able to fill the rest of the FF and South, second we would need to take away some seats from west and bring the roof back (optional), after that we would need to actually build the corners and lastly I don't know how the FF and South will connect onto the east because of the two tiers. All shown below in a diagram I made.

Minor details . It looks great, though. What's the capacity?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Minor details . It looks great, though. What's the capacity?
    More than 20,421

More than 20,421
    It makes a huge difference when there's an enclosed stadium rather than four separate stands, IMO. Perhaps 1500-2000 each corner? Never going to happen, but it would terrific.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i've wondered for a while now whos cars are parked in that wee bit where the ticket pod is between East and FF, i assume that's the clubs property ? knock it down and fill in that corner :)

A 28000-30000 seat stadium is just what the country needs to host semi finals and some cup finals. Filling the corners in would produce one of those in the capital city. I don't think it would negatively effect the atmosphere either for games with 10,000 fans etc...

Nice idea but I don't think we can afford it. The SFA/SPFL would have to chip in I suppose...come on guys you need a 30000 stadium so let us help you.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    I'm sure it's far more expensive to build corners as opposed to actual stands because of the curvature. Is that the case? Another reason-along with our attendances-that it won't happen unfortunately. Would look amazing

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i've wondered for a while now whos cars are parked in that wee bit where the ticket pod is between East and FF, i assume that's the clubs property ? knock it down and fill in that corner :)
    Players and players family use that bit for parking.

If we were filling the corners of ER it would be quite a long process. First we would need to buy some land so that we are able to fill the rest of the FF and South, second we would need to take away some seats from west and bring the roof back (optional), after that we would need to actually build the corners and lastly I don't know how the FF and South will connect onto the east because of the two tiers. All shown below in a diagram I made..........

There's also the minor problem that there are roads and building in both corners. You would need to purchase and knock down the buildings, negotiate with the council about rebuilding the roads then pay for the new roads.

As another poster has mentioned, it's also more expensive (cost per seat) to build corners of a stadium. Oh and add in the fact that we can hardly even half fill the ground as it is.

Apart from that, it's a smashing idea

Quote Originally Posted by positive pete View Post
    A 28000-30000 seat stadium is just what the country needs to host semi finals and some cup finals. Filling the corners in would produce one of those in the capital city. I don't think it would negatively effect the atmosphere either for games with 10,000 fans etc...

Nice idea but I don't think we can afford it. The SFA/SPFL would have to chip in I suppose...come on guys you need a 30000 stadium so let us help you.
    That's actually a good shout. Hampden is often too big, same goes for Ibrox and Celtic Park. If you had the likes of Hearts/Aberdeen/ the Dundee clubs in semi-finals, a 25-30k stadium would be perfect for atmosphere and travel, and there isn't a stadium that can offer that just now.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

ah righty :(

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There's also the minor problem that there are roads and building in both corners. You would need to purchase and knock down the buildings, negotiate with the council about rebuilding the roads then pay for the new roads.

As another poster has mentioned, it's also more expensive (cost per seat) to build corners of a stadium. Oh and add in the fact that we can hardly even half fill the ground as it is.

FF side : buy some flats, knock them down, move the road.
    south side : buy a building, knock it down, no need to move road it's a dead end.

problem solved

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    ah righty :(
    Very handy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    **** them. They can park round the corner or get the bus.

@hibs.net private member
    Should build a property that could be let out in that carpark for players. Council Offices or a Doctors surgery. That would provide us with a regular income above football income and fill in a corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I don't think we should give Petrie any ideas that there are any other real estate projects out there that we could piss money away on.

We don't even get close to filling our current White Elephant anything like often enough as it is.

Every penny and every ounce of our effort should be put into getting our FOOTBALL club back to the level at which it belongs.

Anyone who wants a helipad or sexswing can get one at home.

It's not as if our ground is like Tynecastle - what we already have is more than good enough for our current needs.
    OK I I get your point, I think. but, can we blame Petrie for the current attendances? possibly because we spent money on the ground, rather than the team. should he have made it fit for 14/15000? that would be silly imho. the ground had to be made up to standard and I for 1 am glad it is. I saw huge crowds there, 35k against Leeds, almost 40k when Celtic won the league there, and 30+ against the gorgie mob, on any normal game against them. In the modern football day in Scotland, we have one of the best stadiums, and yet I'd love to see a bit of filling in, with regards to the corners etc. why not? let 5k in at the opposing end, make money. let another few thousand in at the home end, at big games. We have had a couple of very good turnouts over the season. the cup replay was given as 19k but most know it was more. what's the problem with extending it a bit and filling a couple of corners?

