hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't see why. You couldn't pay me to watch another Scottish team. I know you might get kids going along but that's just bad parenting.
    They won't be poaching people who are already Orient fans but they are a huge predatory club who will now be hoovering up more of the "potential" Orient fans or fans of the future, seduced by the lure of reasonable offers on watching Premiership football.

A different product I suppose but it is a huge competitor landing on their doorstep.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    They won't be poaching people who are already Orient fans but they are a huge predatory club who will now be hoovering up more of the "potential" Orient fans or fans of the future, seduced by the lure of reasonable offers on watching Premiership football.

A different product I suppose but it is a huge competitor landing on their doorstep.
    If they were moving miles into someone else's territory I'd see the argument but they're moving a 20 minute walk along the road and still a couple of kilometres from Orient. You can guarantee Orient will have lost more potential fans to Chelsea, Arsenal and the Manchester teams than they will to West Ham.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    As I've posted on here before, my first ST for ER was season 1986/87 and cost £50 for the East Terracing. We sold 1200 season tickets for ER that season. That would be £126.86 if it rose by inflation only. The working peoples game?
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    If they were moving miles into someone else's territory I'd see the argument but they're moving a 20 minute walk along the road and still a couple of kilometres from Orient. You can guarantee Orient will have lost more potential fans to Chelsea, Arsenal and the Manchester teams than they will to West Ham.
    TBH I've never really looked at the exact geography so I don't really know the specifics - I just knew that Orient kicked up a fuss when the move was first suggested. What you say sounds reasonable to me.

I have a soft spot for the Hammers (my flatmate at Uni supported them and I've been to a good few games with him when they've played in the North-East) but I've only ever been down to see them play at home once.

I loved the Boleyn Ground and see the move as a fairly sad sign of the times.

With what you've mentioned I can see why they're doing it though.