hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyHanlon View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is this seriously being debated? FFS. Sitting down is awful, up and down every few minutes. Kills atmosphere as well. Maybe if some of the day trippers got off their erse and actually bothered coming to Easter Road then they'd see that standing works brilliantly in Section 43. Cannae do the lead up to Carnival De Paris sitting on yer erse. Nae wonder the atmosphere is honkin in some parts of the stadium. Sit down with their arms folded making sure the tartan rug is tucked in properly.
    I've done all that standing pish over the years but glad to get a seat now. So you like standing which is fine but no need to take the mickey out of fans who prefer siting with there tartan rugs

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member andy1875's Avatar
    Standing or sitting really depends on the circumstances imo.

I have stood at games before at Hampden, when you are surrounded by other lads or lassies your size who can all see the game then theres no problem.

If you are at a game and there are families around you, particularly with young kids then you have to sit down, only to be fair to allow everyone to see. Its common sense and just being generally decent to allow young uns or smaller people than you to see the game.

Its as simple as that for me. Be decent to your fellow Hibby!

Quote Originally Posted by andy1875 View Post
    Standing or sitting really depends on the circumstances imo.

I have stood at games before at Hampden, when you are surrounded by other lads or lassies your size who can all see the game then theres no problem.

If you are at a game and there are families around you, particularly with young kids then you have to sit down, only to be fair to allow everyone to see. Its common sense and just being generally decent to allow young uns or smaller people than you to see the game.

Its as simple as that for me. Be decent to your fellow Hibby!
    also some auld folk struggle or can't stand for 90 mins. The problem is there are too many ignorant, arrogant drunk people who think it is all about them.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Folk don't have respect for others these days, it's all "what about me?". Folk would rather ruin it for others then make a concession.

I stood for the whole game in D2, because I could, and because I had to. I didn't mind, in fact I really enjoyed it. There was a good atmosphere in the whole section. My son could see so it wasn't an issue for him, but had he not been able to see I'd have asked the folk in front if they minded sitting down.

I sat for most of the derby win last month, the atmosphere was brilliant and I had one of the best nights at the football in ages. Same when we beat Aberdeen - a terrific night and the huge majority of the West Upper sat through it.

"What about me, I can stand if I want?" - pish, you can stand if you want and you can be a prick if you want. You don't have to do either.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    also some auld folk struggle or can't stand for 90 mins. The problem is there are too many ignorant, arrogant drunk people who think it is all about them.
    Correct, it's a seated stadium and therefore you should sit. But it's also rightly or wrongly an alcohol fueled cup final, just like a pop concert and people will stand. It's not Celine Dion you're going to see ( I did enjoy that by the way). So, the decision comes down to the punter, either go and put up with it, too unfit to stand, buy corporate to get away from the idiots or watch on TV. It is what it is and I don't like it either but you know what you're getting. One thing I would say though, there needs to be a dedicated familly section so folk can take kids and not expect them to watch grown mem standing in front falling about pished and fighting, total disgrace.

What a bunch of sad moaning faced noel hunts. Whinging because having to stand for for two periods of 45 minutes at a cup final. If you want to guarantee a seat buy south stand, if you want to pretty guarantee standing go north, if your not bothered either way go behind the goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Correct, it's a seated stadium and therefore you should sit. But it's also rightly or wrongly an alcohol fueled cup final, just like a pop concert and people will stand. It's not Celine Dion you're going to see ( I did enjoy that by the way). So, the decision comes down to the punter, either go and put up with it, too unfit to stand, buy corporate to get away from the idiots or watch on TV. It is what it is and I don't like it either but you know what you're getting. One thing I would say though, there needs to be a dedicated familly section so folk can take kids and not expect them to watch grown mem standing in front falling about pished and fighting, total disgrace.
    So my choice, being just over five foot, is put up with it (see nothing), don't go or pay a fortune for corporate?

Also the absolute worse time I was at Hampden was in the family section, presume because it was cheaper. More drunks around me, without kids, than there was yesterday. I was in the north, C4 and saw no trouble at all, people were only standing when there was a chance of something happening, I managed to peer through a bairns arms while he held his scarf up, I didn't mind that at all. If we had stood the whole game I'd have seen nothing - is that fair?