If a G&T bar in every stand is out of the question then I would just like some hot water in the toilets!

Some things could be done with little expense which would look good -

Some white seats in the East to spell out the club name
    Big harp (not an actual harp) on top of the west
    Big TV screen somewhere
    Improve the loudspeaker system
    Lick of green paint here and there

Bob's yer uncle

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

aye, negotiating with the council seems to be a real problem. other clubs have had that in the city of Edin.dont know how building seats in a corner, suddenly becomes a real problem if the stands were designed to accommodate the coupling of all the stands.HFC own the ticket office, naw/ or is it council owned like gorgie? Let's simplify. Knock down the ticket office, built that end into the west/ff .Incorporate the ticket office into the new part building, or is that too simple?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    **** them. They can park round the corner or get the bus.
    Totally agree.

Jeezo ..... Its a good mock up mate, but I just don't get why folk are so taken with filling the corners with seats. As I said on another post .. big screens enclosed like at Ibrox in the West/FF and East/South corners could be done without Hibs having to buy any land. Buildings filling the FF/East and South/West corners. That gets rid of the gaps ... extend the FF and South roofs to meet the West and East stand roofs and you end up with a fully enclosed stadium at a fraction of the cost of turning the stadium into a copy of the Riverside or King Power stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Jeezo ..... Its a good mock up mate, but I just don't get why folk are so taken with filling the corners with seats. As I said on another post .. big screens enclosed like at Ibrox in the West/FF and East/South corners could be done without Hibs having to buy any land. Buildings filling the FF/East and South/West corners. That gets rid of the gaps ... extend the FF and South roofs to meet the West and East stand roofs and you end up with a fully enclosed stadium at a fraction of the cost of turning the stadium into a copy of the Riverside or King Power stadiums.
    You've convinced me

Plus a few other suggestions mentioned, I'll compromise

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    More seats means more money. Anything else just adds costs.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    A team performing to a level where the only real guarantee of getting in to the ground is a season ticket would provide the revenue to do whatever. Not so much team first and then the ground to match, but just team first.

@hibs.net private member
    I'd like to see an extra tier on all the stands and the corners filled in. Extra capacity 10k min.

Perhaps we could build a 5* hotel and hell, maybe a small airport too.

Investment in the actual team should be secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I'd like to see an extra tier on all the stands and the corners filled in. Extra capacity 10k min.

Perhaps we could build a 5* hotel and hell, maybe a small airport too.

Investment in the actual team should be secondary.

Why does it have to be either or? Let's go with your plan and spend millions we don't have on the team. It's called cheating and it worked for Rangers and Hearts. Bump the taxman, take ten points off and it's happy days

At the moment they have filled the corners in with advertising hoarding about half way up. They apparently can't do it all the way up as it would be a hazard in strong winds.
    However for an absolute minimal cost they could take they same sort of netting up that they use on scaffolding, they usually have advertising or a photo of the building underneath.
    We could have the club crest or photos of ex-players.

We should also have the club name along the top of the east stand, similar to Newcastle.

Was googling some stadiums and came across Anderlecht's stadium. Its of similar size to ours but has all 4 corners filled in (26,000 capacity).
    What's interesting about this stadium is that one of the corners is just like our north-west and southeast corners in that its been designed to fit in with the road running outside.
    It shows what we could have, they have done a very good job of it, rows of executive boxes stacked on top of each other by the looks of it but it could simply be just video screens or something else for us.
    Canny post a link but just look it up at world stadiums.com

Quote Originally Posted by Delboy4 View Post
    That's what I thought as well. Probably because it will have a full size pitch for training in the winter?
    thought this thread was more or less about stadiums?we have a modern training centre, so much so that it has impressed fans, players and potential players over the years. the gorgie mob don't own such., they allegedly hire one, owned by a charity called Heriot Watt University. they did not pay rent, for a number of years, and it is still in some doubt as to the fscts that they are paying rent as we speak.