hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oxley has had some serious blunders in a Hibs' strip, never once heard him apologise, not once!!

Not my favourite goalie as you will no doubt grasp, not blaming him for the goals on Sunday but amazed hat nobody has raised how useless he was at both.
    Bartley bursts a gut to catch ad tackle the RC player - Oxley left him no margin for error the way he coms out (watch it again) and second goal (this time Fontaine bursting a gut to reach the ball) could Oxley not make an effort to reach the cross and help his defender?

One he should have stayed or held off to see outcome of defender' tackle and next one he stays when he could reasonably be expected to come out, bad decisions from a poor goalkeeper.

He should not be ignored when looking at who could have done better.
    Absolutely clueless nonesense

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Can the day trippers please piss off now?

We're a championship team and we got beat narrowly, due to horrible individual errors, by a team doing rather well in the premier league.

That's life, that's football. On another day we win 1-0. You can't take out the final failings of previous hibs teams on this one. They actually do care.

Christ, let's just chuck the towel in now.
    Wow far too much sense spoken there mate

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    ridiculous post, nobody has to apologise for anything, i can completely understand why fonts done this as it would be sitting on his conscience but there is no point questioning other players to apologise when it isn't necessary. Always seems to be the same with some folk when we get beat that someone has to be blamed for it.

We should be focusing our energy on the games ahead of us and getting the right results, not games that have gone by as there is **** all that can be done about that now. The team need us backing them 110% as its going to be a tough couple of months GGTTH

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Pretty sure Oxley has apologised on twitter previously.
    He has after the Falkirk game at Easter Road, a game where he actually made an error rather than an imagined one

He's trolling, he's been on other threads so he's clearly wanting to have a pop for no reason. No a peep from him on this funnily enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He's trolling, he's been on other threads so he's clearly wanting to have a pop for no reason. No a peep from him on this funnily enough.
    maybe off to rent a plane....

Launch the thread.

No need for a public apology from any of the players in my opinion. Tbh I think that Oxley is honking and was blaming him when I left the stadium, but after watching it back on telly there ain't much he could have done. The man should have been shut down quicker to stop as easy a cross into our 6 yard box.

However, I do think that Oxley needs to man up and start coming out and taking balls out the air. Thought we were very fortunate that the goal was disallowed earlier in the half.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Gav View Post
    maybe off to rent a plane....
    😂😂

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Oxley has had some serious blunders in a Hibs' strip, never once heard him apologise, not once!!

Not my favourite goalie as you will no doubt grasp, not blaming him for the goals on Sunday but amazed hat nobody has raised how useless he was at both.
    Bartley bursts a gut to catch ad tackle the RC player - Oxley left him no margin for error the way he coms out (watch it again) and second goal (this time Fontaine bursting a gut to reach the ball) could Oxley not make an effort to reach the cross and help his defender?

One he should have stayed or held off to see outcome of defender' tackle and next one he stays when he could reasonably be expected to come out, bad decisions from a poor goalkeeper.

You should be apologising for this pathetic post. If you think Oxley could do anything more for either goal you should give up watching football.

I don't agree with the OP on several points but I also don't blame him for not responding to the volley of abuse that came his/her way.
    Far too many on this board respond to a post they disagree with, not with reasoned argument but with abuse and accusations of trolling.
    Look in the mirror.
    I disagree with him asking Oxley to apologize. I see no need for any player (including Thomson and Fontaine) to apologize for a mistake. We can safely assume that they did not intend to make them. They gave it all they had.

This should not stop us from identifying mistakes where they are made and asking whether they result from a weakness in their game.
    In my opinion, Oxley's decision-making in the first goal was flawed but obviously Thomson's mistake was the primary reason the goal was scored. I accept that he expected Fontaine to get the cross for the second, which was reasonable.

Oxley's decision-making in when to come out and when to stick does not inspire confidence,

Quote Originally Posted by MinceAndTatties View Post
    I don't agree with the OP on several points but I also don't blame him for not responding to the volley of abuse that came his/her way.
    Far too many on this board respond to a post they disagree with, not with reasoned argument but with abuse and accusations of trolling.
    Look in the mirror.
    I disagree with him asking Oxley to apologize. I see no need for any player (including Thomson and Fontaine) to apologize for a mistake. We can safely assume that they did not intend to make them. They gave it all they had.

This should not stop us from identifying mistakes where they are made and asking whether they result from a weakness in their game.
    In my opinion, Oxley's decision-making in the first goal was flawed but obviously Thomson's mistake was the primary reason the goal was scored. I accept that he expected Fontaine to get the cross for the second, which was reasonable.