Personally I'd have a standing section or have the back so many rows for people who want to stand. Let those who want to sit, or who have to sit do what they want to.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    What a bunch of sad moaning faced noel hunts.
    No need for that, I have no problem standing,my wife however struggles through arthritic knees and there were plenty of elderly around us who struggled and youngsters who could see very little. Not that I think you give a monkeys anyway but all people wanted to do was see the game.

What a bunch of sad moaning faced noel hunts. Whinging because having to stand for for two periods of 45 minutes at a cup final. If you want to guarantee a seat buy south stand, if you want to pretty guarantee standing go north, if your not bothered either way go behind the goals.
    Just wrong, wrong and wrong again. No wonder there is bother at these type if games if that's your true attitude.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If it's a seated area as all are at Hampden then if you are asked to sit then you should, end of.

If that means the guy in the very back row wants you to sit and it is passed down row by row to the front then sit down.

We were 3rd row from back of c4 and folk in front and behind all stood as did we.

That's the first time in donkeys years I have stood and really enjoyed it.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    The issue with safe standing is those that can't get in will stand in the other areas and accuse those sitting for ruining the atmosphere because apparently atmosphere is being created simply by being p*ssed....I'm in there with all the other short erses. Growing up I was constantly fighting to get a decent view of the game. Seating means I get the view I paid for. I've no probs singing sitting down.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Listen to the voice of authority on the subject. Pathetic post.

1. Jings, ah can remember when the only place you could sit was in the stand, when there w,as no segregation, when you had to have your wits about you in the ground stood next to the Rangers supporters, when you got soaked by the rain or someone pissing into a beer can and their piss lifting into the wind, when you could get a twisted ankle in the crowd surge, when the old firm bottles would rain down towards the pitch and onto the heads of their own supporters, before the fans chanting, just excitement from the crowd. Progress is that you don,t know how lucky you are with all seated stadia, Easter Road arguably the best in Scotland. Generally,you can expect that the Hampden experience, apart from the result, will leave a lot to be desired. For financial reasons it was redeveloped on the cheap,consider how you enter the stadium then descend towards your seating area and any football stadium with a running track space is not a proper football venue. I,ve been in the Past. Do you really want to go there?

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    If it's a seated area as all are at Hampden then if you are asked to sit then you should, end of.

If that means the guy in the very back row wants you to sit and it is passed down row by row to the front then sit down.

We were 3rd row from back of c4 and folk in front and behind all stood as did we.

That's the first time in donkeys years I have stood and really enjoyed it.
    It's the only way ... my fave games are the likes of Cowden where it's the only way

That was me giving you the thumbs up/thumbs down outside on Aikenhead Road at FT btw

@hibs.net private member
    Only seems to be British football that has a problem. Dortmund have a whole stand that erm, stand and there's no issue, same as other teams throughout Europe.

If it was me, i'd make the FF and East Stand available for standing and then the West and whatever's left of the south for families.
    Schalke have an end that stands during domestic games, but, like Dortmund, that end is adapted for standing during such games, totally irrelevant comparison.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    So....people should have to pay a premium to avoid the idiots, or watch the match on TV? Where to begin....... Perhaps instead of a special section for families or others who don't want their day spoiled by drunken, aggressive, selfish ****holes, we could have a section for drunken, aggressive ****holes, and the civilised majority could enjoy the match? Or we could have proper stewarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    So my choice, being just over five foot, is put up with it (see nothing), don't go or pay a fortune for corporate?

Also the absolute worse time I was at Hampden was in the family section, presume because it was cheaper. More drunks around me, without kids, than there was yesterday. I was in the north, C4 and saw no trouble at all, people were only standing when there was a chance of something happening, I managed to peer through a bairns arms while he held his scarf up, I didn't mind that at all. If we had stood the whole game I'd have seen nothing - is that fair?

Personally I'd have a standing section or have the back so many rows for people who want to stand. Let those who want to sit, or who have to sit do what they want to.
    Quite. "Ah've paid my money..." should entitle me to see the game. It doesn't entitle me to watch the game according to a set of personal preferences that prevent other people from watching the game. Like you, I'm a short lass. I'm also unable to stand for any length of time. The Hampden steps are quite shallow, and if someone tallish stands in front of me I can't see past them, even if standing.

