hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fans fighting

Sadly some idiots (usually grown men who should know better) can't handle their bevy and feel the need to try act the hard man for some reason. No bother near us and never witnessed anything outside the ground but there is always a small minority of idiots who make total fools of themselves and seem hell bent on starting a fight.

By all means have a good drink before the game but if you can't handle it then either lay of it or don't bother coming to the game and ruining it for other people. Thankfully the vast majority of the hibs support caused no bother but it just takes a few morons to ruin it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Well, reading through this thread, one thing is absolutely clear, booze at Scottish football matches should never be reintroduced, I don't know why and have given up trying to understand, but too many Scottish fans and booze just don't mix.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sounds like stokes really divided opinion yest. My old man thought he was 'a waist of a jersey', i actually thought he offered way more than JC.
    I actually agree with you, I thought he looked like he might create something for himself (I don't think anyone looked like they were going to create anything for him).

(I was mainly trying to be a bit cheeky about our much better ability to create wild rumours about what Stokes may or may not do in the run up to our games).

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    The only issue I was aware of yesterday was in the North Stand at half time. There are too many people for the size of the walkway / toilets required. The whole thing was at gridlock at the top of C4.

Two idiots (one male, one female) decided that said gridlock was n/a to them and decided to attempt to shove me aside - the guy actual had his hands on my arms trying to pull me
    aside so he could get through.

It's frustrating when we can't move as quick as we want but some of the decisions made by some people are bizarre.

Other than that, nae hassle.
    It was mental up there at half time. Absolutely rammed, uncomfortably so.

The toilets were like being in a kiln as well with all the smoke.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It was mental up there at half time. Absolutely rammed, uncomfortably so.

The toilets were like being in a kiln as well with all the smoke.
    At the top of d5 the stewards let folk into the stairs to have a smoke. Sensible decision

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I actually agree with you, I thought he looked like he might create something for himself (I don't think anyone looked like they were going to create anything for him).

(I was mainly trying to be a bit cheeky about our much better ability to create wild rumours about what Stokes may or may not do in the run up to our games).
    I apologise for not being bright enough to catch your wit, i'll blame the hangover

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Well, reading through this thread, one thing is absolutely clear, booze at Scottish football matches should never be reintroduced, I don't know why and have given up trying to understand, but too many Scottish fans and booze just don't mix.
    Some people seem to think its impossible to turn up to a football match unless they are blind drunk. We all had a good drink yesterday before the game but nobody was in a terrible state or acting like a tit. Whats the point of getting so off your face that you risk not even getting into the stadium

Before the 2007 cup final, there was a man in the pub we were in before the game that was passed out on the floor he was so drunk. His mate ended up missing the game because he had to stay with him to try sober him up, there was absolutely not a chance in hell of him getting into the ground with him, the guy couldn't even stand up. Both of them in the end missed watching hibs win the cup.

2 "glory hunters" behind me chucked their scarves onto the pitch at full time whistle...the downside of getting to a cup final against a non old firm team...pished glory hunters!! At least they can bu###r off now until the next Hampden Day out see ya ✋✋

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySeven7 View Post
    Some people seem to think its impossible to turn up to a football match unless they are blind drunk. We all had a good drink yesterday before the game but nobody was in a terrible state or acting like a tit. Whats the point of getting so off your face that you risk not even getting into the stadium

Before the 2007 cup final, there was a man in the pub we were in before the game that was passed out on the floor he was so drunk. His mate ended up missing the game because he had to stay with him to try sober him up, there was absolutely not a chance in hell of him getting into the ground with him, the guy couldn't even stand up. Both of them in the end missed watching hibs win the cup.
    It's utterly mental the way some people get.

I'd had a fair bit to drink on Saturday night and put away 5 and half pints in the cricket club pre match but I know my limits and knew I would be fine with that. I could still walk, talk and had my wits about me. If people can't handle their drink they would probably be best to refrain altogether.

That's not just football either btw. I see it all the time at gigs, boxing, racing etc etc.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I'd had a fair bit to drink on Saturday night and put away 5 and half pints in the cricket club pre match but I know my limits and knew I would be fine with that. I could still walk, talk and had my wits about me. If people can't handle their drink they would probably be best to refrain altogether.

That's not just football either btw. I see it all the time at gigs, boxing, racing etc etc.
    It was ridiculous. I don't know what time had had started drinking but judging by the nick of him it was probably a continuation from the night before. Never have I seen a grown man in such a state. there was young kids about as well that had to watch this clown passed out on the floor, stumbling about the corridors tryna get his trousers up after going for a piss and generally just make a total fool of himself.

Same here, had plenty to drink but knew my limits and didn't get into such a state that I was making a fool of myself or so blind drunk that I risked not getting in. It's called having a bit of maturity and common sense.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 14-03-2016 at 11:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Some folk get carried away with the whole 'event', forgetting that the most important thing is the match. It's a beano, a pub crawl etc with a game in between. Sometimes the consequences are very messy.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff
    Sme people seem to think its impossible to turn up to a football match unless they are blind drunk. We all had a good drink yesterday before the game but nobody was in a terrible state or acting like a tit. Whats the point of getting so off your face that you risk not getting into the stadium

You mention the 2007 final, it was the last time I went to a Hibs final and took my daughter, I always remember her asking me if people always behaved this way, I had to explain it was different at ER, not sure I convinced her, but she never expressed any interest in football from then on and I decided my cup final days were over, TV for me.

