hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would say loads of footballers also use those drugs. The insinuation from sergey was that Haye was using drugs to enhance his performance. Of all the sports I enjoy, boxing has enjoyed the cleanest reputation. I might be wrong,but I can't remember a world champion losing his title after failing a drug test.
    Roy jones failed a drug test v richard hall when champ in 2000 I think was the year,hall failed too.
    Jones kept his title..*** knows why.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I would say loads of footballers also use those drugs. The insinuation from sergey was that Haye was using drugs to enhance his performance. Of all the sports I enjoy, boxing has enjoyed the cleanest reputation. I might be wrong,but I can't remember a world champion losing his title after failing a drug test.
    Shane Moseley certainly took performance enhancing substances including EPO although claimed he did so ignorant of what he was doing.....

Brandon Rios failed a drugs test after fighting Manny Pacquiao and Kid Galahad was banned in the UK recently. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr tested positive for cannabis, Roy Jones Jr failed a drugs test but no action was taken, Richard Hall failed a test after the same fight, Antonio Tarver failed drugs tests on 2 seperate occasions, the great Pernell Whittaker had a win changed to a no contest after failing a drugs test, James Toney suffered a similar fate after beating John Ruiz in a WBA heavyweight title fight, Erik Morales failed a drugs test due to sterpid use in 2012, Andre Berto failed a drugs test although that was overtuned on appeal and Francois Botha is no longer recognised as an IBF champion after failing a drugs test after a title fight for their belt.

Whilst I wouldn't argue boxing is inherently dirty I think anyone who believe any sport at elite level is clean is deluding themselves.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Scouse - do us both a favour.

We obviously have a love/hate relationship on this messageboard. I can't agree to a lot (most) of your posts, but you do speak semi-sense on some. But, please FFS, stop trolling me from thread to thread expecting me to converse with you with curt replies.

I happen to write on doping in sport and will willingly discuss the subject with folks who are interested.

You clearly know it all.
    Sergey I'm interested in reading more about drug taking in sport - where's the best place to go? Is there forums or are there articles kicking about?

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    If ever an 'athlete' showed signs of taking drugs, Haye has got a better pair of tits than most of my previous rides.

A clear sign of HgH abuse.
    You love getting a reaction, its getting boring now

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    He didn't take a fall in the sense that he went down pretending, but i thought it looked awfully like he had his guard up, had a wee look, dropped his guard to be hit, and then Haye put him down.

Call me cynical, but I'd be very surprised if that fight didn't go to script.
    Just watched it and tbh I didn't see anything untoward. A guy who was hopelessly outclassed but not a didgy finish at that point.

He seemed to be shaky on his feet from the 1st time he got hit, took a couple of shots in that corner and covered up, threw a pitiful jab and Haye hit him with a right hand from the blind side.

I don't think there was any way Haye was losing that fight but he needed/needs rounds to shift ring rust and I can't see what benefit it was to him to have someone agree to lose too early.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Testimonial Due
    Be interesting to see who Haye fights next. There's no point in fighting another bum and its a certainty that him and AJ will square off at some point this year, assuming they both win their fights in the interim. Haye needs some rounds and an opportunity to show he can still box at a decent level before he steps in the ring with Joshua. Perhaps a fight against Dillian Whyte would be his best bet. A victory against Whyte would tee up the Joshua fight perfectly, although I think Whyte is out of action until summer which could pose a problem.

Testimonial Due
    Haye fighting at the O2 again in May. Opponent not named yet.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    Will it be on Dave again?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Will it be on Dave again?
    After his performance in the last fight I believe BBC Alba have shown interest.

Quote Originally Posted by #FromTheCapital View Post
    They should give me a call. I'm not doing anything in May and cant be any worse than the last guy.

Rumour is his next opponent could be either Shannon Briggs or Dillian Whyte.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Rumour is his next opponent could be either Shannon Briggs or Dillian Whyte.
    Lets go champ