Quote Originally Posted by leggeto View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He will get over it,it come off his shin

No it never.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Cummings hasn't scored a goal since February 16th.

Shouldn't be in the team with form like that.

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think he's a headless chicken who's somehow managed to score a lot of goals, but doesn't look like he will score another. I agree he should have a few games in the development squad, perhaps that might get his confidence back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    What I found interesting was his reaction after the miss or more his reactions. The laddie couldn't decide how to react. I get the feeling he's got more on his mind than just fitba and maybe a wee time out from the first team is what's best to get his head together.
    Funny, I wis thinking at the time his concentration had completely deserted him. Maybe for some folks fitba' delays puberty 'till 21 years old. All that play acting and foolin around suddenly looks super-uncool, and identity crises start kicking in

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    A simple tap in missed with an attempt to hit the roof of the net will be a lesson seared into his consciousness. A bench sit next game should help direct him to score for the result rather than the spectacle.

I'd stick with him.

First Team Breakthrough HibeeHendo's Avatar
    Seen him on George street last night. Absolutely not against players going out to enjoy themselves win or lose but I wouldn't want to show my face for a wee while after that miss.

Spectacular sitter.

He is clearly put of sorts no question .
    He hasn't signed his new contract and Stubbs went public highlighting how good a deal it was and hinting he was hopeful Jason would sign it but he hasn't and assume he isn't going to now
    Stokes signing has this unsettled him as he isn't the no 1 Striker ?
    Missing Malonga Who knows but playing him week in week out ,expecting him to hit form again ,isn't currently working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    It was a bad miss but every week someone is getting singled out. What happened to winning and losing as a team?

Most sensible post this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    A simple tap in missed with an attempt to hit the roof of the net will be a lesson seared into his consciousness. A bench sit next game should help direct him to score for the result rather than the spectacle.
    You can bet all his suitors down South will get a copy of the vid too. Not a great time of the season to lose your form when pressed to sign a new deal or looking for a big money move.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Shouldn't be in the team with form like that.
    Who takes his place, Keetings , Dagnall, Boyle? Not exactly a lethal strike force. Keetings has one goal in umpteen games, Dagnall has had loads of chances to open his account and missed them all and Boyle was as poor as anybody yesterday.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    Who takes his place, Keetings , Dagnall, Boyle? Not exactly a lethal strike force. Keetings has one goal in umpteen games, Dagnall has had loads of chances to open his account and missed them all and Boyle was as poor as anybody yesterday.
    Dagnall or Farid. Last time Dagnall started we won 3-0 and Farid has been a right handful recently too. Both would compliment Stokes. Who looks to be hitting some form.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    That miss will be on xmas f ootball bloopers dvd. Do people still think cummings is good player? He's getting worse every week imo.
    Of course he is a good player he is young an under 21 regular and has scored loads of goals for Hibs plus scoring for fun against Hearts. You do appear to have a soft spot for Hearts but surely he hasn't annoyed you that much by scoring against them every game. Were you hit on the head by a muffin a while back.

That miss will be on xmas football bloopers dvd. Do people still think cummings is good player? He's getting worse every week imo.
    Do I think he's a good player? Absolutely yes.

I also think you're either a Jambo or a weird troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Do I think he's a good player? Absolutely yes.

I also think you're either a Jambo or a weird troll.
    Possibly both

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    What I found interesting was his reaction after the miss or more his reactions. The laddie couldn't decide how to react. I get the feeling he's got more on his mind than just fitba and maybe a wee time out from the first team is what's best to get his head together.
    How's that going to help Hibs? Remember Hibs pay his wages - why should we have players who need time out to get their head together - just when they're needed. He's just back from a trip to Spain, a cup final, a Derby victory, he's got a SC semi final to come - when's it ever going to get better for him? Life is tough for everyone, but he needs to get over it and start contributing I'm afraid.

