hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I predicted a draw at the PBS and Hibs to win it at Easter road. Still think that will happen.

Yes they beat county 3-0 but the score line sounds like it flattered them.

I think they're a good side and it will be tight but I feel we have the momentum and self belief.

2-1 Hibs and Cummings getting the winner in front of them.

C'mon Hibs!!
    The fact they win 3-0 away when 'not playing very well' is exactly why I give them at least a 50% chance of progressing to the next round. If Dauda is up and running, and Jamie Walker returns in form, we are in for a very difficult game. God Forbid Hearts actually play well. If they do their goal scorers will give us a lot of work to do at the other end.

Sorry folks, but unless we are ruthless with the chances we create (our weakest attribute IMO), I predict a win for Hearts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter1 View Post
    The fact they win 3-0 away when 'not playing very well' is exactly why I give them at least a 50% chance of progressing to the next round. If Dauda is up and running, and Jamie Walker returns in form, we are in for a very difficult game. God Forbid Hearts actually play well. If they do their goal scorers will give us a lot of work to do at the other end.

Sorry folks, but unless we are ruthless with the chances we create (our weakest attribute IMO), I predict a win for Hearts.

We have a better team than Ross County.

I'm gonna be my usual positive self and predict a 3-2 defeat.

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    2-1 Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    We have a better team than Ross County.
    I suspect you are right about that but we will find out more on League Cup Final day. If Ross County are as inept in front of goal as they were vs them, the League Cup looks good. Problem is unless we can score a good few goals, Hearts won't need to play very well to bag a couple or more themselves. Thats my concern. I can't see us grinding out a 1-0, unless they have real off day.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I think we need to get the first goal as Hearts won't give up a good lead twice. I don't think it'll be settled over 90 minutes but I think our squad depth, fitness and one less game in the week previous will see us through - 2-1 Hibs AET.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    A disaster?

You sound more like a caricature of a hibs fan than a real one.

Not having it at all.

cool story bro. I take it you missed the first derby. they were abysmal.

3 - 2 Hibs within 90 mins.

They are good at scoring from outwith the penalty box so we must not back off them and allow them to come into shooting range.

I think 1-0 Hibs.....Keatings off the bench to score the winner.....he'll enjoy that as much as us

Quote Originally Posted by joebakerforever View Post
    3 - 2 Hibs within 90 mins.

They are good at scoring from outwith the penalty box so we must not back off them and allow them to come into shooting range.
    Im sure Stubbs is on this. No more 1 in a million jibes at the likes of Ozturk. Frankly its their main strength, and the awareness in our players is a start to reducing their threat from these areas.

Confident of us winning, when was the last time we lost at easter road? Apart from the petrofac thingy im sure it was last season? My only concern is them grinding out a draw and taking it to pens.