hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Add Stuart McCall and Owen Coyle. Maybe even Jimmy Calderwood

There are always managers who can be attracted to a club with the resources and potential of Hibs, question is would anyone else have got more from what we already know to be a pretty high quality squad?
    Correct.

I'm not sure about the more out them comment though, it genuinely seems we are dead on our feet at this stage of the season. Which is a massive massive problem. Especially when we are looking at 6 games in these playoffs if we get that far and to get up and a club of our size and resources it's completely not good enough.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Be careful of what you wish for.
    Only really have one wish Kojock, and that promotion this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    He also didn't say it was too big a job at all. His comments were more in relation to the views of the fans expectations.
    The support should expect more than a lot of the stuff Pat brought to the table to be honest. None of us expected debating this on a Sunday after losing to Raith on a Sunday afternoon being six points behind Falkirk who are second in our second year in this division to be honest. If you could turn back time I would keep Fenlon until the following summer but it was AGM Petrie time and the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Of course, but just depends if you like the guy or not what slant you put on it!

Chuck in losing twice in the same season to part time Dumbarton, losing 4 in a row in the Championship.
    Exactly. Throw in Fenlon losing 2-0 to QOTS (third tier at the time) in the first cup game since the Hearts cup final and that is a different slant on things.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    i think we will scrape throught the play offs and get prromoted however if we dont id give stubbs til next christmas
    Thats where i stand too .. He failed to get promotion first time around in difficult circumstances. If he failed this season then id give him one chance next season with the play offs deemed unacceptable. Next season we have to win the league anything else is deemed unacceptable

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Alot of folk saying another year in the championship is unacceptable, but we knew at the start of the season we'd most likely be in the playoffs due to rangers far bigger budget.

I disagree. We had stolen a march on Rangers as we had a years preperation whilst Rangers were building from scratch (same as us a year earlier) .. I expected us to win the league this season or for a fight to the end. As i said earlier Stubbs gets one shot next season if we dont get promotion this season

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    Correct.

I'm not sure about the more out them comment though, it genuinely seems we are dead on our feet at this stage of the season. Which is a massive massive problem. Especially when we are looking at 6 games in these playoffs if we get that far and to get up and a club of our size and resources it's completely not good enough.
    We have played 40 matches this season, the Hun have played 38? Perhaps not as many with the same intensity, but still games of football. Successful teams have lengthy fixture lists, I might be right in saying this can amount to 60+ games in a season.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    0-7 v Malmo in European competition, or 2-6 v the Rangers, 0-3 v Morton in the Championship - each as embarrassing as the other imho.
    In these Fenlon games we were lucky not to have been beaten more heavily. These were grim times, the football was horrendous with Griffiths bailing us out on a weekly basis. I had a right go at Stubbs last week for not changing things in the 2nd half of the final and I'm far from happy but we still have time on our hands this season.

Left by mutual consent!
    We have played 40 matches this season, the Hun have played 38? Perhaps not as many with the same intensity, but still games of football. Successful teams have lengthy fixture lists, I might be right in saying this can amount to 60+ games in a season.
    I agree. There something up that our players are goosed at this stage. Even sitting up at Inverness on weds it was like Ross County, the first match against Calley, Hearts at home and the Morton collapse all over again God knows why they are so unfit.

To be honest Cat there was pitch forks when we lost to Hearts in the cup and rightly so. Hindsight shows its put us back seasons but there was protests and everything that night although we played well and lost by a fluke.
    Hibs were very good for 20 mins that night then sadly folded. I mind a few folk outside the main stand. But he was on his last legs by then and knew he had to go.

The fact he said it himself seems to be completely ignored by some.

Edit... Here is the statement from Pat.

Manager Pat Fenlon has resigned from his post at Hibernian, saying it was "100% my decision".

"It's a difficult decision for me, but it's the right decision," said the 44-year-old, who took over two years ago.

"I think a lot of the negativity is towards me at the moment, so if I take myself out of the firing line it will help everybody else."

Pressure mounted on Fenlon following in the Scottish League Cup.

There was a small fans' protest after Hibs' second Edinburgh derby loss this season but the Irishman insists he had made up his mind to step down following last Saturday's loss to Aberdeen.

"I had no problem with the supporters on Wednesday," he explained. "I felt as bad as them.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 20-03-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Hibs were very good for 20 mins that night then sadly folded. I mind a few folk outside the main stand. But he was on his last legs by then and knew he had to go.

The fact he said it himself seems to be completely ignored by some.
    We went flat when they sucker punched us but up until then we had about 6 amazing chances and worldies from their keeper, who again is 10x better then Oxley. Agree he had to go though, wrong timing with the wrong man though. Butcher was a **** but if he kept us up he would have brought in his own players to play for him what he done with his squad of players there's no doubt we went down.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Can you remind me again like you did before, when you said once our infrastructure is finished, we will be a good side playing in the top flight challenging for Europe.

Once the foundations are built, theres nothing to stop us you said.
    Very good points perhaps I should have added that a capable HC and MT is also required to achieve the targets mentioned above.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Very good points perhaps I should have added that a capable HC and MT is also required to achieve the targets mentioned above.
    Whats an MT ?
    I assume HC is head coach but can't fathom what MT is.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Whats an MT ?
    Mother Teresa.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Whats an MT ?
    Management team

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    In these Fenlon games we were lucky not to have been beaten more heavily. These were grim times, the football was horrendous with Griffiths bailing us out on a weekly basis. I had a right go at Stubbs last week for not changing things in the 2nd half of the final and I'm far from happy but we still have time on our hands this season.
    Morton could have taken 5 off us the other week. I'm not sure why I'm sticking up for Fenlon, it was right that he went, I suppose I just don't get how one manager gets no slack whatsoever for bad results, while another gets off almost scot-free.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Management team
    Oops.

Cheers
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Left by mutual consent!
    Mother Teresa.
    Not sure how good Le Gods maw is at football management but I'm guessing she would be better than Calderwood.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    i think we will scrape throught the play offs and get prromoted however if we dont id give stubbs til next christmas
    if he's reading half the sheite on this thread I wouldn't blame him for packing his bags and leaving. Consider the absolute car crash he inherited.....consider how he has changed the players attitude to one of determination rather than capitulation (a feature of may hibs sides of the past)....consider where STILL are and what we have yet to play for.

Its obvious from his interview post RR that he's as angry at his players as some on here appear to be of him. OK, he hasn't got it right 100% all the time - who does? - and he's still learning. But from his manner, words and body language I think we will see changes. The man is committed to the job - and hibs - and thus far is proving much better than his "illustrious" predecessors.

But hey, lets sack him.......its the Hibs way!

..... jeezo, some on here need a reality check !
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Only really have one wish Kojock, and that promotion this season.
    Likewise, but even if we don't go up I still think he deserves one more crack at it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Likewise, but even if we don't go up I still think he deserves one more crack at it.
    Why? Can the club as a whole afford for us to fail again?

I really fear for someone making a hasty decision to remove Stubbs and replacing him with a Jimmy Calderwood type character in an attempt to get a 'safe pair of hands' in. I'm Hibs for life, which means I want to see a project to develop the whole club five ten years in the future. I think Stubbs can start that process off.

We definitely do NOT want to get rid of Stubbs. Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    if he's reading half the sheite on this thread I wouldn't blame him for packing his bags and leaving. Consider the absolute car crash he inherited.....consider how he has changed the players attitude to one of determination rather than capitulation (a feature of may hibs sides of the past)....consider where STILL are and what we have yet to play for.

Its obvious from his interview post RR that he's as angry at his players as some on here appear to be of him. OK, he hasn't got it right 100% all the time - who does? - and he's still learning. But from his manner, words and body language I think we will see changes. The man is committed to the job - and hibs - and thus far is proving much better than his "illustrious" predecessors.

But hey, lets sack him.......its the Hibs way!

..... jeezo, some on here need a reality check !
    If reading Tom Kite on here is enough to undermine a man of such certainty as Stubbs then he would deserve to depart.

Managers commitment are about as strong as the incentives in front of them. We all accept that Hibs are a stepping stone is a reality for any manager who has a level of success at this club. My guess is that Stubbs would take any suitable post, f it advanced his career and family life, why wouldn't he?
    That comes hand in hand with last knowing that poor results lead to dismissal, it cuts both ways. Stubbs is no more loyal or committed than any other manager. Nice guy, I'm sure and probably a joy for the players, especially the ones he favours.

Why? Can the club as a whole afford for us to fail again?
    I would say yes given the income from the cup runs, but then again I'm no financial expert.

I would say yes given the income from the cup runs, but then again I'm no financial expert.

There is way more to failure than money.

If reading Tom Kite on here is enough to undermine a man of such certainty as Stubbs then he would deserve to depart.

Managers commitment are about as strong as the incentives in front of them. We all accept that Hibs are a stepping stone is a reality for any manager who has a level of success at this club. My guess is that Stubbs would take any suitable post, f it advanced his career and family life, why wouldn't he?
    That comes hand in hand with last knowing that poor results lead to dismissal, it cuts both ways. Stubbs is no more loyal or committed than any other manager. Nice guy, I'm sure and probably a joy for the players, especially the ones he favours.
    I like what you say but I can't help thinking Stubbs would stay on if we failed to gain promotion. It's just a feeling.

I heard Pat Nevin talking nonsense before the final about AS being a target for Everton. There is absolutely no chance of his getting that job right now whatever happens at Hibs.

He would be more likely to be heading for a sleeping giant at the foot of the English Championship.

The nightmare scene would be his going to Celtic to replace Deila.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Morton could have taken 5 off us the other week. I'm not sure why I'm sticking up for Fenlon, it was right that he went, I suppose I just don't get how one manager gets no slack whatsoever for bad results, while another gets off almost scot-free.
    He's getting slaughtered!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    He's getting slaughtered!
    Not really.

Questions being asked, frustrations being vented. The vast majority of criticism is within the remits of acceptable reality. Pretty much to be expected. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that Stubbs has just enough goodwill in the bank left to stop the criticism getting too vitriolic. Compared to the volleys aimed at the last four incumbents, including Yogi, I'd say it's all within th boundaries of decency.

There is way more to failure than money.
    Like what ??