Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Come on the Boca.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on the Boca.
    Schelotto out!
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Schelotto out!

I will pretend i know who he is.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapes99 View Post
    No need to repeat yourself.

I wasn't at the game last night but he's been ok in the last few games I've been to. Admittedly, he's not a "good" goalkeeper, but who would you swap him for in the championship?
    He's not been "ok" at all. What's he done that was "ok"? Falkirk goalie and Rangers goalie to begin with. Every single one in the top league too. Off subject anyway so I'm done here. He's pish and breeds no confidence in the side.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Anyone thinking that another season in this league is in any way acceptable is clearly delusional. The financial implications should make you shudder. IMO season tickets sales would plummet, maybe to half of what we have now? I reckon another season of this turgid league would also hasten the departure of any player with ambition and a bit of savvy. If Dundee Utd come down then we will most likely face a club with some significant level of investment and a manager who appears to have them on the right track.

My question is this, what has this seasons roller coaster done to offer any real confidence that Stubbs has the acumen to take this team up? For every positive there is a negative. Even with all the factors like additional games, tactical inflexibility, too much loyalty to out of form players etc, we surely have enough quality and depth of squad to despatch the teams who have beaten us in recent weeks?

Ask yourself is someone like Stuart McCall or Billy Davies would have got more from the same group, I cannae help thinking they would have.

Failure is not an option for Stubbs and for Hibs, promotion or bust.

What a ****ing farce this has become, absolutely bewildering.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    He's not been "ok" at all. What's he done that was "ok"? Falkirk goalie and Rangers goalie to begin with. Every single one in the top league too. Off subject anyway so I'm done here. He's pish and breeds no confidence in the side.
    I thought he was ok in the cup final, first caley match and the derby replay, ok as in performance wise. You clearly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    Im well peed off with this run and reading this MB makes it worse. It genuinely seems some posters seem to take a perverse pleasure in turning the knife. Casting up when others have got behind a manager for some snide comments and one upmanship.
    **** knows what type of thrill they get from it.

I'm with you brother. GGTTH

Alot of folk saying another year in the championship is unacceptable, but we knew at the start of the season we'd most likely be in the playoffs due to rangers far bigger budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Alot of folk saying another year in the championship is unacceptable, but we knew at the start of the season we'd most likely be in the playoffs due to rangers far bigger budget.
    I think most expected us to be a bit closer to them than we were Hearts last season and to be a clear 2nd. To, as it stands, show no improvement in terms of points gained or goals scored is the disappointing part.

If we sort ourselves out and lose out in the play off final Stubbs will likely retain enough support to get another go. If we finish lower than 2nd and don't make that final there will be serious questions asked.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    Im well peed off with this run and reading this MB makes it worse. It genuinely seems some posters seem to take a perverse pleasure in turning the knife. Casting up when others have got behind a manager for some snide comments and one upmanship.
    **** knows what type of thrill they get from it.
    That's an excellent point and it works for both sides of the argument .
    It get boring rather quickly when the same folk say the same thing over and over and over again.

Everyone has opinions on this and rightly so.

I think some people (including me) sat through the Butcher collapse and don't have that same patience this time.

No matter what anyone thinks of Stubbs , we are not in a good position and we are going to have no momentum going into the run in.

Sad state of affairs
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Mmm, size of budget isn't everything. Just ask Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, QoS etc, etc.

I think the minimum expectation was that we would push the Hun all the way.

I would also add that I'm not seeing much evidence for people pleasuring themselves over the results. I think we all love the Hibs in our own way and that patience has been stretched too far in recent weeks. Blind faith is not that clever either. It's a fans message board, what else would you reasonable expect in the circumstances?
    Last edited by superfurryhibby; 20-03-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Mmm, size of budget isn't everything. Just ask Dumbarton, Raith Rovers, QoS etc, etc.

I think the minimum expectation was that we would push the Hun all the way.

I would also add that I'm not seeing much evidence for people pleasuring themselves over the results. I think we all love the Hibs in our own way and that patience has been stretched too far in recent weeks. Blind faith is not that clever either. It's a fans message board, what else would you reasonable expect in the circumstances?
    It's not really blind faith though is it? We've seen enough really good performances against top league sides in the cup to see we have a cracking squad who can play.Have'nt a clue whats happened in the last bunch of league games but we need to change something.Formation?

Quote Originally Posted by Tapes99 View Post
    No need to repeat yourself.

I wasn't at the game last night but he's been ok in the last few games I've been to. Admittedly, he's not a "good" goalkeeper, but who would you swap him for in the championship?
    The answer to that question is never!! I've been saying the laddie is not good enough since the Dumbarton game last season and I believe the defence has lost confidence because of him.

We are in freefall in the league in terms of results.
    This is unacceptable at any time of the season, but at the business end we should be in overdrive and putting teams away who are at best mediocre and who in some cases have nothing to fight for.
    This said, I am a Stubbs man and supporter, and at this moment in time I feel I have no choice but to trust in him getting it right on the pitch.
    He knows he is up against it now and he knows that his ratings have plummeted in some quarters, especially among our support.
    The pressure on him has increased ten fold this past month.
    I will reserve judgment until the dust has settled on this roller-coaster of a season.
    Right now, he could still be an immortal Hibs manager.
    Last edited by Hi Heid Yin; 20-03-2016 at 02:41 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    Do you think that stubbs football is no improvement on Butchers? When is the last time we got to 2 semi-finals? How many players signed would you not have? There has been a big improvement imho. But I agree our recent form is worrying and even before that we were winning by one goal.
    Pat Fenlon got to two Scottish Cup finals, once he took us clear of relegation where Calderwood left us, we were generally top six until we had a couple of refereeing decisions that seen us ending up 7th.

