94 47.24%
  • Lose in play-offs but win SC

9 4.52%
  • Win the play-offs but don't win SC

52 26.13%
  • Win the play-offs and win SC

31 15.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Prediction Time: Will it be tears of joy or sadness?

So, we've got a wee break to re-group. We've hit a rocky road, but will the season end on a high or a low?

There's no right or wrong answer! You can be at your "happy clapping" or "bedwetting" best or worst!

Will Cummings put his miss at Raith behind him a score a hat-trick every game? Will Oxley save all penalties in the cup final, to be the hero? Will the Hibs build us up, only to lose the final two games of the season.

There's no right or wrong answer!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I had to go with win SC and win Play offy. Now in all honesty I think we will win at least one of them, but there is so much negativity around here just now, I thought I'd try and put some positivity back in.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Given what I've witnessed over the last ten or so years, I think the script is set for more of the same. We'll get to the final of the Scottish Cup, but a comfortable win for Rangers in the final will follow a limp defeat to Falkirk in the playoff semi-final.

Really hope I'm proved wrong as I would much rather see us actually do something than eat humble pie.

Got to love the vote for failing to get into the play offs, Morton are 17 behind with 18 available, QOS are 18 behind with 21 available, St Mirren are 21 behind with 21 available

Left by mutual consent!
    Lose in the Scottish Cup Semi's. Pick ourselves up and win the play-offs.

Left by mutual consent! AL-Qaholik's Avatar
    Went for fail on both counts as, whatever I predict, we inevitably do the bleedin' opposite...

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    History tells us we invent new ways most years how to fail, its Stubbs turn this time and i'm not confident.

Did not answer as i have no idea how this ends.

We will do what we normally do, sadly.

Basically, whatever is the worst thing that can happen to the fans, will happen.

When did we last finish a season strongly?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.

We have good players, Cummings,stokes,Bartley,Henderson,McGinn,mcgeouch,
    Fyvie.. It's our defence I worry about the full backs and the keeper are too soft IMHO

I think we've just run out of steam. We might get through the play offs but I wouldn't put any money on it. Much more likely if we lose the semi.

Anyway, what's the injury situation? Any latest news on Fyvie, McGeouch and especially Hanlon?

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Think we will succeed in the play offs...my guess is we will win the semi and come up short in the final

We'll get past United and probably lose the final.

Play-offs? Recent form suggests a loss. Step up in form and there's every chance.

GGTTH

Fail to get into the play-offs? Our form may be poor, but we are 17 points clear of fifth placed MORTON and have two games in hand on them, with them having eight games left. If we fail to finish fourth we may as well pack it in all together.

FWIW I'm still confident after the break we can come back refreshed, find our early season form again and win the play-offs. I expect that we can beat Dundee United and get to the final of the Scottish Cup, which we will not be expected to win so we have nothing to lose.

All the Hibs teams that have won anything meaningful have had top quality players in the key positions and one or more strong leaders on the park. That applies to the 72, 91, 07 and Red Lex's promotion winning side.

What we have at present is an iffy keeper, pretty weak defence, good bunch of young midfielders, 2 good, misfiring goal scorers and very few natural leaders. Sorry, but just don't see this team as our first SC Winners in 114 years or good enough to battle through the PO cup finals.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope for the best but expect the worst.
    I think you've summed up life as a Hibs fan right there. We've had so much end of season pain since 2012, I've come to expect it. You never know, maybe, just maybe, we'll have something to celebrate this time, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high this time.

I didn't choose an option; I'm feart tae
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Loads of teams have won silverware while not at their best,hopefully we will be next

@hibs.net private member
    Forever an optimist, I'm going for both and I predict it to be a Hibs v The newest team in Scotland final and stokes double.

Also predict Falkirk to come third and get beat in play offs before they meet us.

GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    We will lose to Celtic in the Scottish Cup Final.
    We will get promoted in the play offs unless we finish 3rd in which case we will beat Raith & Falkirk but run out of steam against the premier leagues 2nd bottom team.

Assessing all factors I do believe we will beat Falkirk in the league and finish second after they drop points elsewhere.

If i could be granted one wish I would readily accept another season in the Championship to finally win the Scottish Cup just to get the monkey of our back once and for all.

Coaching Staff
    Our season has all the signs of unravelling, unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    5 undercovers have voted for option number 1

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i'm a happy clapper compared to the 5 that voted not even getting in to play-off's

If the football god said to me "You will defo win one but not the other" in a lucky dip, i'd take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    If the football god said to me "You will defo win one but not the other" in a lucky dip, i'd take it.
    Actually so would I.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    So, we've got a wee break to re-group. We've hit a rocky road, but will the season end on a high or a low?

There's no right or wrong answer! You can be at your "happy clapping" or "bedwetting" best or worst!

Will Cummings put his miss at Raith behind him a score a hat-trick every game? Will Oxley save all penalties in the cup final, to be the hero? Will the Hibs build us up, only to lose the final two games of the season.

There's no right or wrong answer!
    There is a right and wrong answer - we just don't know what it is yet!

Quote Originally Posted by AL-Qaholik View Post
    Went for fail on both counts as, whatever I predict, we inevitably do the bleedin' opposite...
    Let's hope so!

@hibs.net private member
    Can't see how to vote on my phone but I really believe we can do both. Hoping we get The Rangers in the final so Henderson and Stokes can play and what better way to make up for messing up the title challenge than taking revenge on them to finally get our hands on the holy grail.

Have thought all season we would go up via the play offs and though we have had a bad run recently I still think we will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    5 undercovers have voted for option number 1
    Hands up to making an erse of my vote, it should be 4 undercovers , meant to go for number 3 but never read it properly, can i get another go ?

And I thought I was pessimistic!!! Who is voting that we fail to reach the play-offs!?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Why change the habits of a lifetime? We've all been sentenced to a lifetime of misery so bring it on. (no appropriate smiley available from phone)