Funny game being a striker.Cummings makes a good connection and somehow hits the bar-this afternoon Hemmings hits the ball with his right foot and manages to hit his own left foot and the ball trundles away from the goalie and in.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Funny game being a striker.Cummings makes a good connection and somehow hits the bar-this afternoon Hemmings hits the ball with his right foot and manages to hit his own left foot and the ball trundles away from the goalie and in.
    Stop being rational 😉. Hes went from a young guy guaranteed 20 goals a season and the hammer of hearts to a headless chicken whos getting worse every week.
    The laddies having a bad spell but probably needs a goal like Hemmings to kick start him again. Every confidence in the laddie coming through this and getting plenty more important goals this season.

Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    Stop being rational . Hes went from a young guy guaranteed 20 goals a season and the hammer of hearts to a headless chicken whos getting worse every week.
    The laddies having a bad spell but probably needs a goal like Hemmings to kick start him again. Every confidence in the laddie coming through this and getting plenty more important goals this season.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skipster7 View Post
    Stop being rational 😉. Hes went from a young guy guaranteed 20 goals a season and the hammer of hearts to a headless chicken whos getting worse every week.
    He is the hammer of Hearts, too many fans have short memories
    He's our "John Robertson"

No it never.
    Aye it did

His form just mirrors what has happened to the whole team.

A seat on the bench for a few weeks will do him good. His goals had carried us this season up until we hit this shocking be run. He'll start scoring again, but does need a wee spell out the team.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    His form just mirrors what has happened to the whole team.

A seat on the bench for a few weeks will do him good. His goals had carried us this season up until we hit this shocking be run. He'll start scoring again, but does need a wee spell out the team.
    I dont think he should be dropped,it was a bad miss but he needs a chance to redeem himself, if we were 3-0 up at the time it would all be forgotten about

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    I don't like his miss, but I like the vast part of his game for us since he entered. He is still a young lad with oodles of possibilities and I think we are lucky to have him. We expect so much in this world where we see example les of the very best sportsmen in all sports every day on TV.

Come on Jason, rise above with genius.

Ibrahimovic has just missed a worse one for PSG there two yards out and he has put it over the bar so it can happen to the very best

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: shamo9
    He's overcome serious injury and missing the crucial penalty that got his team relegated. He may be young but he's tough as nails and I expect to see him rise to the occasion by the time the play offs come around. A spell on the bench for now will do him no harm. He was dropped after the shambles at Dumbarton in the first league game and responded, he'll do so again

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by shamo9 View Post
    He's overcome serious injury and missing the crucial penalty that got his team relegated. He may be young but he's tough as nails and I expect to see him rise to the occasion by the time the play offs come around. A spell on the bench for now will do him no harm. He was dropped after the shambles at Dumbarton in the first league game and responded, he'll do so again
    Cummings is an up and coming young player who is still developing.

History has shown that young players WILL have periods of inconsistency and most managers agree that from time to time it is in their interests to bench them and give them a chance to turn the pressure valve off.

I think Jason would benefit from having less pressure on him just now, instead of more being heaped upon him.

We need him at top form for the play offs ...whatever position we start in them, and a couple of weeks on the bench in our next couple of games may help him recharge.

I dont think he should be dropped,it was a bad miss but he needs a chance to redeem himself, if we were 3-0 up at the time it would all be forgotten about
    I don't think he needs dropped on the basis of that miss. More so that his performances have been poor for a number of weeks now.

You just need to see his reaction after that miss and the way he was sitting on the bench. I think taking the pressure off him for a couple of weeks would do him good.

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Aye it did
    Having watched it several times, it most certainly came off his shin.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStokeprano View Post
    Spot on mate, thought he should be given 5 or 10 minutes redeem himself instead of being hooked off with that being his last contribution.
    I don't. I had a look at him being interviewed last week after the Final. this was with the young Irish guy InterviewLol , if I am correct. he spoke to a fair few Hibs players who were all gutted. he also spoke to J Cummings and I'm sure the camera caught him more than once but when I watched and listened, I did not feel the vibes! Cummings did not seem to be a guy saying I totally feel sorry for the fans, my teammates my management and on that note I will be even more determined to drive us on to better things in the league and ensure that we are there or thereabouts at the death , along with at least a cup final, mark my words! , nope, it didnae come across as that. In fact I felt he was just condescending, and blank.

Left by mutual consent!
    That is the worse miss I have ever seen in professional football. He looked mortified and no wonder but I wouldn't have hooked him straight away.