Worth a listen.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Worth a listen.
    Changed my thoughts on his short term role at Hibs, really wants to play

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Has he been tae Stokesy & Leigh's barber?

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Is the interviewer new? He seems pretty nervous! a lot of eh's. Good interview, KT does seem sincere and obviously has a lot of respect for the club. Glad to have him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam89 View Post
    Is the interviewer new? He seems pretty nervous! a lot of eh's. Good interview, KT does seem sincere and obviously has a lot of respect for the club. Glad to have him back.
    I really struggle to listen to the interviewer, I hate knocking people, but i'm not sure he's cut out for that role.
    I've lost interest before the end of the last few interviews I've watched.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    He spoke very well in hospitality after Saturday's match too. You'd not have found anyone with less time for him than myself after the way he left first time round but as I've got older and realised just how much of an erse everyone makes of things in your early 20's, never mind when your every move is scrutinised and twisted by the *******s in the Weejie media, I've learned to cut him plenty slack because there's no doubt he's one of us again
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Great to hear KT wanting to be here and earn a longer stay. I think he is going to be a very good signing good to be around the club.
    What's the story with the interviewer though........

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Plenty of figures in Scottish football for whom the "eh" creeps in. Give the boy a chance. Imagine if you're new to the gig or perhaps a fan who's slightly "star struck"?
    It was noticeable but Jim Leishman is a poet and articulate story teller - do you count his "eh's" or David Francies? Cos they've used a few in their time....
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    Fink he is.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He spoke very well in hospitality after Saturday's match too. You'd not have found anyone with less time for him than myself after the way he left first time round but as I've got older and realised just how much of an erse everyone makes of things in your early 20's, never mind when your every move is scrutinised and twisted by the *******s in the Weejie media, I've learned to cut him plenty slack because there's no doubt he's one of us again

Well said. A lot of young players who have money and adulation thrown at them just don't know how to handle it. They are easily manipulated by the many sharks in the game who see a chance to make a quick buck.

Infuriating when it's one of your own, all the same, but time is a great healer.

Welcome back Katie, even if you did behave like a spoilt wee brat all those years ago.

Come on man, he's not going to say "I'm disappointed to be back" is he?

He's not the answer or even a short term good signing.

Hair is good though.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Most of these interviews are pretty pointless. The interviewer can't ask the questions he really wants to ask (eg. How much of a c*** was TB/MP) and the interviewee can't give real answers (eg. Yeah - TB/MP were total c****s).

The interviewer sounds like Cliff's Hibs TV sidekick. I like him - he doesn't put on any airs and graces but remains pretty articulate and speaks more sense than our main commentator.

IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Fink he is.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Edson Arantes View Post
    Come on man, he's not going to say "I'm disappointed to be back" is he?

He's not the answer or even a short term good signing.

Hair is good though.
    I'm sure AS thinks otherwise

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Hi everyone,

It's the interviewer, John, here and I just want to thank everyone for their constructive criticism. Coming from a predominantly print and online media background, I accept that I have a few things to work on in terms of broadcast. It may not be perfect now, or indeed ever, but I will also try my best and work hard to improve. The only thing I can't change is the pronunciation of 'th', so I end up saying 'fought' as opposed to 'thought', even years of speech therapy couldn't help that, but it thankfully cured my lisp.

For those of you who want to know my background, I have gained a lot of experience despite being relatively young. I was a volunteer in the Hibs TV/Media team, filling in a number of roles for three years. I also covered the Development Squad for the Evening News and various other tidbits for them and the Scotsman. I have covered a USA game away to Holland, interviewing people like Jürgen Klinsmann, and had experience working at the Guardian just after I graduated. I've done a small amount of work for Forth One too, covering games involving local teams.

Like I said, I'm always looking for feedback and I'm always seeking to improve. I feel I get the content that people need to hear and know, but understand my delivery on camera is not the best. With Thomson I did talk to him about various things, including his last spell.

Whenever you read the programme, watch an interview or read a web article, comment on it. Part of growing as a professional is to learn your faults and work on them.

Thanks for all your support and feedback.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's the interviewer, John, here and I just want to thank everyone for their constructive criticism. Coming from a predominantly print and online media background, I accept that I have a few things to work on in terms of broadcast. It may not be perfect now, or indeed ever, but I will also try my best and work hard to improve. The only thing I can't change is the pronunciation of 'th', so I end up saying 'fought' as opposed to 'thought', even years of speech therapy couldn't help that, but it thankfully cured my lisp.

For those of you who want to know my background, I have gained a lot of experience despite being relatively young. I was a volunteer in the Hibs TV/Media team, filling in a number of roles for three years. I also covered the Development Squad for the Evening News and various other tidbits for them and the Scotsman. I have covered a USA game away to Holland, interviewing people like Jürgen Klinsmann, and had experience working at the Guardian just after I graduated. I've done a small amount of work for Forth One too, covering games involving local teams.

Like I said, I'm always looking for feedback and I'm always seeking to improve. I feel I get the content that people need to hear and know, but understand my delivery on camera is not the best. With Thomson I did talk to him about various things, including his last spell.

Whenever you read the programme, watch an interview or read a web article, comment on it. Part of growing as a professional is to learn your faults and work on them.

GGTTH

Good on you Buddy! Keep up the good work, it's getting better all the time...

Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    Good stuff, John. Keep at it pal
    This is how it feels

Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    Thanks for the context you give people like myself who are too quick too criticise without thinking we all learn and develop as we go. Good luck with the role and for your work in promoting our club.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Fink he is.
    Bet you feel like a bit of a dick now.

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStephens91 View Post
    Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    Keep it up mate.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

You can't say fairer than that then.

GGTTH
    Good stuff. Keep up the good work - as I posted before, I think you're doing a fine job.

Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    Good on you mate.
    You will be learning all the time and will continue to improve. Keep it up 👍🏻

Testimonial Due
    Hi everyone,

It's the interviewer, John, here..........
    I'm sure with that attitude and willingness to learn you will do more than alright for yourself.
    All the best!

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    Good on you John

Everyday is a school day!........... and it's only for the rest of your life

Hi everyone,

GGTTH

Well done bud, I thought you did well enough, so keep up the good work.

I do internet radio djing and my first few shows were a right mess, hesitation, forgetting what I was going to say but after 3 years at it now, I feel as if I do it fairly professionally to a certain extent, well the 2-3 hundred listeners I get seem to be happy enough with it.

Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    For what it's worth, I think you're doing a sick job man! Keep it up. Its good to see Hibs media team doing well and engaging with the fans!

Quote Originally Posted by InterviewLoI View Post
    For what it's worth, I think you're doing a sick job man! Keep it up. Its good to see Hibs media team doing well and engaging with the fans!
    A sick job. That's a compliment nowadays.

Wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    A sick job. That's a compliment nowadays.

Wicked.
    I wouldn't say its wicked now, he's not quite there yet. Tom Zanelli was radical

Hi everyone,

GGTTH
    Good for you on coming on here and responding. I think you could probably have a decent career in diplomacy, if you wanted it. Your restraint is amazing!