hibs.net Messageboard

Shape Of Things To Come

Over the last 30 years Hearts have: 1. outspent Hibs (with money they didn't have) and 2. been able to develop a winning mentality in derbies, (partly due to the bounceback and the subsequent traction from the 7-0 humiliation).

These factors now no longer apply.

I'm not suggesting we are necessarily going to win the replay, but I am emphatically stating that their days of cheap victories against us are most definitely over. We are now in an era where they will really have to work hard for every victory or even draw against us. That's something we couldn't always say in the past.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Over the last 30 years Hearts have: 1. outspent Hibs (with money they didn't have) and 2. been able to develop a winning mentality in derbies, (partly due to the bounceback and the subsequent traction from the 7-0 humiliation).

I'm not suggesting we are necessarily going to win the replay, but I am emphatically stating that their days of cheap victories against us are most definitely over. We are now in an era where they will really have to work hard for every victory or even draw against us. That's something we couldn't always say in the past.
    Agree - they still have a winning-mentality from their 'Money years' but gradually that will diminish as 'Playing within their means' gradually makes it's presence felt at the PBS !. No more will they be ablt to simply go out and replace the standard of players they've become used to and when that happens, watch their attendances ......................................

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

I don't know if you caught Stubbs' post match interview but he said that "those who think Hibs are bottlers have had that shoved down their throat". Great stuff and echoes what you're saying here. A Hibs team with backbone has been long overdue

Spot on.

Today actually carried over from last season when Neilson seemed scared of us. They know this is a different Hibs now and they don't like it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I would have preferred it if they didn't have £1.5m to spend. After years of financial profligacy and their inevitable fall from grace, it's about time they had a good long spell of playing second fiddle to Edinburgh's finest.

We are now unbeaten in the last 4 derbies. Well done Stubbsy and the team.

Let's all calm down. Great last 30 minutes but I don't know if this is a seismic shift in the landscape just yet.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Let's all calm down. Great last 30 minutes but I don't know if this is a seismic shift in the landscape just yet.
    I think the thread title says one thing and the posts within the thread another.

I would say, from last year, and today that hibs are no longer rollovers in a derby.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I certainly don't think it heralds a period of dominance for us; I do think it ends the era of timid capitulation to (very often) mediocrity.