There should be a standing section. While the stadium remains all-seater, standing doesn't work, because it prevents others from seeing the game. Which is, basically, just selfish.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.m View Post
    So....people should have to pay a premium to avoid the idiots, or watch the match on TV? Where to begin....... Perhaps instead of a special section for families or others who don't want their day spoiled by drunken, aggressive, selfish ****holes, we could have a section for drunken, aggressive ****holes, and the civilised majority could enjoy the match? Or we could have proper stewarding?

There is such a place....the pub.

Quite. "Ah've paid my money..." should entitle me to see the game. It doesn't entitle me to watch the game according to a set of personal preferences that prevent other people from watching the game. Like you, I'm a short lass. I'm also unable to stand for any length of time. The Hampden steps are quite shallow, and if someone tallish stands in front of me I can't see past them, even if standing.

There should be a standing section. While the stadium remains all-seater, standing doesn't work, because it prevents others from seeing the game. Which is, basically, just selfish.

I go to every game intending to stand, Hampden, ER or Livingston doesn't matter if i'm told to take a seat or if someone behind me cant see ill happily take a seat when asked. I was lucky enough at Hampden to have everyone behind me standing up. and never seen any bother like people are saying on here

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Listen to the voice of authority on the subject. Pathetic post.
    Pathetic post? Coming from the man who is comparing watching Hibs in a final at Hampden to watching Batman at the pictures

To the 2 hard men in hospitality . I wasn't asking you to stop singing or enjoy yourselves just sit down and let my cancer stricken dad see what will be his last league cup final. Next time maybe lay off the sauce ya selfish gits

I prefer standing if I looked around saw a kid then I would sit down, if however what has happened to me in the past that the said kid continually kicks the back of my chair for 90mins and after asking them politely to give it a rest son and the parents dont encourage their kids to stop then karma (standing) is a good tool.

Half the people on here complaining probs never gave the person a tap, nine times out of ten they probs wold have sat down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post

I'm not agreeing with it, I'm on your side here. All I'm trying to say is what can you really do about it. I was there with my wife, son, his girlfriend, we had a wee boy sitting in front and there was no drunks or trouble around us for a change. But we have in the past had folk falling on us etc and I agree fully with your points. I just don't know what you can do to stop it bar not going, paying more etc. I know its not right.

I prefer to stand but not if it spoils the game for anyone else. That's why our season ticket seats are back row of East at ER.

As previous people have suggeted -there should be safe standing areas but in the absence of that then it would help if we can somehow reach a consensus that, at the likes of Hampden, fans who want to stand should buy tickets in certain sections. We were lucky we ended up in D2 but that was just pure chance.

Took my 8 year old to his first final on Sunday, also took him to his first derby (SC replay) at ER a few weeks backs and believe me people standing up was the least of my worries. At the Hearts game, there a was a pissed guy in his 30s sitting behind us on his own in the West Lower who constantly shouted obscenities about every hearts player, their wives and girlfriends kids, pets you name it and the ref for 90s minutes. I asked him to tone it down a little, he just ignored me, if I hadn't been with my son I would have certainly shut him up! And on Sunday with my son again and my 70 year old father we had a family behind us, yes FAMILY and the disgusting vile coming from the son who looked about 14 at most was nothing short of embarrassing, when someone commented on it the Dad said "That's ma boy"

I may have just been very unlucky to have theses muppets beside me on these occasions and I understand my son will hear swearing at school and in everday life but I not sure I really want my son or myself for that to be subjected to this garbage while watching our beloved Hibees.
    Last edited by Coco Bryce; 16-03-2016 at 01:33 PM.

To me, folk who want to stand at the football should buy seats in the back rows, just like folk who persist on going to the toilet every 2 minutes should buy seats nearest the aisle. Surprised I've not won the world record for the amount of times you can stand up and then immediately sit down again in a 90 minute period with all the toilet breaks folk needed on Sun

To make it even worse, the only time I had to leave the row I was in (only 3 seats in so it didn't bother many folk ) I missed our goal

Is this seriously being debated? FFS.

Sitting down is awful, up and down every few minutes. Kills atmosphere as well.

Maybe if some of the day trippers got off their erse and actually bothered coming to Easter Road then they'd see that standing works brilliantly in Section 43. Cannae do the lead up to Carnival De Paris sitting on yer erse.

