hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Anier

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not suggesting he can be recalled without our say so and as for your monthly car hire anology,I wouldn't have it sitting outside my house broken and unable to be used for part of the hire either.
    In which case I don't understand your point about sporting integrity - if Anier is still in Stubbs's plans we should keep him as agreed if he's not we let him return.

As with most analogies the hire car one only goes so far. The fact remains that all parties agreed to the arrangement and the fact that it it now appears to be inconvenient for United is unfortunate but has nothing to do with sporting integrity (IMO).

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm not suggesting he can be recalled without our say so and as for your monthly car hire anology,I wouldn't have it sitting outside my house broken and unable to be used for part of the hire either.
    For what's it's worth I get what your saying mate. I think If they want him and he's not to fussed then Hibs should fire him back and look for better as he's not exactly getting much game time anyway.

But if he wants to stay and Hibs want him then after thinking about it I'd tell Utd that he's staying until the season finishes. One thing though it may turn any future transfers with them sour.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    For what's it's worth I get what your saying mate. I think If they want him and he's not to fussed then Hibs should fire him back and look for better as he's not exactly getting much game time anyway.

But if he wants to stay and Hibs want him then after thinking about it I'd tell Utd that he's staying until the season finishes. One thing though it may turn any future transfers with them sour.
    Cheers your first paragraph is exactly what I was talking about. Various reasons why we shouldn't from lots of folk who are entitled to their opinions also. I know this is not what some people agree with but in my eyes sometimes you have to do what you feel is the right thing regardless of circumstances.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers your first paragraph is exactly what I was talking about. Various reasons why we shouldn't from lots of folk who are entitled to their opinions also. I know this is not what some people agree with but in my eyes sometimes you have to do what you feel is the right thing regardless of circumstances.

From what I've read previously about loan arrangements there is a fairly standard form which covers the length of the loan and the % of the wage paid by each club. Any recall or termination agreements are discussed and added as amendments so I think you will find that Mixu meant that United made an error by not including any recall terms. The loaning club have the initial responsibility to draft the agreement so it would seem that United weren't fussed over it. I think this is the error Mixu refers to and not that someone "forgot". Therefore to suggest that United hold some sort of moral ground is fundamentally wrong. They thought they wouldn't need him and now Mixu thinks they do - they made an error of judgement.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 06-01-2016 at 03:45 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    So you are saying we should have returned him when he got injured and broken the contract then as it didn't suit us any more? That is real "sporting integrity".

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    OK, my take on the sporting integrity debate:

Hibs took Anier on a season-long loan for a reason - that means that he is a part of our manager's plans for the whole season. Likewise, Dundee United were happy to release him for the whole season (I don't believe for a minute that they forgot to put a recall clause in). We didn't buy him but we contracted his services for the whole of the period agreed - I suspect there was an element of try before you buy about the whole deal and if Hibs had been willing to take the player on permanently straight away United would have let him go for a price and then there would have been no question of a recall. Argylehibby's analogy is good IMO, but to raise another one, if you hire a car for a month you don't expect it to be recalled halfway through.

Hibs can't be expected to legislate for Dundee United's current problems - they are moving the goalposts, not us. If there is any breach of 'sporting integrity' it's on United's part for expecting us to alter our plans for their benefit.
    Same with Islam Feruz???????

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

I don't see why anything should be 'soured'. Since our squad has been premised (to some extent anyway) on having Arnier for the year then there should be no hard feelings if we keep him.

While he hasn't played much he definitely offers something we don't otherwise have (i.e. a bustling CF) - I would as soon let them have Boyle or Keatings tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    So you are saying we should have returned him when he got injured and broken the contract then as it didn't suit us any more? That is real "sporting integrity".
    No.

In the broken car analogy you'd expect the hiring company to take the car back so in sporting integrity terms United should have offered to cancel the loan since the player was of no use to us - unless we wanted him for the full season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Same with Islam Feruz???????
    Indeed, but it's not really a case of Chelsea wanting Feruz back (they've probably got sufficient cover) more that the loan didn't work out and the recall suits all parties. If that's the case with Anier then there isn't a problem but if it's not the case then we have neither legal nor moral/sporting integrity duty to return him.

I'd argue that citing 'sporting integrity' as a reason for returning Anier is equally daft.
    Lol

Lol
    You must have deleted the relevant comment before I managed to reply.

