hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jambo-ing it!

Jambo-ing it!

In response to the other "Hibsing-it" thread.

The phrase "hibsing it" irritates me no end. But pardon me if I was not mistaken in seeing the greatest demonstration of "bottling it" by any team, anywhere, any time, by The Jambos in 1986 at Dens Park? Let's start using the phrase "Jambo-ing it" and referring our Gorgie chums to that fateful day every time they or any one else dares to use "Hibsing-it"

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibhibhurray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

The phrase "hibsing it" irritates me no end. But pardon me if I was not mistaken in seeing the greatest demonstration of "bottling it" by any team, anywhere, any time, by The Jambos in 1986 at Dens Park? Let's start using the phrase "Jambo-ing it" and referring our Gorgie chums to that fateful day every time they or any one else dares to use "Hibsing-it"
    I agree, yes we've had a nightmare 3 games but we've not bottled anything, we were 2nd before and we're 2nd now.

Surely to bottle something you have to be in front then have a glorious failure, say like being 2-0 in a cup derby with 12 mins left to play and end up going out the cup.

Surely this is just bad form, not that it makes it much better but the last thing we need is to circulate nonsense phrases created by the media like "Hibsing it"
    Last edited by high bee; 01-03-2016 at 11:35 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

But just 07 days later they managed to pick themselves up off the floor dust themselves down and slay the Dons to take the Scottish Cup with a big gotcha! ... What trounced 3-0 you say ?! But still the East of Scotland shield and all that team later went on to pick up winners medals - what do you mean no!?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    I agree, yes we've had a nightmare 3 games but we've not bottled anything, we were 2nd before and we're 2nd now.

Surely to bottle something you have to be in front then have a glorious failure, say like being 2-0 in a cup derby with 12 mins left to play and end up going out the cup.

Surely this is just bad form, not that it makes it much better but the last thing we need is to circulate nonsense phrases like this.
    Hear hear. The Jambos are still nursing the wounds from both games. The pain of being 2-0 up with 10 minutes left on the clock against their greatest rivals and seeing victory cruelly snatched from their Gorgie grasps was too much to bare, but never mind, they would not bottle it a 2nd time at easter Road in the replay. But no, they certainly bottled it again and Big time. Oh the joy of watching them slime their way out of Easter road with their maroon tails dragging the floor, suffering "Sunshine On Leith" as they shook their heads and tried to console their broken hearts after being utterly destroyed (football-wise) and score-wise by those same greatest rivals. We ended their season that night and they can't accept that.

Left by mutual consent!
    I prefer gunting it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Jimmy Saville did a lot of Jamboing.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    30th anniversary this year.

Just a couple of days ago somebody posted a reminder that they did the same thing in 1965, losing the league on the final day after a 0-2 defeat.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    But just 07 days later they managed to pick themselves up off the floor dust themselves down and slay the Dons to take the Scottish Cup with a big gotcha! ... What trounced 3-0 you say ?! But still the East of Scotland shield and all that team later went on to pick up winners medals - what do you mean no!?
    I won't believe a word of any of that unless there are pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that result really hurt them the other week. Using phrases like 'Hibsed it' after blowing a 2 - 0 lead at home and being knocked out the cup by the so-called bottle merchants. Nice one Jambos.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    #heartsit #jambottled

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post

Just a couple of days ago somebody posted a reminder that they did the same thing in 1965, losing the league on the final day after a 0-2 defeat.

and next thursday is the 37th anniversary of them getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup......by Hibs at ER

just thought i'd say likesy

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    They're trying their best to find as many comfort blankets as they can! The fact is they completely Jamboed it being 2-0 up against us with just 10 minutes left! They jamboed it then again at Easter Road. It makes their skin crawl that we might go and lift the League Cup next week (btw, a competition they've been Jamboing for 50 odd years). Also that we have a Quarter Final this weekend to look forward to whole they welcome...Partick Thistle.

We're still still 2nd and it's still all to play for. A lot of people might have to scrape major egg off their faces come the end of this season where we might look back at these 3 defeats and not give one flying crap about!

Don't let their delusions stand, 1886 is the definition of 'bottling it' and they would love us to forget it!

They JAMBOED it big time!
    Last edited by California-Hibs; 02-03-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGrandpa View Post
    #heartsit #jambottled
    Hey, Jambottled it has a ring to it. Me likes.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    They're trying their best to find as many comfort blankets as they can! The fact is they completely Jamboed it being 2-0 up against us with just 10 minutes left! They jamboed it then again at Easter Road. It makes their skin crawl that we might go and lift the League Cup next week (btw, a competition they've been Jamboing for 50 odd years). Also that we have a Quarter Final this weekend to look forward to whole they welcome...Partick Thistle.

We're still still 2nd and it's still all to play for. A lot of people might have to scrape major egg off their faces come the end of this season where we might look back at these 3 defeats and not give one flying crap about!

Don't let their delusions stand, 1886 is the definition of 'bottling it' and they would love us to forget it!