Nae wonder the atmosphere is honkin in some parts of the stadium. Sit down with their arms folded making sure the tartan rug is tucked in properly.
    I cant be arsed to multi quote you, or run a poll asking folk which one of your posts on the last 4 pages was the worst, so I'll settle for this one.

What an utter disregard you show for your fellow Hibs supporters. FYI sonny a lot of the folk you are so dismissive of are the ones who spent their early years supporting Hibs trying to generate an atmosphere on a huge open terrace at ER with no roof and in the various ****holes around Scotland with no catering, bogs that would embarrass a Brazilian favela and the guarantee that you would watch the game under a hail of pies, cans filled with the opposition supporters pish and the odd Golf ball here and there.

I started watching Hibs in the mid 70s home and away ( away stopped for the most part in 1984 ) and in that time I missed 50% of the play in the games I went to see because I'm only 5'6" tall and I was behind a couple of 6 footers ...... so dinnae come on here trying tae teach yer granny tae suck eggs.

I was in the North stand on Sunday stood the whole game and didn't have a problem with it. The 2 kids with us and my mates partner who is just over 5' tall didn't seem to take to it for some reason, I wonder why? I have seen all but one game Hibs have played at Hampden since 1979 and a few Scotland games and I had no idea that everybody stood in the north stand at games ..... I was in that stand in 2007 and cant remember standing for the whole game. I cant believe there are folk on here saying "its ok your kids can stand on the seats to see" ..... aye, if you are prepared to spend your evening at Glasgow southern general waiting for your bairn to have its 'stookie' fitted.

"Everybody knows its standing in the north at Hampden" ..... oh aye, show me where it says that on the ticket. No they dinnae and it doesn't make them part timers if they don't.

As for your low opinion of the FF and West standites ....... In my experience ( FF lower for the last 20 years ) when the game is exciting we are as keen to join in as anybody else in the stadium ... or wasn't I at the Dundee Utd, Aberdeen or Hearts games?

FWIW .... I am a huge advocate of a proper safe standing area at ER and have been banging the drum ( no pun intended ) for it on here for years. I would happily move from my seat in the FF to accommodate it, though I am aware that a good few of my FF brethren don't share that view. As for the 'singing section' as it stands just now:

1) ..... They are in totally the wrong part of the East, if they want their noise to be noticed and other fans to join in they would be much better situated in the section of the East nearest the FF and up the back ... that way the kids in the FF and the adults in the West upper might be inclined to join in with them. Or havent they noticed that the majority of the crowd at ER are on the FF side of the half way line?

2) ..... In the 90s when crowds at ER were smaller than they are now a load of radges were able to get about 200 folk to go to every Hibs game for a punch up. And yet the current singing section doesn't seem to be able to get more than a couple of hundred ( on a good day ) to turn up to back the actual team. At big games the singing section can have over a thousand in it .... perhaps on one of those occasions they could hand out leaflets telling folk what 'Ultra' means ... it certainly doesn't mean only turning up for big games, it means turning up for 'every game' ......... you know, like the tartan rug brigade you think so little of do.

Before auld gits like me start handing over our place in the ground of 20 years to create a proper standing / singing section with a 2,000 capacity at Easter Road, it would help if the guys actually involved in it got their act together and made an effort to get folk to join in with them, so that a move by the club along these lines would be worth it.

Rant over.

Big games away from your home ground usually means standing, swyncastle/greyskull etc and hampden is no different, ' more standing up bouncing, and less sitting an applauding imo.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I cant be arsed to multi quote you, or run a poll asking folk which one of your posts on the last 4 pages was the worst, so I'll settle for this one.

What an utter disregard you show for your fellow Hibs supporters. FYI sonny a lot of the folk you are so dismissive of are the ones who spent their early years supporting Hibs trying to generate an atmosphere on a huge open terrace at ER with no roof and in the various ****holes around Scotland with no catering, bogs that would embarrass a Brazilian favela and the guarantee that you would watch the game under a hail of pies, cans filled with the opposition supporters pish and the odd Golf ball here and there.

