hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Guns N Roses

Guns N Roses

Getting back together. 28 world wide stadium tour and getting paid $2 million per stadium. No bad.

2. Log in to remove the advert

If they make gig 5 I'll be impressed.

So many egos in that band, Freud would have a field day.

Seen them 3 times back in the day won't miss this!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Where was it confirmed? I read yesterday they still hadnt decided

Don't think it has yet but to many to many rumours going about. Also the official website got changed after a long time to the original logo and the Facebook page changed to a live crowd scene.

I'm a big fan but hoping not, they've all moved on, and I doubt it would be long before Axl starting trying to ride roughshod over everything else.

Personally I prefer Myles Kennedy with Slash, better singer and much less of a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a big fan but hoping not, they've all moved on, and I doubt it would be long before Axl starting trying to ride roughshod over everything else.

Personally I prefer Myles Kennedy with Slash, better singer and much less of a drama queen.
    Agree with your 2nd point. MK and Slash are superb live, seen them 3 times.

Still wouldn't miss a GnR reunion if it happened though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agree with your 2nd point. MK and Slash are superb live, seen them 3 times.

Still wouldn't miss a GnR reunion if it happened though.

Yeah I'd definitely still go to a reunion if it happens 😊 Seen MK and Slash twice live, the word you used (superb) is spot on.

Yeah I'd definitely still go to a reunion if it happens 😊 Seen MK and Slash twice live, the word you used (superb) is spot on.
    What is the rumoured line up for the reunion anyway?

Axl and Slash and Duff are a given. Is it Izzy and Steven Adler or Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What is the rumoured line up for the reunion anyway?

Axl and Slash and Duff are a given. Is it Izzy and Steven Adler or Gilby Clarke and Matt Sorum?

Seen nothing much beyond Slash and Axl burying the hatchet, and as you said, the speculation suggests Duff as well. Outside of that, it's been the question everyone's asking.

Maybe be that's why it's not been announced officially yet?
    Last edited by McD; 02-01-2016 at 05:53 PM.

Read that it was Matt on drums I suppose he knows it all but would be good to see Adler on the appitite stuff.

Hopefully Izzy agrees but he seemed the sensible one who couldn't be bothered with it all.

Watched a documentary on Guns n Roses that was recently on BBC Four I think.

Great band in their day but Adler seems to be in a bad way now. Has he had a stroke? Not only that he sued them, didn't he? Not sure if he'd be welcome back.

Once heard a great story. Back in the day they had a rule that if they hadn't heard from another band member within twenty four hours they had to go looking for them in fear of something having gone wrong.

One of them, let's say it was Izzy, went missing. As a result they went searching for him. Duff took this to heart and spent an entire weekend in LA looking for his missing bandmate. Along the way he might have got intoxicated to say the least.

Duff's journey ended in a random house in LA that he sort of broke into only to be confronted by a confused Mexican housemaid who phoned the police after he crashed out on a bed.

Where was Izzy? The only place no one thought to check. His house.

Apologies if the names got muddled up but makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by LustForLeith View Post
    Watched a documentary on Guns n Roses that was recently on BBC Four I think.

Great band in their day but Adler seems to be in a bad way now. Has he had a stroke? Not only that he sued them, didn't he? Not sure if he'd be welcome back.

Once heard a great story. Back in the day they had a rule that if they hadn't heard from another band member within twenty four hours they had to go looking for them in fear of something having gone wrong.

One of them, let's say it was Izzy, went missing. As a result they went searching for him. Duff took this to heart and spent an entire weekend in LA looking for his missing bandmate. Along the way he might have got intoxicated to say the least.

Duff's journey ended in a random house in LA that he sort of broke into only to be confronted by a confused Mexican housemaid who phoned the police after he crashed out on a bed.

Where was Izzy? The only place no one thought to check. His house.

Apologies if the names got muddled up but makes me smile.
    yeah I heard that, with the added that Duff was running around town with a shotgun because he'd got it in his head that Izzy had been kidnapped by drug dealers.

yeah I heard that, with the added that Duff was running around town with a shotgun because he'd got it in his head that Izzy had been kidnapped by drug dealers.
    Because it wasn't already crazy as it was!

Would make a great film that. Wouldn't even need to be directly about Guns n Roses, a fake band could be used!

If you haven't read them Slash's Duff's and Adler's books are all excellent.