hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar

Ever been sick while driving?

I was driving home tonight from Buckingham on the M6 . While singing along to Meatloaf , I attempted the high note , failed , then spewed a wee bit into my mouth ( I know it's disgusting ) . I then started to panic about what to do and tried to open my window but then spewed all over myself and steering wheel twice.
    There was no hard shoulder due to road works so I had to keep driving while boaking with spew dripping off my chin.

Pulled into services about 3 miles later and had to change outside in the freezing cold

Anyone else suffered this and how did you deal with it ?

My car is honking .

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    I changed to Guns n Roses, worked a treat.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    I felt helpless

Quite a dodgy moment .

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I felt helpless

Quite a dodgy moment .
    Honk if you feel sick would be the appropriate roadside sign

I haven't ever spewed whilst driving but once when I was reversing into a sloped drive that is quite tight between a wall and a house a ****ing bee came in my drivers side window. I had to carry on calmly and park the car whilst it was buzzing about inches from my face.

Probably the scariest moment of my life.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post
    I haven't ever spewed whilst driving but once when I was reversing into a sloped drive that is quite tight between a wall and a house a ****ing bee came in my drivers side window. I had to carry on calmly and park the car whilst it was buzzing about inches from my face.

I was camping near Blackpool in 2014 with my son.

I must have left the car window open during the night because driving back from Blackpool to the campsite, I took a wrong turning and ended up on the Motorway, whilst I was talking my son through how to get google maps up on my phone, a moth the size of a sparrow flew right into my face while I was driving at 70mph. The thing was huge, it's wings were clicking they were so big.

No idea how I didn't crash with the initial fright I got, then had around a minute of the thing flapping around both our heads whilst I was screaming at my son to do something about it. He was useless, I had to end up keeping one eye on the road while opening the windows and it eventually got sucked out with the speed we were going.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post

I must have left the car window open during the night because driving back from Blackpool to the campsite, I took a wrong turning and ended up on the Motorway, whilst I was talking my son through how to get google maps up on my phone, a moth the size of a sparrow flew right into my face while I was driving at 70mph. The thing was huge, it's wings were clicking they were so big.

No idea how I didn't crash with the initial fright I got, then had around a minute of the thing flapping around both our heads whilst I was screaming at my son to do something about it. He was useless, I had to end up keeping one eye on the road while opening the windows and it eventually got sucked out with the speed we were going.

Could you imagine explaining that to the Police and Insurance company had you crashed, they would both think you were making up some daft excuse for not paying attention

Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post

What a nightmare! At least I was only doing about 3mph. Not sure my parent's would have approved of me reversing the car through the outside wall of the livingroom though :

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I've worked in car hire before - this should help

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Vomit-From-a-Car-Interior

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

This happened to me once when I was driving home from a dinner at night. I was lucky that I was on a quiet country road so I put down the window as I started to pull over. I just threw up out the window. Still ended up on the outside of the car but that was easier to clean up the following day.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I've worked in car hire before - this should help

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Vomit-From-a-Car-Interior
    Last year a friend of mine turned ill and was sick in my car. As it was very late I cleaned up the worst of the mess and left the real clean till the morning.
    Big mistake. It took many washes and wipes to completely get rid of the smell which eventually went after a few months.

If my taxi driver mate is ever sick in my car,I charge him :-)

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I spent 10 years cutting people out of cars on the autobahn. Believe me when I tell you that someone puking is one of the least STRANGE causes of accidents.

I once spent 3 days spewing and hopping on and off the pan after cleaning somebody elses spew in my taxi and I didn't get the £40 fouling charge off him.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    I once spent 3 days spewing and hopping on and off the pan after cleaning somebody elses spew in my taxi and I didn't get the £40 fouling charge off him.
    Those kind of folk make you sick eh?

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Those kind of folk make you sick eh?
    To be fair to him he did say he must have a bug as he'd never been sick through drink in his life as he gave me his last 4 quid and staggered the last 200 yards up the road.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Dropping joint between legs is a scary moment

I had a mate who kit himself once. Says one minute he was fine, the next minute, the world came flying out of his asp hole. Only reason we all know about it is because he wont drive anywhere now without his bucket and toilet roll lol.

Closest I got to it was about twenty years ago when I installed snooker tables. Arrived at this nice detached to install a full size table,parked on their drive,stepped out of the van and immediately chucked up the contents of my stomach after too much bevvy and kebab the night before all over the driveway at the side of the van. Rang the doorbell announced myself as snooker table fitter and asked if I could get some water as van was overheating.Swilled the driveway with hosepipe from side of house and houseowner none the wiser. Not sure if I left that table level though:-)

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I remember the story about the guy from East 17 who opened his car door to be sick whilst the car was still moving, he fell out the car and ran himself over.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I remember the story about the guy from East 17 who opened his car door to be sick whilst the car was still moving, he fell out the car and ran himself over.
    Hard to top the embarrassment factor of being in east17 but fair play to the guy he managed it well with that unintentional stunt

@hibs.net private member

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    This anecdote should be on every single thread on each of the boards as it can't be topped.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Not personally but there's videos doing the rounds on Facebook with people emptying there bowels out the window while driving along 💩😂

Mother in law told me once she was coming home from a works party opened the car window and chunndered and lost her 'false teeth' which seemingly flew out and hit the car behind them.

Had to take a week off work while she waited for a new set of falser's to be made.
    Last edited by Scottie; 18-01-2016 at 10:41 PM.

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinkydoo View Post

Hahaha, that reminds me of the time I was stopped at the lights outside Jenners, waiting to turn down past Waverley. Scorching summer day. A bee flew in the open window and I got out and ran across the road in proper girly fashion, leaving the guy I gave a lift to sitting in the passenger seat in the middle of Princes Street thinking WTF! He had to scoot over to the drivers side and stop outside the station so I could get back in. I've never been allowed to forget it 20-odd years on :

@hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Also, my ex-husband was driving some pals home after a work night out and one of them spewed from the back seat and managed to get it down one of the air vents in the front. The car stank and we couldn't use the heaters after that. He sold it the following summer.