hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    absolutely devastated I'm not able to go, that day in 2007 is up there with the best days of my life. 2am kick off in the pub with the Melbourne Supporters Club it is, come on the HIBEES!
    Your situation is spookily smiilar to my own - that day in 1991 was up there with the best days of my life; aged 23 I found myself with the Melbourne Supporters Club watching a 3am one-hour-time-delayed showing, generously sponsored by Sir Tom, of the Hibees in the League Cup Final after having been to see South Melbourne v Marconi earlier in the evening.

That was in 2004 though - let's not go there

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Haha, I think Ross Co, have got to also be thinking that the final isn't as hard as it could have been, they already put out Celtc and we are on a horrible run of form, they will fancy their chances probably more than we do.
    I shouldn't look at recent results as they were pumped 3-0 at home by hertz and the Arabs. It's who plays on the day. We have the squad to win it and hopefully the break between the caley game and the final will have the likes of McGinn,Henderson and Cummings back to their best.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Aye right enough ..... slaughtered Falkirk 7 ( seven ) 0 ...... won their own derby away from home 2 - 1 .... and beat Celtic 3 - 1 in their semi final.

All we need to do is turn up

Aw come on, I'm trying to find reasons to be positive, don't spoil it for me

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Your situation is spookily smiilar to my own - that day in 1991 was up there with the best days of my life; aged 23 I found myself with the Melbourne Supporters Club watching a 3am one-hour-time-delayed showing, generously sponsored by Sir Tom, of the Hibees in the League Cup Final after having been to see South Melbourne v Marconi earlier in the evening.

That was in 2004 though - let's not go there
    that is a very very bizarre coincidence! let's hope my presence in Melbourne brings us a little bit more luck than that time though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Johnny come lately, the new kid in town..... Everybody loves you, so you don't let them down......

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    I'll not be too gutted if we lose.
    I will, doesnae matter who we lose to in a final.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Pathetic, and we're the Championship team.

(Only saying what everyone else is thinking, I'm aware our team was honking, but the structure of football in Scotland needs to sort itself out. How the **** is Ross County even sustainable?)

And this one relegation/promotion is completely self preservation, that needs to be addressed, as does league sizes.

Anyway back to the thread, great effort by all the Hibees.

J
    RC are sustainable because they have an owner with long arms and short pockets, but who also runs his club professionally .... they draw support from all over the north and the fact that their crowds stand up well to the admittedly pathetic turn outs in far bigger towns like Kilmarnock, Perth and Inverness is to be applauded.

Its a great place for an away trip too with the ground being so close to the town centre, which has no shortage of boozers for such a wee place

The RC support on the 13th will probably be bigger than the whole population of Dingwall ..... we are in a 2 club city of 500,000 people, so the day we take 250,000 fans to a game will be the day we can look down our noses at the likes of Ross County.

I agree totally about the leagues though .... way past time for a revamp.

@hibs.net private member
    RC are sustainable because they have an owner with long arms and short pockets, but who also runs his club professionally .... they draw support from all over the north and the fact that their crowds stand up well to the admittedly pathetic turn outs in far bigger towns like Kilmarnock, Perth and Inverness is to be applauded.

Its a great place for an away trip too with the ground being so close to the town centre, which has no shortage of boozers for such a wee place

The RC support on the 13th will probably be bigger than the whole population of Dingwall ..... we are in a 2 club city of 500,000 people, so the day we take 250,000 fans to a game will be the day we can look down our noses at the likes of Ross County.

This is County's first everl league cup final against a lower league team. They will draw support from all over the Highlands and Inverness. Hibs compete with the Old Firm, Hearts and rugby for support. Is it not a fair comparison to divide the size of a town or city by the number of clubs. If County get 8000-10000 well done to them but Hibs are looking 30000, so to me that a great effort too.

Has anybody mentioned the rugby yet?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibayernian View Post
    Has anybody mentioned the rugby yet?

I see Glasgow Warriors will be featuring in a live televised game tomorrow and this will be at the same time as OUR cup tie. It's a disgrace I tell Ye.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I see Glasgow Warriors will be featuring in a live televised game tomorrow and this will be at the same time as OUR cup tie. It's a disgrace I tell Ye.!!!!

Ahm totally ragin, as I wanted to go to both matches!

I've decided to have a boycott of both, so that'll teach them.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibayernian View Post
    Ahm totally ragin, as I wanted to go to both matches!

I've decided to have a boycott of both, so that'll teach them.
    Andy Goram is.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Andy Goram is.

Ah refuse to listen to comments from part-timers that miss Cup Finals for a boozy weekend away wi' the lads.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    An international is a different story. I know many Hibs fans who are big rugby fans as well and they get tickets for the annual six nations fixtures ages in advance.

For football to schedule a showpiece final clashing with these fixtures is just sheer stupidity and cutting off a revenue stream unnecessarily imo.

Personally if the International rugby was playing in my garden I wouldn't open the blinds but I know many who think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    An international is a different story. I know many Hibs fans who are big rugby fans as well and they get tickets for the annual six nations fixtures ages in advance.

For football to schedule a showpiece final clashing with these fixtures is just sheer stupidity and cutting off a revenue stream unnecessarily imo.

Personally if the International rugby was playing in my garden I wouldn't open the blinds but I know many who think differently.
    For Rugby to schedule an International match which clashes with a showpiece final is madness. It's probably Oxley's fault.
    Last edited by marinello59; 05-03-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    For Rugby to schedule an International match which clashes with a showpiece final is madness.
    Well done M59, you know it makes sense. :-)

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Got tickets through the door today, section I6 when they were meant to be J1, not chuffed!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This is County's first everl league cup final against a lower league team. They will draw support from all over the Highlands and Inverness. Hibs compete with the Old Firm, Hearts and rugby for support. Is it not a fair comparison to divide the size of a town or city by the number of clubs. If County get 8000-10000 well done to them but Hibs are looking 30000, so to me that a great effort too.
    My post was slightly tongue in cheek mate, I'm well aware that circumstances for clubs in the central belt are entirely different from the highlands. But to suggest that a club bringing a support with them larger than the population of the town they come from is anything other than a great effort is laughable.

To go further and suggest they shouldn't be breathing the same air as us is beneath us as a club or a support ..... it stinks of Yam type 'wee team' arrogance and isnt something I want to hear from any Hibs fan.

We'll sell loads more. It's times like these you need a dedicated dot counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    We'll sell loads more. It's times like these you need a dedicated dot counter.
    Sorry I have my hands full this year or I would be right on it 😂

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Petrie counts beans, could ask him if he'll count dots 😉
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Strange analysis considering there has never been, or ever will be 250,000 people at a match.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Strange analysis considering there has never been, or ever will be 250,000 people at a match.
    Didn't the yams have 400,000 at home games under the Lithuanian deck chair.

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    lol ............ it wasn't meant to be taken literally mate