hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Win tomorrow or win the League Cup?

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beat Hearts tomorrow

11 10.68%
  • Win the League Cup

92 89.32%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Another example of people not understanding what a hypothetical question is, ie "I want to win both". Do you? Well, colour me ****ing shocked. Of course you do. These are the single most pointless replies in these threads.

And then you have the folk complaining about being asked a hypothetical question. Don't answer it and **** off then? You can actually observe how uncomfortable it is for some people to contemplate Hibs losing games like either of the two mentioned. Emotionally fragile beings, over compensating by claiming it's stupid.
    What a pointless post!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Vanquinho
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    What a pointless post!
    You'd know.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nando™ View Post
    Another example of people not understanding what a hypothetical question is, ie "I want to win both". Do you? Well, colour me ****ing shocked. Of course you do. These are the single most pointless replies in these threads.

And then you have the folk complaining about being asked a hypothetical question. Don't answer it and **** off then? You can actually observe how uncomfortable it is for some people to contemplate Hibs losing games like either of the two mentioned. Emotionally fragile beings, over compensating by claiming it's stupid.
    What utter b€#€#¥#s, hypothetically you & your loser mentality can take a hike on the day of a derby. Not being as emotionally strong as you in your hypothetical superior intellectual world, I still want my team to be winning when they play, every time, however limited & stupid that makes me. Thank F I dont have to attend games with such a seasoned, broad minded loser such as yourself, wallowing in my uncomfortable uncontemplative world in which I hope Hibs actually go on & win the games in which we play.

First Team Breakthrough

Our man in Havana

Hey ....having the chance to win Cups is not to be sniffed at!
    will be in Cuba drinking a serious amount of rum when its the final.........
    We should be well Happy.
    Enjoy the rest of the season...

That day beating hearts becomes more important than winning a cup is the day we turn into them

[QUOTE=jonty;4574913] one game at a time, but come the end of the season, even if we've won the Scottish, if we haven't been promoted I'll still be disappointed.[/QUOTEp

It's always very disappointing to lose to them whatever the comp it's in. But for this season its promotion,the league cup then hertz in order of importance. If we were to lose then win the league cup and get promotion I won't cry myself to sleep. Be a lot more confident if that utter plumb wasn't reffing. Do the sfa see this as some sort of black humour. What's the bets we are all talking about the ref and not the game when it's over.

[QUOTE=mjhibby;4575133]
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    one game at a time, but come the end of the season, even if we've won the Scottish, if we haven't been promoted I'll still be disappointed.[/QUOTEp

It's always very disappointing to lose to them whatever the comp it's in. But for this season its promotion,the league cup then hertz in order of importance. If we were to lose then win the league cup and get promotion I won't cry myself to sleep. Be a lot more confident if that utter plumb wasn't reffing. Do the sfa see this as some sort of black humour. What's the bets we are all talking about the ref and not the game when it's over.
    Agree. Things for this match are not exactly in our favour. Away from home against difficult opposition, and a referee that may well make some 'important' decisions. Wind and rainy conditions may help them more than us (keepers?)? A League cup win is to be grabbed with both hands, and would be a fantastic achievement. And promotion is way more important than this game.

Would I take a 3-0 beating today in exchange for guaranteed promotion? Probably yes.

But I reckon if we approach the match properly we can give them a good game. If we stay mentally strong - even after an early goal for them - we have a chance to get a result. I think the problem with other teams this season is they don't respond well to conceding early at Tynecastle. Aberdeen were a total mess for the whole first half in the SC match.

Final by miles. Today will just be an addedbonus when we win.

Definitely winning the cup for me. Dont even see it as a tough call but we all have our own opinions.

Hibs V Alloa in the league this season is a bigger game than playing against them in a cup. Stuff them, inbred mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    That day beating hearts becomes more important than winning a cup is the day we turn into them
    The day we start treating derbies like cup finals is the day we start winning them.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    The day we start treating derbies like cup finals is the day we start winning them.
    Good point. No harm in treating every game like a cup final really. Give it 100% and never give up. Simples..

Quote Originally Posted by IanM View Post
    I know what you're saying but the SC is 'The Holy Grail' (I know i know!) and it would mean more to me to win that than any other. So even though there would be masses still to do it allows you to dream on.

The other cup would obviously be a fantastic achievement and a real show of intent. I would also add that there's not a lot in it!

I wonder if this was the QF of the SC if people would think differently? As there's every chance the next round could be favourable draw with the teams left in. Sorry forgot to add.. FACT. ENDOF. IMHO

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Cup Final.

The OP asked a one or other question.

The question where you are asked if you would rather win both games or no games is on another thread somewhere.

J

Can I be 100% clear to people, since private warnings are obviously ignored, that if you wish to use words like '******' or '*****' then take yourself elsewhere to do so.

It's not funny or clever just offensive. This isn't 'PC gone made' before anyone trots that pish out, it's about common decency.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

In order of importance for HFC as things stand today:

1) Winning promotion (by miles)
    2) Winning the League Cup
    3) Beating Hertz

Just IMO though.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    and even after today it's STILL promotion/cup/hertz for me