hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Stokes

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've got the final say on whether Anier goes back to utd or not.
    That's what I mean HC - if we land Stokes we may send Anier back to Mixu - I'd be cartwheeling if we did get Stokes for the run in to be honest.

2. Log in to remove the advert

[/B]

I'd take that!
    No. I'm not sure we should make a habit of selling our best players to Celtic for knock down prices by being given a bone of a unwanted or loan player.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    No. I'm not sure we should make a habit of selling our best players to Celtic for knock down prices by being given a bone of a unwanted or loan player.

750k is hardly a knockdown price. How much do you think Cummings is worth?

Left by mutual consent!
    Heard we've been told no in the persuit of Stokes on loan. Looks to be on his way to ICT although Leeds and Cardiff are also interested but haven't made contact with Celtic.

750k is hardly a knockdown price. How much do you think Cummings is worth?
    No danger they would pay 750k. It would be likely to be Stokes on loan and an undisclosed fee.

Would prefer to keep Jason or sell him for proper money down south if we had to. I saw him in the independent newspaper this morning labelled as one of the UK's most desired young players in this transfer window. His stock is high outside Scotland now.

Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    Heard we've been told no in the persuit of Stokes on loan. Looks to be on his way to ICT although Leeds and Cardiff are also interested but haven't made contact with Celtic.
    Who did you hear that from?

No danger they would pay 750k. It would be likely to be Stokes on loan and an undisclosed fee.

Would prefer to keep Jason or sell him for proper money down south if we had to. I saw him in the independent newspaper this morning labelled as one of the UK's most desired young players in this transfer window. His stock is high outside Scotland now.
    Indeed, know Rotherham, Brighton and Wolves have had him looked at, there will be others (Leeds maybe), his stock is high and as AS said, it would need to be a considerable bid to even be discussed........
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Stubbs like all managers will wheel and deal.

Feruz looks like he is going. We have already brought in a striker

Stubbs has option on Anier but might wait until last minute if he thinks he can get Stokes and if he can he would release Anier back to United assuming player ok with this (it's his parent club who want him back so you would expect so)

Cummings being sold might change things with Anier but I would expect some investment (real cash) spent on a replacement

Left by mutual consent!
    Who did you hear that from?
    Celtic supporting pal that has good info. Seemingly didn't fancy coming to us.

Just been told stokes is going to ict, done deal apparently.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Hibby View Post
    Source ?

Left by mutual consent!

I honestly can't understand why he would want to go to Inverness instead of back to hibs to have a crack at the league and the Rangers.
    Strange one. Clearly the yogi factor.

Awfy cauld in Inverness.

Long drive anaw

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Awfy cauld in Inverness.

Long drive anaw
    The irony of his tweet sitting on bench at recent ICT match, I hope Yogi doesn't bench him
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    I'd take him on a loan for the rest of the season because I'm very convinced his goals would fire us to promotion and that's really all that matters to me. It's absolutely crucial.

Signing him permanently is a whole different decision. If there are off-pitch misdemeanours whilst on loan he can go back from whenst he came presumably. A permanent acquisition though - a bit risky (to say the least) on the togetherness of what sounds like an excellent dressing room at Hibs these days. I don't think it's a risk that Stubbs would take but you never know, maybe he thinks he could handle him.

Id take him. ..feruz has been a major dissapointment

Yogi connection probably

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stu in nottingham View Post
    I'd take him on a loan for the rest of the season because I'm very convinced his goals would fire us to promotion and that's really all that matters to me. It's absolutely crucial.

Signing him permanently is a whole different decision. If there are off-pitch misdemeanours whilst on loan he can go back from whenst he came presumably. A permanent acquisition though - a bit risky (to say the least) on the togetherness of what sounds like an excellent dressing room at Hibs these days. I don't think it's a risk that Stubbs would take but you never know, maybe he thinks he could handle him.
    How do you know he's still got it? He's hardly played this season.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    How do you know he's still got it? He's hardly played this season.
    Are you honestly doubting Anthony Stokes hasn't 'got it' in the Scottish leagues ?? He hardly played before he joined us last time and ripped up the league with Deek !!!

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I think it will be Stokes TC - I posted this week about a cryptic text about a Celtic player with recent Hibs connections and I wrongly thought Allan coming back - makes sense it could actually be AS we're looking at. Might depend on Feruz and Anier who knows.
    He'd score goals that's for sure mate. I'm still surprised Petrie allowing this (if true) as he wasn't the best guy in the dressing room. But maybe Stubbs can work with him like Allan.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He'd score goals that's for sure mate. I'm still surprised Petrie allowing this (if true) as he wasn't the best guy in the dressing room. But maybe Stubbs can work with him like Allan.
    I didn't think Stokes was what he was implying (by text) - I'd take him for the run in - mind, if the squad would accept him I'd take Allan - I'm sure my mate was implying Scott Allan rather than Stokes and he was bang on at each stage of the 'Allan saga'

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    With Hughes looking to take him to a third club, that must put to bed some of the stuff about him not being wanted due to being a bad influence?
    If Stokes is coming then Stubbs must feel he can work with him. As for him being a bad influence, many always say what proof? Well he was due 2 players who were first team players a lot of money, how do I know? I spoke to them many times back then. Also due few of the young lads cash but no idea who much, could be £20 could be £100 but the 2 I know of were due money into the hundreds.

For the record I think he'd be a risk but maybe a risk that could win us the league!

I didn't think Stokes was what he was implying (by text) - I'd take him for the run in - mind, if the squad would accept him I'd take Allan - I'm sure my mate was implying Scott Allan rather than Stokes and he was bang on at each stage of the 'Allan saga'
    I wouldn't touch Allan, his heart just wasn't in it at the end and he burned a few bridges here. Stokes is a huge gamble but as I just posted one that may win us the league.

Hopefully your mate is bang on again. 👍🏼

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Are you honestly doubting Anthony Stokes hasn't 'got it' in the Scottish leagues ?? He hardly played before he joined us last time and ripped up the league with Deek !!!
    He was ballistic with us. I agree.

He scored loads for Falkirk too. And plenty at Celtc. Great player.

Is he still though? He says he wants to play but why can't he get in the team?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomoseven View Post
    He was ballistic with us. I agree.

He scored loads for Falkirk too. And plenty at Celtc. Great player.

Is he still though? He says he wants to play but why can't he get in the team?
    Sometimes managers and players clash - even the world class players like Messi, Ronaldinho etc......Commons couldn't get a run in the side under Deila......personally I think the Celtic management team have a screw loose !

I'd take AS for 6 months - he could add to a great team and win us the league !

Guys a bad influence. Doesnt give a shengus about hibs but i heard we will get him. Bad news in my opinion. Billy big time. Even at celtic. The new lad will stay and move to celtic 2017, all part of a 2 year deal. Henderson back to them in the summer and allan back to us if we are still in the chumpionship. Effin hate the tims but money talks and players walk.

Just sign that lad nichols from exeter!!!!, a player!!!, anyone remember the last hibee to score straight fae a corner??? Answers on a postcard!! Lol!! I was there!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    Just sign that lad nichols from exeter!!!!, a player!!!, anyone remember the last hibee to score straight fae a corner??? Answers on a postcard!! Lol!! I was there!!
    Sparky. Though I fear the pure mention of his name on a thread regarding potential transfers may cause bedlam.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifaxhibby View Post
    I seem to recall Kano doing it? 😎