hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bovril

Another of life's little pleasures ****ed up for no good reason...

Spooky, I had a Bovril the other day there. The new larger cubes arent the same (even with a full cube). Less beefy and stocky, more peppery and watery and has a greasy like film on top of the cup...hmmm, prior to this (when it was a genuine cube rather than a ****ed up rectangle now available), it was, quite simply, braw.

Bovril at ER was fine last time I had some. That said, they use a catering incarnation which was ALWAYS different from the cubes you make in the hoose.

...a less well known fact for many; Bovril was invented by a wee butcher in Roslin around 130 years ago. Fact. Us Scots have been inventing **** that's bad for you for years so we do
    Meantime, other facts around the (Former) greatest fitba drink (next to beer) can be found here, in the following SOURCE before anyone asks:
    http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/news/b...sh-love-affair

Ohhhh bovril, bovril...used to taste barry but it's *****y now.

ENDOF

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    I once bought a jar of chicken Bovril. Wow, with a touch of pepper, really great. Been unable to find it again.

[QUOTE=Bad Martini;4606768]Another of life's little pleasures ****ed up for no good reason...

Spooky, I had a Bovril the other day there. The new larger cubes arent the same (even with a full cube). Less beefy and stocky, more peppery and watery and has a greasy like film on top of the cup...hmmm, prior to this (when it was a genuine cube rather than a ****ed up rectangle now available), it was, quite simply, braw.

Bovril at ER was fine last time I had some. That said, they use a catering incarnation which was ALWAYS different from the cubes you make in the hoose.

...a less well known fact for many; Bovril was invented by a wee butcher in Roslin around 130 years ago. Fact. Us Scots have been inventing **** that's bad for you for years so we do

The Evening News printed an article a year or two ago that it was a butcher round about Cannongate that created Bovril IIRC, I've not read your link.

The bovril tastes more meaty than any of the pies do.

I remember when all this was just trees.