hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paul Hanlon

Paul for me is the best defender in this division and would be high on the list for the premiership too. Im a great admirer of him and really hope Paul either stays at the club for the entirety of his career or gets his big move that he would be so deserving off. Preter the former option though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And Hearts last year, and Rangers, and Aberdeen and Dundee United in cups! He has strolled it against the lot of them, your Sow's, Zeefuik's, Miller, Boyd, Rooney etc have all come up against Hanlon and he has not looked out of place against any of them!
    best player we have at Easter Rd.

After the rank teams he's had the misfortune to have to put up with, I hope he gets his moment in the sun with this one

I love Paul hanlon! Today he just completely bossed it. So unlucky not to score at least one.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    He deserves a decent contract offer from Hibs. Would be gutted to lose him. Classy defender.

He is playing in the championship, I'm not sure the high praise is that warranted for a player who was often found wanting, sometimes badly in a poor SPL. Ill reserve judgement when he is playing top flight football next season. Agree he is having a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    He is playing in the championship, I'm not sure the high praise is that warranted for a player who was often found wanting, sometimes badly in a poor SPL. Ill reserve judgement when he is playing top flight football next season. Agree he is having a good season.
    If he had stayed fit in a "poor SPL" we might not have been relegated.
    How do you think McGinn, Henderson etc are doing in the championship or do you judge them by different rules than Hanlon.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    He was rarely found wanting in our last top flight season.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    First class again today. He is a cracking player, don't really see a weakness in his game at the moment.
    Completely agree. Superb again.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If he had stayed fit in a "poor SPL" we might not have been relegated.
    How do you think McGinn, Henderson etc are doing in the championship or do you judge them by different rules than Hanlon.
    Hanlon has been our player for many season and I watched him through all these, my comments were not just about 1 season. This thread is about Hanlon

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Was injured for the vast majority of our horrendous slide towards relegation that season.

Boys a Hibee, he ain't going nowhere, class act, Stubbs knows

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    For anyone who watched Paul play at age group and be promoted ahead and make his debut all that time ago and then settle into being a first-team regular, it's great isn't it

Like Lewis, we have had the enjoyment of watching them grow and learn. They are far better players now than when they made their debut, how good is it to see that?

I think we could buy a team at ridiculous expense and Hanlon and Stevenson would fit into it because they are both technically good and their attitude is spot-on and they would develop to the level around them.

I love the fact they are both settled picks for the first team.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Absolutely strolled it today
    fantastic . was a critic, and put him and wee Lewis in the same bracket a couple of tears ago, they need to move on. now eat humble pie, and both were immense against the buddies.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Think he has really improved over the last few years. Just looks like a natural leader out there. Could and should have scored yesterday but overall, a very solid professional performance by Paul.

Plus with Alan Stubbs being a former CB himself, I think Paul has picked up a couple of tips from him and really reaping the benefits. Hope we get him on a new deal soon as no doubt other clubs will be monitoring him since his contract is expiring at the end of the season.

Clueless

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Clueless
    PH's biggest problem in the past was covering for inadequate team mates and therefore not being able to concentrate on his game.

He now plays alongside players that do their job allow PH to now concentrate on his own game.

We are now reaping the benefits of proper coaching and good players playing alongside him.

Got bullied off the ball a couple of time and should have bagged himself a goal with one of those free headers, otherwise he was magnificent

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think he's a tremendous player. When you think of some of the centre half a we've had over the past 5 or so years you realise how lucky we are to have him!

Cue a story (lie) appearing in the Sun (Hun) linking Paul Hanlon with a move to the Ibrox club...

Apart from his ability as a defender I really like what he offers us at set-pieces. His movement is good and he is sneakier than some of our strikers when it comes to taking up good positions to get on the end of balls into the box.

And unlike Fontaine you'd normally back him to hit the target when he gets on the end of them.

Left by mutual consent! Stuarty27's Avatar
    His tackle in the first half in front of the east was tremendous.

Class player

Has improved so much since his weak days at left back, stronger, leading by example and a future captain. Potentially be at Hibs all his days and would be happy to see him do so. Saying that he's out of contract. New 3 year deals please Stubbs.

He was absolutley fantastic yesterday, defensively and with the ball at his feet starting attacks.

One of his main attributes is his reading of the game, the amount of times he reads a pass and manages to stop the attack before it becomes serious is unreal.

suprised another team haven't tried to sign him, would be a very good signing for aberdeen. Can't see them affording him though

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuarty27 View Post
    His tackle in the first half in front of the east was tremendous.

Class player
    He was over like a torpedo and absolutely hammered the st mirren boy. Beautiful challenge

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    He was absolutley fantastic yesterday, defensively and with the ball at his feet starting attacks.

One of his main attributes is his reading of the game, the amount of times he reads a pass and manages to stop the attack before it becomes serious is unreal.

suprised another team haven't tried to sign him, would be a very good signing for aberdeen. Can't see them affording him though
    Is he not available for nowt at the end of this season?

His passing out of defence is very good. He's maturing into a fine footballer.

Is he out of contract at the end of the season?

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thought he was good but still a couple of slips.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    He was total class yesterday and has been all season. Always so strong in the tackle, reads the game so well and passes a ball with the next two passes in mind. Whilst I hope we keep him, I would like to see Paul get a good move and earn the sort of money that his loyalty deserves.