You must have deleted the relevant comment before I managed to reply.
    Yes I thought it was insulting.

Yes I thought it was insulting.
    This might surprise you, but I've had worse.

@hibs.net private member
    No.
    Just think you are digging yourself a wee bit of a hole by stating we would be breaching "sporting integrity"..

Bottom line is that Hibs (either through Dundee Utd's incompetence or agreement) signed a deal for a player for the season with no recall clause. Their manager at the time didn't fancy him. We based our squad on having this player for the season and possibly didn't go after other targets who may have only been available until January as it didn't suit us. We wanted a player for the season - so signed Anier.

It is Dundee Utd who have moved the goalposts, not Hibs, so it follows that if there was any breach of sporting integrity it has been Dundee Utd rather than Hibs who are guilty. Personally I don't think there are any breaches. Both clubs signed a deal which suited them at the time and should stand by it.

If however it suits both clubs and the player, a return could be made.

Just think you are digging yourself a wee bit of a hole by stating we would be breaching "sporting integrity"..

Bottom line is that Hibs (either through Dundee Utd's incompetence or agreement) signed a deal for a player for the season with no recall clause. Their manager at the time didn't fancy him. We based our squad on having this player for the season and possibly didn't go after other targets who may have only been available until January as it didn't suit us. We wanted a player for the season - so signed Anier.

It is Dundee Utd who have moved the goalposts, not Hibs, so it follows that if there was any breach of sporting integrity it has been Dundee Utd rather than Hibs who are guilty. Personally I don't think there are any breaches. Both clubs signed a deal which suited them at the time and should stand by it.

I have never said we would be breaching anything! I gave my reasons for why I thought we should do it as sporting integrity.That is all.

@hibs.net private member
    I have never said we would be breaching anything! I gave my reasons for why I thought we should do it as sporting integrity.That is all.
    Surely by not following sporting integrity you are in effect breaching it?

Maybe just best to disagree on this point and leave it at that. You also have my reasons for thinking we are doing nothing wrong.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Where's the sporting integrity in wanting a player back who's been injured and we have paid since day one, and now that he's fit thinking its fine to do that?

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I've not been following this thread, but am I right in saying that Dundee United gave us an injured player so that we could nurse him back to health, whilst paying his salary, in return for him playing a few minutes for us and now they want him back?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I've not been following this thread, but am I right in saying that Dundee United gave us an injured player so that we could nurse him back to health, whilst paying his salary, in return for him playing a few minutes for us and now they want him back?
    Aye that's u pretty much up to speed mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Not really. He got injured on international duty after signing for us.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Not really. He got injured on international duty after signing for us.
    And Hibs got him fit and he then picked up another injury at EM.

Seems to me a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist with regards an average player like Anier. We've just signed Dagnall who is more than capable of stepping up and replacing him, I for one won't lose any sleep if he goes back.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Where's the sporting integrity in wanting a player back who's been injured and we have paid since day one, and now that he's fit thinking its fine to do that?
    Sporting integrity is in this instance a load of bologna as he was signed on a season long loan.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Seems to me a lot of people getting their knickers in a twist with regards an average player like Anier. We've just signed Dagnall who is more than capable of stepping up and replacing him, I for one won't lose any sleep if he goes back.
    Me neither, not seen anywhere near enough of him to form any real kind of opinion.

Not so sure it would have been incompetence on uniteds part ,think the consensus was he wasn't rated and fans weren't too bothered about him ,so they were happy to loan him out for the season .
    So whether Mixu likes it or not the balls in Hibs court and as I have said before I am confident Stubbs will do what's best for Hibs

Has he had a shot on target since signing for hibs (has feruz)

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    I don't see how you can draw that conclusion at all, but I hope you're right.

First Team Breakthrough
    Listen **** dundee united and **** mixu, they made their bed so they can lie in it. I would keep him here just so he can't play against us in the playoffs if we don't win the league.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    We've invested time and effort getting him fit and had very little game time out of him so let's keep him and get a return on our investment.

I would love for us to help Mixu out but at the end of the day Hibs come first. Their fans don't want him and he has given us a different type of presence up top which I like.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I don't see how you can draw that conclusion at all, but I hope you're right.
    What conclusion? He's no world beater and back up player at best, he knew the league and was another option for Stubbs, seemingly didn't get on with McNamara. If he stays so be it, if he goes I won't be overly concerned.