I started watching Hibs in the mid 70s home and away ( away stopped for the most part in 1984 ) and in that time I missed 50% of the play in the games I went to see because I'm only 5'6" tall and I was behind a couple of 6 footers ...... so dinnae come on here trying tae teach yer granny tae suck eggs.

I was in the North stand on Sunday stood the whole game and didn't have a problem with it. The 2 kids with us and my mates partner who is just over 5' tall didn't seem to take to it for some reason, I wonder why? I have seen all but one game Hibs have played at Hampden since 1979 and a few Scotland games and I had no idea that everybody stood in the north stand at games ..... I was in that stand in 2007 and cant remember standing for the whole game. I cant believe there are folk on here saying "its ok your kids can stand on the seats to see" ..... aye, if you are prepared to spend your evening at Glasgow southern general waiting for your bairn to have its 'stookie' fitted.

"Everybody knows its standing in the north at Hampden" ..... oh aye, show me where it says that on the ticket. No they dinnae and it doesn't make them part timers if they don't.

As for your low opinion of the FF and West standites ....... In my experience ( FF lower for the last 20 years ) when the game is exciting we are as keen to join in as anybody else in the stadium ... or wasn't I at the Dundee Utd, Aberdeen or Hearts games?

FWIW .... I am a huge advocate of a proper safe standing area at ER and have been banging the drum ( no pun intended ) for it on here for years. I would happily move from my seat in the FF to accommodate it, though I am aware that a good few of my FF brethren don't share that view. As for the 'singing section' as it stands just now:

1) ..... They are in totally the wrong part of the East, if they want their noise to be noticed and other fans to join in they would be much better situated in the section of the East nearest the FF and up the back ... that way the kids in the FF and the adults in the West upper might be inclined to join in with them. Or havent they noticed that the majority of the crowd at ER are on the FF side of the half way line?

2) ..... In the 90s when crowds at ER were smaller than they are now a load of radges were able to get about 200 folk to go to every Hibs game for a punch up. And yet the current singing section doesn't seem to be able to get more than a couple of hundred ( on a good day ) to turn up to back the actual team. At big games the singing section can have over a thousand in it .... perhaps on one of those occasions they could hand out leaflets telling folk what 'Ultra' means ... it certainly doesn't mean only turning up for big games, it means turning up for 'every game' ......... you know, like the tartan rug brigade you think so little of do.

Before auld gits like me start handing over our place in the ground of 20 years to create a proper standing / singing section with a 2,000 capacity at Easter Road, it would help if the guys actually involved in it got their act together and made an effort to get folk to join in with them, so that a move by the club along these lines would be worth it.

Rant over.
    Rant over but it was a brilliant one. I agree 100% with everything you say.

I learned a few things on Sunday that I hadnt really picked up as much on over the last number of decades.

1) Just because folk are Hibs "fans" doesnt make them any less of a ****ing idiot
    2) Some folk think getting totally reeking is alright when you piss everyone else off like a total ******** because, you are reeking...
    3) To qualify the above and put it into context, I love a good drink and probably equally to those who I am talking about but dont tend to be (so totally) reeking, as to bother anyone else...even at a cup final
    4) Its no cool, alright or just part of fitba for an adult to knock over bairns, stand or push them oot the way, be a total ****er or start fights with their "fellow" Hibs "fans" just cause they are knobends...

Bottom line. We do have some real ********s in our "support" at times.

And we ****ing lost the game.

However, it didnt rain, I seen no yams, huns or celtic ********s all day and I dont know any Ross County fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Martini View Post
    I learned a few things on Sunday that I hadnt really picked up as much on over the last number of decades.

1) Just because folk are Hibs "fans" doesnt make them any less of a ****ing idiot
    2) Some folk think getting totally reeking is alright when you piss everyone else off like a total ******** because, you are reeking...
    3) To qualify the above and put it into context, I love a good drink and probably equally to those who I am talking about but dont tend to be (so totally) reeking, as to bother anyone else...even at a cup final
    4) Its no cool, alright or just part of fitba for an adult to knock over bairns, stand or push them oot the way, be a total ****er or start fights with their "fellow" Hibs "fans" just cause they are knobends...

Bottom line. We do have some real ********s in our "support" at times.

And we ****ing lost the game.

However, it didnt rain, I seen no yams, huns or celtic ********s all day and I dont know any Ross County fans.