hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had him losing the first four rounds are least, but the other guy was shot.

Hope khan wins, but don't see it happening. Can't help but feel the number of UK world champions must be a record?
    11 apparently.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I had him losing the first four rounds are least, but the other guy was shot.

Hope khan wins, but don't see it happening. Can't help but feel the number of UK world champions must be a record?
    Yeah same!

Ring walks now. Khan looks really tense.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Good start by Khan. Big ask to keep this up though as Alzarez looks a beast in the middle of the ring.

Khans round imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Good start by Khan. Big ask to keep this up though as Alzarez looks a beast in the middle of the ring.

Khans round imo.
    Link?
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

Quote Originally Posted by derekHFC View Post
    Link?
    Not got one I'm afraid. Watching on Boxnation.

Khan still doing well. Alvarez looks as bad as he did against Mayweather and Lara. Always wary of that 1 big punch landing though.

@hibs.net private member derekHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Not got one I'm afraid. Watching on Boxnation.

Khan still doing well. Alvarez looks as bad as he did against Mayweather and Lara. Always wary of that 1 big punch landing though.
    No worries mate I'll get one.
    Someone once told me that hard work wouldn't kill me.

I thought: "Hell, why take the chance"!

Oooooft

Khan knocked clean out cold. Brutal right hand.

Testimonial Due
    Brutal knock out but huge respect to khan for taking that fight. He was definitely up on the scorecards but Alvarez was taking control before that KO. On to Kell Brook next.

Edit. Appears he was down on the official scorecards at the time of the KO. I gave 4 rounds to khan and 1 to canelo. It's just as well there was a stoppage as it looks like it was heading for a daylight robbery,
    Last edited by #FromTheCapital; 08-05-2016 at 11:10 AM.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Brutal knock out but huge respect to khan for taking that fight. He was definitely up on the scorecards but Alvarez was taking control before that KO. On to Kell Brook next.

Edit. Appears he was down on the official scorecards at the time of the KO. I gave 4 rounds to khan and 1 to canelo. It's just as well there was a stoppage as it looks like it was heading for a daylight robbery,
    Sure we're lucky the day light robbery never occurred then ??

Testimonial Due
    I'm glad the scorecards were redundant because they were clearly wrong leading up to the KO. Of course, had the fight lasted the distance, Canelo may have completely turned it around and rightfully won on points, we'll never know. But he sure as hell shouldn't have been up on anyone's scorecard at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    I'm glad the scorecards were redundant because they were clearly wrong leading up to the KO. Of course, had the fight lasted the distance, Canelo may have completely turned it around and rightfully won on points, we'll never know. But he sure as hell shouldn't have been up on anyone's scorecard at that point.
    One of the judges had Canelo up in 4 rounds! So evidently Khan was never really going to be allowed to win anyway.

The only way Khan was winning last night was bu KO and that was unlikely.

Golden Boys star man was never losing in front of thousands of Mexican fans on Cinco de Mayo weekend.

Talk of Alvarez and GGG this Autumn. Anyone know if this will happen? In Vegas in the middle of October, if it's on that week I'm going!

Did anyone see the chisora fight? Now that was a funny scored card!

Did anyone see the chisora fight? Now that was a funny scored card!
    The judge in that one has previous.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    One of the judges had Canelo up in 4 rounds! So evidently Khan was never really going to be allowed to win anyway.
    It's ridiculous that this kind of thing happens as often as it does in the professional sport of boxing. More should be done to stop it when it's so blatantly obvious what's going on. It is subjective, but honestly there's no excuse for giving any rounds to canelo barring the 5th.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Talk of Alvarez and GGG this Autumn. Anyone know if this will happen? In Vegas in the middle of October, if it's on that week I'm going!
    Hope so, biggest fight in boxing at the moment. There's no telling exactly when it'll be though.

There seems to be a problem getting the fight made as Canelo wants all his fights to be at catch weight of 155 whereas the middleweight limit is 160. I'm sure they'll work through it and get the fight made, too much money at stake.

@hibs.net private member brythehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Hope so - I'm in Vegas from the 17th of October! Would be amazing if there was a big fight on at the weekend I'm there. Was unlucky a couple of years ago as we went just after Mayweather v Maidaina fight. Would be unreal to catch a big fight over there.

Quote Originally Posted by brythehibby View Post
    Hope so - I'm in Vegas from the 17th of October! Would be amazing if there was a big fight on at the weekend I'm there. Was unlucky a couple of years ago as we went just after Mayweather v Maidaina fight. Would be unreal to catch a big fight over there.
    Snap! That's when I'm there!

That's two folk who'll be posting "where can I watch the Hubs game in Vegas this week" thread!

17th September for Canelo vs GGG
    This coming from the guy who said wave 2 was starting tonight though so take it with a pinch of salt haha.

Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    17th September for Canelo vs GGG
    This coming from the guy who said wave 2 was starting tonight though so take it with a pinch of salt haha.
    He might be right, I reckon that's the weekend reserved in Vegas for big fights alogn with the Mexican weekend that Alvarez and Khan just fought in