hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Scott Martin

Scott Martin

Anyone know if the young lad is still progressing well at forfar?

Looking forward to getting him back next season and kicking on.

Think he could be a good like for like with mcgeouch saying as he is injured most the time

2. Log in to remove the advert

Would have been nice if we didn't extend his loan. An extra midfield body would have been good at this point. Also think the lads going to be a player.

Seems to play every game for them which is a good sign. I liked the look of him at the start of the season.

I saw him play for Forfar against Airdrie back in November and he had a really good game. If memory serves me correct he scored two.

Big difference between leagues but regular football will do him good. And Forfar and their fans are really keen on him

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I heard they have been playing him As a number 10 behind the striker and he has been very good for them

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard they have been playing him As a number 10 behind the striker and he has been very good for them
    That was sort of the position he played that day. I would say he didn't start off in that position but looked likely going forward and was keen to have a positive impact in the final third. And when he scored he looked a threat thereafter

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    That was sort of the position he played that day. I would say he didn't start off in that position but looked likely going forward and was keen to have a positive impact in the final third. And when he scored he looked a threat thereafter
    He picked up some nice positions in opposition penalty areas when playing for us, his first goal for us being an example. Hop

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    He is still getting a regular game which is good seeing as Forfar have gone through a change of manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I saw him play against Dunfermline on Boxing Day and that looked like the position he was playing that day. I was surprised to see him so far forward.

I was impressed - energetic performance, good running with the ball. He also put in a quite horrendously late challenge that was lucky to just be a yellow card.

He was easily Forfar's best player on the day although that wouldn't have been difficult.

The conditions were horrendous but he seemed up for the game and really put himself about.

There was an air of a young Scott Brown about him tbh.