We were fifth in top league when he was forced to resign.

Can anyone talk me through what Stubbs has achieved that makes him so different that such talk is ridiculous?

Losing 4 in a row in the championship, sitting in 3rd. Never been top in 2 years. Fenlon even had us top of the SPL at one point.

I wouldn't sack him right now but I don't get why it would be crazy for people to suggest such a thing.

It's not really blind faith though is it? We've seen enough really good performances against top league sides in the cup to see we have a cracking squad who can play.Have'nt a clue whats happened in the last bunch of league games but we need to change something.Formation?
    The ability to beat the SPL teams is the redeeming factor and that's what makes it all the more frustrating for people. My blind faith comment was more aimed at folk who struggle to tolerate debate or criticism and not you Waxy.

Budget is linked to the size of our club and it's fair to say that we've probably always spent more than most of our competitors when in the SPL, that hasn't stopped us being largely ***** under previous manager in the time since Collins bolted and regularly out performed by sides who have way less than us. Whilst I thought the HUn would improve, I was also rather pleased that they didn't appoint McCall to the post. However Warburton has done everything required of him and has shown himself to have been the right man for the,.

To be a fly on the wall at the CEO debrief with Stubbs right now. Surely they must talk about results and responses to them? What can Stubbs reasonably say in defence of what is happening and how does he explain the recent debacle? I wonder if he would recognise that the issues we have highlighted on here contribute or is he so utterly convinced that there can be no deviation from his chosen way?

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Pat Fenlon got to two Scottish Cup finals, once he took us clear of relegation where Calderwood left us, we were generally top six until we had a couple of refereeing decisions that seen us ending up 7th.

Can anyone talk me through what Stubbs has achieved that makes him so different that such talk is ridiculous?

Losing 4 in a row in the championship, sitting in 3rd. Never been top in 2 years. Fenlon even had us top of the SPL at one point.

I wouldn't sack him right now but I don't get why it would be crazy for people to suggest such a thing.
    If a vacancy for HC and MT should arise who would we be able to attract to come to Hibs?

He wasn't forced to do anything. His choice after saying its to big a job. There was no pitch forks Andy and anyone who watched us the ones that were still coming (not many) were seeing the worst brand of football at ER in a while.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

The football being played under Fenlon was enough to make you greet. 0-7 v Malmo? 1-5? He made some of the worst signings of any Hibs manager and I was delighted the day he left.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    If a vacancy for HC and MT should arise who would we be able to attract to come to Hibs?
    Loads of people. Hibs is a great club and a great job for whoever gets it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Left by mutual consent!
    Billy Davies
    Malky McKay
    Tommy Wright
    Steve Lomas
    Jim McIntyre
    GJP

There will be plenty, plenty other managers out of work down South with ambitions to take us back to the top table.

I'm not saying for one minute sack Stubbs now because the team do play for him but there is alternatives big time.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Loads of people. Hibs is a great club and a great job for whoever gets it.
    Can you name any of these people

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    The football being played under Fenlon was enough to make you greet. 0-7 v Malmo? 1-5? He made some of the worst signings of any Hibs manager and I was delighted the day he left.
    0-7 v Malmo in European competition, or 2-6 v the Rangers, 0-3 v Morton in the Championship - each as embarrassing as the other imho.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I think they will already have names.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He wasn't forced to do anything. His choice after saying its to big a job. There was no pitch forks Andy and anyone who watched us the ones that were still coming (not many) were seeing the worst brand of football at ER in a while.
    To be honest Cat there was pitch forks when we lost to Hearts in the cup and rightly so. Hindsight shows its put us back seasons but there was protests and everything that night although we played well and lost by a fluke.

Can you remind me again like you did before, when you said once our infrastructure is finished, we will be a good side playing in the top flight challenging for Europe.

Once the foundations are built, theres nothing to stop us you said.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    If we dont go up, then his time is up.
    Be careful of what you wish for.

Billy Davies
    Malky McKay
    Tommy Wright
    Steve Lomas
    Jim McIntyre
    GJP

There will be plenty, plenty other managers out of work down South with ambitions to take us back to the top table.

I'm not saying for one minute sack Stubbs now because the team do play for him but there is alternatives big time.

Add Stuart McCall and Owen Coyle. Maybe even Jimmy Calderwood

There are always managers who can be attracted to a club with the resources and potential of Hibs, question is would anyone else have got more from what we already know to be a pretty high quality squad?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    0-7 v Malmo in European competition, or 2-6 v the Rangers, 0-3 v Morton in the Championship - each as embarrassing as the other imho.
    Of course, but just depends if you like the guy or not what slant you put on it!

Chuck in losing twice in the same season to part time Dumbarton, losing 4 in a row in the Championship.

Coaching Staff
    To be honest Cat there was pitch forks when we lost to Hearts in the cup and rightly so. Hindsight shows its put us back seasons but there was protests and everything that night although we played well and lost by a fluke.
    He also didn't say it was too big a job at all. His comments were more in relation to the views of the fans expectations.