hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I found interesting was his reaction after the miss or more his reactions. The laddie couldn't decide how to react. I get the feeling he's got more on his mind than just fitba and maybe a wee time out from the first team is what's best to get his head together.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    A simple tap in missed with an attempt to hit the roof of the net will be a lesson seared into his consciousness. A bench sit next game should help direct him to score for the result rather than the spectacle.
    I thought at the time that Jason was thinking more about his goal celebration than doing his job.
    He is a young lad with his head full of nonsense, but he is talented and will have a great future when he matures.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Should never have let King Dom go, he'd never miss a chance like that. Especially away to Livingston, no chance. Never.

There's an article on the BBC website showing this miss - our players are now being mocked by the BBC. How far we have fallen. We need to get back into the SPL and raise our status again.

What I found interesting was his reaction after the miss or more his reactions. The laddie couldn't decide how to react. I get the feeling he's got more on his mind than just fitba and maybe a wee time out from the first team is what's best to get his head together.
    Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    I thought at the time that Jason was thinking more about his goal celebration than doing his job.
    He is a young lad with his head full of nonsense, but he is talented and will have a great future when he matures.
    On reflection, I think people are looking too much into his reactions.

He might come across as slightly detached and self absorbed but I think he's just an artist who is doing what comes naturally. That was the reaction of such an individual and I think this will hit him harder than your run of the mill, mechanical striker. I'm not sure he's even capable of planning what he's having for his tea.

His reaction will probably be spectacular when it comes, and it definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    There's an article on the BBC website showing this miss - our players are now being mocked by the BBC. How far we have fallen. We need to get back into the SPL and raise our status again.
    It's ok. We haven't been relegated even further because the bbc have shown a miss by one of our players.

Calm down pet.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Surprised nobody has made the point if he had any confidence in his right foot it was even more of a tap in and would have been a goal, maybe some practice in training this week with his right.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Surprised nobody has made the point if he had any confidence in his right foot it was even more of a tap in and would have been a goal, maybe some practice in training this week with his right.
    It shouldn't have mattered what part of his body he hit it with tbf

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbc70 View Post
    Nah, I'd say it would always be easier to let the ball come across your body and hit it with your good foot, than stick out your swinger and try to deflect it in.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Nah, I'd say it would always be easier to let the ball come across your body and hit it with your good foot, than stick out your swinger and try to deflect it in.
    Ball floats in from the left wing, you hook it in with your left foot.
    Ball floats in from the right wing, you hook it in with your right foot.
    ENDOF

Anyone remember that miss by a Rangers player? Van vossen think it was. That was much worse than Jasons.

Left by mutual consent!
    The international break will do him good. Change of scenery etc.
    Horrendous miss though. He's got the character to come out the other side of this form, no doubt about it.

Horrible, horrible miss but at least he was at the back post. He needs to find his mojo.

He won't get the switch to ibrox that he craves( according to ibrox noise) with misses like that

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    Anyone remember that miss by a Rangers player? Van vossen think it was. That was much worse than Jasons.
    His miss against Celtic was in a match they were already winning and no, it wasn't as bad a miss.

Quote Originally Posted by SJM View Post
    His miss against Celtic was in a match they were already winning and no, it wasn't as bad a miss.
    ooOOOoooooo

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Who takes his place, Keetings , Dagnall, Boyle? Not exactly a lethal strike force. Keetings has one goal in umpteen games, Dagnall has had loads of chances to open his account and missed them all and Boyle was as poor as anybody yesterday.
    Alagui with stokes playing off him would be the obvious option.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

A bad miss but feel for him after seeing his expression on tv. Clearly has upset him and he needs support to regain his confidence. Nothing wrong with having him on the bench and getting others like farid a start

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    A bad miss but feel for him after seeing his expression on tv. Clearly has upset him and he needs support to regain his confidence. Nothing wrong with having him on the bench and getting others like farid a start
    He needs to learn to use his right foot!!

It was a bad miss, it really is. 999 out of 1000 times its a goal. Sadly this miss sums up everything hibs at the moment.

Also the bounce slows it down and raises the ball about a foot higher, I'm clutching at straws here but maybe that wee bit extra time just throws him off.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    He needs to learn to use his right foot!!
    All our 'lefties' do in my opinion - Lewis is extremely poor on his right, as is Jason. One positive thing from the youth academies is youngsters are now encouraged to work on weaker foot technique.

I also despair at our strikers and midfielders unwillingness to take shots on or strike first time - practice practice practice !!

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    It's a loss of form. It happens to much more experienced players than JC. Misses like that do too. Cummings has plenty of credit in the bank for me, but this is a crucial moment for him and he needs to get his head together asap. I hope he does.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    All our 'lefties' do in my opinion - Lewis is extremely poor on his right, as is Jason. One positive thing from the youth academies is youngsters are now encouraged to work on weaker foot technique.

I also despair at our strikers and midfielders unwillingness to take shots on or strike first time - practice practice practice !!
    To be fair, I think Paul Hanlon has a fairly under-rated right foot.

He never seems to struggle on his weaker side and has played very well on the right side of a CH pairing on many occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    To be fair, I think Paul Hanlon has a fairly under-rated right foot.

He never seems to struggle on his weaker side and has played very well on the right side of a CH pairing on many occasions.
    Yes. He scored with his right foot at tynecastle.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If he's smart he'll sign the contract extension that he's been offered.

In a couple of years time we can all blame Stubbs for the length of deal that he's on.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I don't get those who think it's harsh to drop him to the bench. Professional football is a dog eat dog world and if he can't use being dropped after a dip in form to knuckle down and fight for his place in the team then maybe he's not cut out for the job. Besides what message would that send to those pushing for a place in the team?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz1875 View Post
    Missed some easy looking chances this season, his goals have blinded people to them. Now he couldn't buy a goal they are standing out big time.
    Well it is now we should be giving him every encouragement to help get back to form for the run in and vital games ahead. GGTTH

I don't get those who think it's harsh to drop him to the bench. Professional football is a dog eat dog world and if he can't use being dropped after a dip in form to knuckle down and fight for his place in the team then maybe he's not cut out for the job. Besides what message would that send to those pushing for a place in the team?

So not only does he get blamed for missing a sitter he gets blamed for not being prepared to fight for his place after a non existent dropping?

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    So not only does he get blamed for missing a sitter he gets blamed for not being prepared to fight for his place after a non existent dropping?
    Brilliant post
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn