hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a clue if I'm honest. I'm not sure of the rules and regs of such things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Basically personal info should not be shared with other organisations without your approval. I doubt many will have an issue with it but it's the sort of thing that should be covered.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Basically personal info should not be shared with other organisations without your approval. I doubt many will have an issue with it but it's the sort of thing that should be covered.
    We can confirm that the Club have the matter in hand are are in the process of dealing with this. You may recall that we said at the time that points would be added on or after 1/2/16. We understand that the points will be on accounts before they are needed for any upcoming games.

Just to clarify a couple of points;

We provided the Club with the names of all of those who met the criteria. There was not an exact match because in some cases Members have used slightly different names or initials compared to the data held by the Club or indeed a different email address. Where this happened we sought clarity from our Members by asking for Client Reference numbers. We have now provided these to the Club.

In terms of Data Protection we will not share any information with any third party. The Football Club do not fall into this category as we have a legal agreement with the Club and our Articles require that our Members names are identified and indeed on public record, as with any such organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    We can confirm that the Club have the matter in hand are are in the process of dealing with this. You may recall that we said at the time that points would be added on or after 1/2/16. We understand that the points will be on accounts before they are needed for any upcoming games.

We provided the Club with the names of all of those who met the criteria. There was not an exact match because in some cases Members have used slightly different names or initials compared to the data held by the Club or indeed a different email address. Where this happened we sought clarity from our Members by asking for Client Reference numbers. We have now provided these to the Club.

In terms of Data Protection we will not share any information with any third party. The Football Club do not fall into this category as we have a legal agreement with the Club and our Articles require that our Members names are identified and indeed on public record, as with any such organisation.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

can you clarify that last bit, please? HSL members are not shareholders, so I am not sure what public record they would be on.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    can you clarify that last bit, please? HSL members are not shareholders, so I am not sure what public record they would be on.
    Yes of course.

HSL is a Company limited by guarantee, but a Company none the less. For Companies limited by Capital the proof of ownership document is the Share Certificate. For Companies limited by Guarantee the proof of ownership document is the Membership Certificate. Companies limited by Guarantee are required to provide a list of their owners ( in our case Members ) to Companies House each year when we submit our Annual Return just like any other Company.

I trust this clarifies this but do email info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk if you have any further questions.

Yes of course.

HSL is a Company limited by guarantee, but a Company none the less. For Companies limited by Capital the proof of ownership document is the Share Certificate. For Companies limited by Guarantee the proof of ownership document is the Membership Certificate. Companies limited by Guarantee are required to provide a list of their owners ( in our case Members ) to Companies House each year when we submit our Annual Return just like any other Company.

I trust this clarifies this but do email info@hiberniansupporters.co.uk if you have any further questions.
    Not all companies have to submit a full list of members with their Annual Return. Most small ones don't.

Wasn't aware that Guarantee companies are required to do so, but thanks for clarifying.

EDIT.

According to Jordan's (company registration agents) there is no record at Companies House for guarantee members. There is no form to file when someone becomes a member, and members are not listed on the annual return for a guarantee company. Therefore the only public record of members for a guarantee company will be the Register of Members which can be inspected at the company's registered office address.

I have also asked Companies House for their opinion.

I do a couple of Guarantee companies AR's every year. Can't ever remember being asked for a list of members.

In any event, the Register of Members requirement, as Jordan's state, is the public record.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 04-02-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Can the HSL rep post on this thread when they think everyone who qualifies for the 100 points has had them added to their account. Then, if mine haven't appeared I can take it up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNibs View Post
    Can the HSL rep post on this thread when they think everyone who qualifies for the 100 points has had them added to their account. Then, if mine haven't appeared I can take it up with them.
    Yep, getting worried about this now, I understand there can be technical issues but Feb 2nd was scheduled since November so should have any issues ironed out before now.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    it's only the 4th feb, give them a chance if they are adding them in alphabetical order it could be another week for moi, then i'l start asking Q's :)

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNibs View Post
    They have already quoted above that the matter is now in the hands of the club and the points will be added before points are needed again

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    it's only the 4th feb, give them a chance if they are adding them in alphabetical order it could be another week for moi, then i'l start asking Q's :)
    Let me know what you find out from the Q's. I'm an R myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Let me know what you find out from the Q's. I'm an R myself.
    Can i have a P, please, Bob?

@hibs.net private member MountcastleHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CBacke
    Quote Originally Posted by alexhibs View Post
    I e-mailed them and had a quick response to say they process applications at end of each month so it will be done as long as they have your completed form👍
    I'm not entirely sure I ever had a form after the initial online application to sign up. Where would I get this?
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    I'm not entirely sure I ever had a form after the initial online application to sign up. Where would I get this?
    HSL send one out to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    I'm giving them all the time they need. I'm just asking them to say 'OK we're finished' so that anyone who thinks they should have got them and hasn't can give them a shout.

@hibs.net private member
    Can HSL answer why we have complete a form to get our membership certificates? Surely HSL know when the £225 had been reached by each monthly contributor? My concerns are that without the certificates and people not getting them will have a detrimental effect on retaining and recruiting future donators.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    HSL send one out to you.
    After you've paid the full £225 or after you first apply? I can't remember receiving one, and my last payment was made a month a go and not received one.
    You found your God in a paper back, you get your history from the Union Jack, and all your brothers and sisters have gone and they won't come back.

Can you reply to my email please?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Can HSL answer why we have complete a form to get our membership certificates? Surely HSL know when the £225 had been reached by each monthly contributor? My concerns are that without the certificates and people not getting them will have a detrimental effect on retaining and recruiting future donators.
    Lucky

There are a number of regulations that govern us and indeed some have tax implications. The advice we received at the time suggested that we seek a very clear statement from contributors to show that they are clearly choosing to be a member of the Organisation (HSL) rather than simply make a donation. We realise that may sound a little silly but we of course took the legal advice given, thus the need for an affirmative statement in the form of an Application Form.

The Go Cardless software does not provide Management Information that shows when a regular donator has reached the £225 threshold. We can examine individual entries and of course we do that prior to issuing Membership. You may recall that when contributors initially join via Go Cardless they receive a Thank You message which does ask members to submit their Application Form when the limit has been reached.

Finally, can I confirm that the HSL Board meet at the end of each month to review and approve all Applications received that month. It takes about one week to then have the Certificates printed.

I hope this helps.

HSL

Gamer IDs

Lucky

There are a number of regulations that govern us and indeed some have tax implications. The advice we received at the time suggested that we seek a very clear statement from contributors to show that they are clearly choosing to be a member of the Organisation (HSL) rather than simply make a donation. We realise that may sound a little silly but we of course took the legal advice given, thus the need for an affirmative statement in the form of an Application Form.

The Go Cardless software does not provide Management Information that shows when a regular donator has reached the £225 threshold. We can examine individual entries and of course we do that prior to issuing Membership. You may recall that when contributors initially join via Go Cardless they receive a Thank You message which does ask members to submit their Application Form when the limit has been reached.

Finally, can I confirm that the HSL Board meet at the end of each month to review and approve all Applications received that month. It takes about one week to then have the Certificates printed.

I hope this helps.

HSL
    Helps me definitely. I have scoured my email and don't have one with a form attached to it. Either deleted it accidentally or never received one.

Lucky

The Go Cardless software does not provide Management Information that shows when a regular donator has reached the £225 threshold. We can examine individual entries and of course we do that prior to issuing Membership. You may recall that when contributors initially join via GoCardless they receive a Thank You message which does ask members to submit their Application Form when the limit has been reached.

I hope this helps.

HSL

i just started paying via paypal, 3 monthly payments have came off but like others i can't remember receiving any application form after my first monthly 'donation'

@hibs.net private member
    Lucky

I hope this helps.

HSL
    Thanks, having direct answers on here certainly clears everything up and hopefully encourage more to join. I now just need to go through my bank statements to fine out when I joined😄

@hibs.net private member
    Can one of admins not post a sticky with the PDF form to download from here ?

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    Lucky

I hope this helps.

HSL
    I remain somewhat confused by this response Official HSL. In my case I joined HSL just prior to the deadline for the 100 points bonus. Several other fellow Hibees joined at the same time. I paid the full £225 in a single payment, making me, by my understanding of HSL rules, a full member. I have received no certificate. My account has not been credited with any points. I have PM'd Leithen Hibby a couple of times and he has responded saying that it is in hand.

Your post above says that the HSL Board meet at the end of each month to approve applications and that certificates follow in one week. Sorry but not an accurate response unless my application has been rejected?

As my CC statement says the money went to HSL, I assume that my application is somewhere in the system. I was happy to join HSL in addition to also being an individual share holder as both help with investment in the team, but it is confusing that almost 3 months later, nothing has arrived officially from HSL. I suspect that there are many others in the same boat. Can I please ask HSL to sort these discrepancies out ASAP. Please note my share certificate from HFC arrived safely and all details submitted to HSL, match all my records with the club.

I look forward to hearing from HSL soon. GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Hibby View Post
    I remain somewhat confused by this response Official HSL. In my case I joined HSL just prior to the deadline for the 100 points bonus. Several other fellow Hibees joined at the same time. I paid the full £225 in a single payment, making me, by my understanding of HSL rules, a full member. I have received no certificate. My account has not been credited with any points. I have PM'd Leithen Hibby a couple of times and he has responded saying that it is in hand.

Your post above says that the HSL Board meet at the end of each month to approve applications and that certificates follow in one week. Sorry but not an accurate response unless my application has been rejected?

As my CC statement says the money went to HSL, I assume that my application is somewhere in the system. I was happy to join HSL in addition to also being an individual share holder as both help with investment in the team, but it is confusing that almost 3 months later, nothing has arrived officially from HSL. I suspect that there are many others in the same boat. Can I please ask HSL to sort these discrepancies out ASAP. Please note my share certificate from HFC arrived safely and all details submitted to HSL, match all my records with the club.

I look forward to hearing from HSL soon. GGTTH
    Thanks Official HSL and Leithen Hibby for PM's. I appreciate your quick responses. GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by MountcastleHibs View Post
    After you've paid the full £225 or after you first apply? I can't remember receiving one, and my last payment was made a month a go and not received one.
    I received an e Mail on 16/12/15 asking about continuing my direct debit and the application form was attached ok bud

Thanks Official HSL and Leithen Hibby for PM's. I appreciate your quick responses. GGTTH
    Great follow up from HSL today, resolving mix up. Really appreciated by this Hibby.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Great follow up from HSL today, resolving mix up. Really appreciated by this Hibby.
    Guys is there a "non personal" reply to this that could be shared? ..... I'm in the exact same boat, I was waiting on a general response to save you doing multiple replies!

GGTTH!

Just noticed HSL have gone above 7.5%. Well done everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just received a an e-mail from HSL the now, they are e-mailing everyone tomorrow if they don't have full details/client reference etc about you, so...if you DO NOT receive an e-mail from them tomorrow i'm guessing it means that they have all the details and points will be getting added over the coming week little bit patience
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 06-02-2016 at 08:41 PM.