Quote Originally Posted by grammyb111 View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
This is precisely why the loyalty scheme is a good thing. If I was one of those 800 (I'm not) I'd be mighty annoyed that someone who hasn't been to an away game all season (180 points) was able to get online in a scramble faster than me, so I miss out because they want to go to Ibrox but not Palmerston, Cappielow etc.

It appears the grumble is that in the past if you've had a season ticket you get the same priority as every other season ticket holder, but the above scenario shows exactly why that could be unfair. Now they've got a way of measuring attendance they can make it fair.

Instances like Ibrox, make the first threshold at the point that everyone is guaranteed a ticket. After two days or whatever you know how many are left and drop the threshold where folk are guaranteed at a lower level. Do that until you're at the point that it's a mad scramble for the last few tickets between folks all on the same point total. This kind of thing would only need to be done for a few games a season so not a burden.

For me a more valid gripe is where any cut-offs are made. Hearts away I got lucky to be in the first wave, but can fully understand why someone on 390 would be annoyed that someone on 180 gets an equal chance as them in the second wave. The same soul on 390 though can't say that's unfair then expect to have the same priority as someone with 450.

For most games it is utterly irrelevant, and I also have never not got a ticket when I wanted one, but rewarding loyal customers can only be a good thing for me.
I don't disagree with any off your points on fairness. The new system might be fairer but has the unintended consequence of discouraging season ticket sales.
Lots of people buy season tickets even though it makes no financial sense to do so (they miss games due to work, family etc). One of the reasons they did so was that it gave them a chance at tickets for big games. Take that away and they may stop buying their season ticket. There is evidence on here that that is what some people are considering.
We may achieve a fairer system while at the same time costing the club money.
I'm not trying to be arsey here, just pointing out what could be an unintended consequence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk