9 4.52%
  • Win the play-offs but don't win SC

52 26.13%
  • Win the play-offs and win SC

31 15.58%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good question. There's a general assumption that the cup games have scuppered us, but as others have said Hibs need no reason to cock things up all by ourselves. IMO we don't have the luxury of being able to pick and choose what we win and need to grab every opportunity we can. To coast or not put 100% into the SC would be insulting to all the clubs we've beaten 😊. Also, we've a squad that is good enough to win this Cup if only we could get a wee break.
    A wee break? What like taking the squad to la mingo or where its called? No point in us moaning about cups spoiling our chances in the leagues now. We've came too far to turn back now. If anyone actually thinks we should not bother about the grail then thats just preposterous(is that how it's spelt?) preposterous i say.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    Can't get an option to vote on my phone but I predict a cup final appearance and play off final. losing both on current form but a change of fortune could see us win promotion but I still can't see us winning the cup.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Que sera sera however, if we're going by previous form, I've had a lot more downers than uppers since the days of the Tornados.

BTW, I think the sorest was the 4-0 defeat by the Jams in the Scottish semi. Zibi! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    must agree that game hurt me more than the other game, zibbie the biggest balloon ever how Mowbray dug him up from just wish we had never signed him

aye, and what did Mr Mowbray leave us with as a (surprise) going away present ?.............******* extension for the clown, which iirc took several months before the club even acknowledged said clown had got an extension to his contract

Think I'll change my prediction - went for Win the play-offs but not the Scottish Cup.

I'm struggling to see how we could possibly hope to win over 4 or 6 games, when we are getting beat by the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and Morton and nearly by Livingston.

I keep thinking "wait this is the team that's beaten Hertz, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, St. Johnstone and ICT, surely we can up our game when it's really needed".

Yet, we can't even beat a team of relegated part-timers (no disrespect meant), when it's getting to crunch time.

Think it's going to be Lose in the play-offs and the Scottish Cup.

We won't win either of them.

I would be shocked if I'm wrong.

So the "fail to get into the play-offs" option has gone, but we're still in the mix for promotion and the SC. Any more thoughts on how it's going to pan out?

Well only 9 people (less than 5%) got the prediction right. Well done to those who predicted SC glory, though disappointed we didn't win the play-offs too!

Those 9 being:

Bill Milne,
    Cameron1875,
    G B Young,
    gazmac,
    muzzando,
    mvteng,
    Off the bar,
    SchaedesBoots,
    thebausburst
    Last edited by theonlywayisup; 27-05-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Who are the 9??

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Who are the 9??
    I added them to the post above probably about the same time as you were posting.

Sorry, and thanks!
    Well done guys for your belief!