The JAMBOED it big time!
    Hear hear. Another poster came up with 'Jambottled it'. That has a definite ring about it. Let's spread the word from here on in....JAMBOTTLED!!

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar

They sure did and the amusing link between the two Jamboings was that after the 1965 Jamboing they were the main protagonists on having the goal difference decision (that's how they lost it) changed to goal difference - had it stayed the same way as it was in 1965 then I believe that the spectacular Olympic style Jamboing effort in 1986 would not have happened and Sir Albert would have been stripped of his Knighthood - oh my sides - arf bloody arf !!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Hear hear. Another poster came up with 'Jambottled it'. That has a definite ring about it. Let's spread the word from here on in....JAMBOTTLED!!
    Biggest Jambottlers I know, that's for sure.

Effed up a 2-0 home lead with just 10 minutes to go!

They also Jambottled taking a chance on Jason Cummings. How'd that one work out for them? *smug face*

Hey, Jambottled it has a ring to it. Me likes.
    So do I! Let's utilise this one

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    The Jambo trolls will be wetting themselves reading this stuff. And we say they are obsessed with us.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    The Jambo trolls will be wetting themselves reading this stuff. And we say they are obsessed with us.
    They're laughing anyway so why not?

http://youtu.be/3uA1UEowQaA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm-bogie View Post
    The silent majority of Jambos are content to let their vocal minority of obsessives attack us and belittle us at every opportunity. It gives voice and adds to their collective sense of delusional superiority. I say let them have it at at every opportunity. Who cares whether their trolls wet themselves. Their trolls and mouth pieces are, like I say, a vocal minority. It's this crowd, minority or otherwise, who need to be counter-acted and got at with their own logic. They are currently squirming at our relative success and getting to a cup final. They are absolutely beside themselves that their perceived "superior" team was humiliated and destroyed not once but twice in the Scottish cup by the very team they absolutely detest and define themselves by.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

That was in the days of Goal Average rather than Goal Difference.

If Hearts had scored one goal Killie would have needed to score 7, but Hearts tried to play defensive and bottled it big time.
    I can still picture Alan Gordon heading into the side net in the last minute when it looked easier to score.

I was a young lad on the Gorgie terraces that day and managed to keep my grin hidden.

Hearts bottled the unbeatable game as well does anyone remember that?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    We are in the League cup final and the Scottish cup quarter final, couldn't care less about Hearts.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar

i personally wouldnt use the phrase "jamb-oing it" that phrase covers a whole multitued of sins from stealing from charity, drinking from puddles and other depraved sickening things, can't tar every non-jambo with the same brush. :D

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Let's not forget Craig Levein's role at Dens in 1986. The poor wee lamb had "the cold" and so pulled out of the game. Aye right, he sh@t his pants and #jambottled it, which provided the precurser to the rest of what happened that day. As has been mentioned they had previous for this in 1965 and then followed it up the very next week by throwing in the towel against Aberdeen.

Can we also recall the 1996 Scottish Cup final, when the Jambos were due to end years of hurt but instead started chucking the ball through their own legs and into the net in a 5-1 (yes, 5-1) loss to the now defunct Rangers.

How about the League Cup final in 2013, when they lost to St Mirren in the final of a competition they've bottled it in every year for 53 years on the trot.

Or what about the semi-final of the same competition a year later when nine-man Inverness CT took the tie to extra time with a 95th minute equaliser? Only moments earlier Ryan Stevenson had been "high-sixing" the Jambos at the other end of the ground before a corner. The perennial League Cup bottlers lost on penalties, with one of the ugliest men ever to play football (Jamie Hamill) missing the decisive kick.

No - I won't take any lesson from Hearts on bottling football matches. Particularly after what happened in the recent cup tie.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Let's not forget Craig Levein's role at Dens in 1986. The poor wee lamb had "the cold" and so pulled out of the game. Aye right, he sh@t his pants and #jambottled it, which provided the precurser to the rest of what happened that day. As has been mentioned they had previous for this in 1965 and then followed it up the very next week by throwing in the towel against Aberdeen.

Can we also recall the 1996 Scottish Cup final, when the Jambos were due to end years of hurt but instead started chucking the ball through their own legs and into the net in a 5-1 (yes, 5-1) loss to the now defunct Rangers.

How about the League Cup final in 2013, when they lost to St Mirren in the final of a competition they've bottled it in every year for 53 years on the trot.

Or what about the semi-final of the same competition a year later when nine-man Inverness CT took the tie to extra time with a 95th minute equaliser? Only moments earlier Ryan Stevenson had been "high-sixing" the Jambos at the other end of the ground before a corner. The perennial League Cup bottlers lost on penalties, with one of the ugliest men ever to play football (Jamie Hamill) missing the decisive kick.

No - I won't take any lesson from Hearts on bottling football matches. Particularly after what happened in the recent cup tie.
    Very well summed up. Send it into Keith Jackson and Kickback?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Very well summed up. Send it into Keith Jackson and Kickback?
    Who?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bawheid View Post
    Who?
    Mind the guy that was going to take JC to court if he didn't retract his comments?