hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Ascot Races

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

Ascot Races

Heading to Ascot Races in September.
    Anyone been ? Going to go for Premier Admission tickets which are the dearest without going for hospitality. Seem cheap at £35 as normally pay £50 for County Stand in York. What is the best bar to head for and how far in advance of the first race should we aim to get there?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I've only been once for a NH Meeting in Nov '98, well worth a visit though. Theres nae shortage of bars so getting a bevvy won't be a problem.

I'm sure Premier gives you access to what is the royal enclosure at the royal meeting as well as the general grandstand admission areas.

Ascot is worth seeing, loads of bars etc and the grandstand is huge, however it's been built with coporate etc in mind more than the ordinary punter. You have made the right choice avoiding the royal meeting which is ridiculously up itself with the dress code and needing proposed to gain entry to certain enclosures and so on.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    When i lived down south, my ex wives company used to run a bus to royal ascot every year. It was fantastic, by the time the racing started i couldn't pick my nose never mind a horse.

She worked for Crest Hotels, and we'd have a champagne reception about 9am, then on the coach around 10 with a full bar.

Then we'd arrive around 11ish and set the tables and chairs out the back and have lunch, with more liquid.

Once we were next to a bus that pulled a piano out and they had a much better spread than us, well we just turned our chairs round a bit and partied with them.

Lobster and i kid you not caviar, plus more champagne, wine and whatever you fancied meant by the time the racing started i was wasted.

The crowds are huge, and there are brass bands and all sorts to see during the day. And honestly the woman make a real effort to look good, spotted quite a few lovely filly's.

@hibs.net private member hibbymick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When i lived down south, my ex wives company used to run a bus to royal ascot every year. It was fantastic, by the time the racing started i couldn't pick my nose never mind a horse.

She worked for Crest Hotels, and we'd have a champagne reception about 9am, then on the coach around 10 with a full bar.

Then we'd arrive around 11ish and set the tables and chairs out the back and have lunch, with more liquid.

Once we were next to a bus that pulled a piano out and they had a much better spread than us, well we just turned our chairs round a bit and partied with them.

Lobster and i kid you not caviar, plus more champagne, wine and whatever you fancied meant by the time the racing started i was wasted.

The crowds are huge, and there are brass bands and all sorts to see during the day. And honestly the woman make a real effort to look good, spotted quite a few lovely filly's.

YOU WASTED?? naw surely not