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    You mention the 2007 final, it was the last time I went to a Hibs final and took my daughter, I always remember her asking me if people always behaved this way, I had to explain it was different at ER, not sure I convinced her, but she never expressed any interest in football from then on and I decided my cup final days were over, TV for me.
    I'm beginning to think like you no more Hampden misery, took us 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh on the bus sick off all these disappointments the way I feel the now I will just watch on the telly in the future let the day trippers have their moments

First Team Breakthrough ulises_trotter's Avatar
    the atmosphere was rotten

please sit down and shut up seems to be the attitude at cup finals

Quote Originally Posted by ulises_trotter View Post
    the atmosphere was rotten

please sit down and shut up seems to be the attitude at cup finals
    thought it was decent. I'd hate to have been an RC fan though, they had nothing.

First Team Breakthrough

It's all about making sensible decisions.
    A final is a social and sporting occasion.

I love pre Cup Final drinks but never drink so much that there is a risk:
    that I won't get in the ground for being under the influence,
    that I need to go for a pee every 20 minutes
    that I won't get fully into the ebb and flow of the game

Yesterday was 4 pints and a cheeky short pre match.
    I really enjoyed it and didn't risk any of the above.
    Could have had another couple but felt right.
    As Dirty Harry said "man has to know his limits"

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's been said before and it sounds real snobbish but it's a fact that at Hampden you're better paying that wee bit extra and ensuring that you get a good seat and at the same time reducing the risk of encountering some of the "problem areas!"

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    I'm beginning to think like you no more Hampden misery, took us 3 hours to get back to Edinburgh on the bus sick off all these disappointments the way I feel the now I will just watch on the telly in the future let the day trippers have their moments
    I stated after the Hearts semi in 2006, that I would never go back to Hampden, having a 100% defeat record is just too much, of course we win the cup the next season :(

God knows why I went back on my word and went along yesterday. I can now say for sure....I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO HAMPDEN AGAIN!!

You guys can thank me when we win the Scottish cup this year :)

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Just down from this, seemed to go on for ages.

https://twitter.com/bobbyoliver2225/...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Why is it some of those called supporters only appear at the final and intent on causing aggro very rarely appear at easter road.This has happened at Hampden the last couple of times.If cant drink in moderation then leave it alone instead of giving grief to others.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee_Craig7062 View Post
    At the top of d5 the stewards let folk into the stairs to have a smoke. Sensible decision
    Also in D5, 2 wee lads in front of me couldn't see because the whole section was standing, a steward found some seats at the front of F1 for them. Not all stewards are jobsworths.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    I was caught up in a bit of the trouble, happened in b7. Guy kept asking me to push up to let him in, I checked his ticket and told him his seat was beside me. Kept trying to push me out my seat then took a swing at me.

Absolute fanny. A few guys behind stuck up for me and eventually after, stewards got rid of him and his mate. Grade A weapons.
    Glad the Stewards got rid. I was in row RR and they were slow to react, boy had no interest in the football. Pished and looking for an excuse to kick off.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    Why is it some of those called supporters only appear at the final and intent on causing aggro very rarely appear at easter road.This has happened at Hampden the last couple of times.If cant drink in moderation then leave it alone instead of giving grief to others.
    Because most are jakeballs who having serious drinking issues and think they can use this as an excuse to shout abuse and fight. Absolute ****ing bellends the lot of them.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    I have never regretted making that decision as I know there will always be plenty of fans to fill Hampden so Hibs don't lose out and I can 'enjoy' the game in piece.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    . Cummings done nowt yesterday, I stand by my opinion that he is never a footballer. Selfish, poor first touch, poor awareness and he's out of form, he should not have played yesterday. Keatings deserved a chance. Farid should have been on along with boyle as well.
    Cummings was far from great yesterday but how many on shot targets did our respective strikers have yesterday.

That's the only statistic that matters.

We didn't sign Stokes to be the new playmaker, we signed him to score goals.

By any yardstick his performances in that regard have been an abject failure.

I was in the west a few rows back from where the fight earlier in the thread took place. My mate was in the middle of it and basically it was all because him and his mates were pissed and needing the toilet more and that upset another group who kept having to get up and down.

I also had a dad and his 2 boys with him in the seats behind who moved as they were getting hassled by a drunk. The older lad was in tears and it was a horrible thing to see. Thankfully I managed to cheer him up after Fontaine scored by going mental and picking him up.

Some folk need to have a word making kids cry and fighting with fellow hibees.

Sadly some idiots (usually grown men who should know better) can't handle their bevy and feel the need to try act the hard man for some reason. No bother near us and never witnessed anything outside the ground but there is always a small minority of idiots who make total fools of themselves and seem hell bent on starting a fight.

By all means have a good drink before the game but if you can't handle it then either lay of it or don't bother coming to the game and ruining it for other people. Thankfully the vast majority of the hibs support caused no bother but it just takes a few morons to ruin it.

Agree 100%

I hate Hampden and I hate the fans that appear out of nowhere when we get a trip to Hampden.

Grown adults rolling about on the ground....jeezo.

what I will say is the stewarding is non existent. Some lassie with funky eyebrows was passing round cans of gin ans tonic around her pals and then offering them to the rows around us.

i hate Hampden.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHanlon View Post
    I hate Hampden and I hate the fans that appear out of nowhere when we get a trip to Hampden.

Grown adults rolling about on the ground....jeezo.

what I will say is the stewarding is non existent. Some lassie with funky eyebrows was passing round cans of gin ans tonic around her pals and then offering them to the rows around us.

i hate Hampden.
    to be fair, i'd have loved someone to turn round and offer me a can of G&T yesterday

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought it was a really heartening atmosphere and most folk in good spirits right through...don't know what the guy in the hood was on in section d beside the drummer...screaming at anyone around him all the way through the game!?! He just kept catching my attention but as I say around me the dudes gave great support & Hibs togetherness