Oxley's decision-making in when to come out and when to stick does not inspire confidence,
    Did you read his post?

Calling him useless for both goals!! You having a laugh? Have a go if it's deserved but Ox done nothing wrong. That's why he/she is getting it tight. He's simply made up something because it's clear as day the keeper could do nothing.

He may have his faults and folk can say what they like, but making **** up sorry but they can **** right off with that crap.

Wow to make such a clueless post can only mean one of two things .You are either totally clueless or you are a yam.Pretty much adds up to the same thing in my book.

Left by mutual consent!

Not a massive Oxley fan but he apologised on Twitter once.

Quote Originally Posted by MinceAndTatties View Post
    Look in the mirror.

Just mince for me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    #oxleymoron ffs
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    #oxleymoron ffs
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Perhaps you should be apologising for such a dumb post?

Why not blame him for not scoring equaliser at the end, when he came up for corner, as well !!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Why not blame him for not scoring equaliser at the end, when he came up for corner, as well !!!
    Funny, I did think of Hibs net when he did - and the thread if he'd scored mate 😀

No apologies please. Just concentrate on the pitch, chaps, and stick your sorries in a sack!

Left by mutual consent!
    Enough of this nonsense. Oxley was not at fault for either goal. Ross County capitalised on midfield and defensive mistakes for both their goals but in no way can the keeper be blamed. To say he was lucky to 'get away' with the disallowed goal is nonsense too. You can clearly see from the replay that the County player is climbing on him.

In my humble view Oxley is a decent keeper who has turned in far more solid displays than he has poor ones. That's about as much as you can expect from a keeper, especially in the second tier of Scottish football. He had, as far as I'm aware, played little if any first team football before joining us so could still be said to be learning his trade in what is the most thankless position on the pitch. We were spoiled as Hibs fans by having Alan Rough, Andy Goram and Jim Leighton in our ranks but even they were prone to mistakes (with perhaps the exception of Goram who I rate as the best I've ever seen). Subsequently we've had some genuine duds which has given the club something of a reputation for 'dodgy keepers' but Oxley is not one of them.

Left by mutual consent!
    Oxley is not why we lost on Sunday or why we are so far behind Rangers and fighting with Falkirk. It's up the other end of the pitch that needs sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Enough of this nonsense. Oxley was not at fault for either goal. Ross County capitalised on midfield and defensive mistakes for both their goals but in no way can the keeper be blamed. To say he was lucky to 'get away' with the disallowed goal is nonsense too. You can clearly see from the replay that the County player is climbing on him.

In my humble view Oxley is a decent keeper who has turned in far more solid displays than he has poor ones. That's about as much as you can expect from a keeper, especially in the second tier of Scottish football. He had, as far as I'm aware, played little if any first team football before joining us so could still be said to be learning his trade in what is the most thankless position on the pitch. We were spoiled as Hibs fans by having Alan Rough, Andy Goram and Jim Leighton in our ranks but even they were prone to mistakes (with perhaps the exception of Goram who I rate as the best I've ever seen). Subsequently we've had some genuine duds which has given the club something of a reputation for 'dodgy keepers' but Oxley is not one of them.
    100% spot on

First Team Regular

In the same sentence, you say you don't blame him for either of the goals then go on to say how useless he was for both?

Absolute drivel.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    I'm not Oxley's biggest fan, but the OP is talking utter rubbish. No way he could have came for the cross, it was whipped in brilliantly. He also pulled of a good save from a Ross County free kick - getting a good strong hand to it. Thought he got lucky at the disallowed goal, but you see that with most goalkeepers and referees tend to protect them. Like the rest of the team, Oxley has nothing to apologise for after the final display. They all gave their all, and you could see they were hurting after it.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Oxley is our poorest player, but I don't want any player apologising. We win as a team and lose as a team. Everyone of them give there all. Sometimes it's not good enough and we don't win. But this season has had so many highs. If 66% of the Hampden support turned up every week Hibs would have double the cash for players. So does the OP expect all the occasional fans to apologise for not supporting the team more frequently? Of course not, but ffs to post that a player should apologise is wrong

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Sniff
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Ltyf

The OP is a private member, very unlikely to be a Hearts fans. If they are then then admins have let a big fish through the net but I doubt any Hearts fan would come on here and pay a yearly subscription just to do some wind ups. My guess is the OP is just another disgruntled Hibby who has a different opinion from most on here and it's not popular.