hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Watched the last episode last night. Think the whole story is a mirror of American society in that if the establishment feels threatened then it'll start circling the wagons. Deplorable.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love stuff like this.

I recommend Paradise Lost.
    Is this about the West Memphis Three?

I'm not one for complaining usually but that documentary should have had a warning attached to it for the opening scenes. Absolutely horrific. I don't know why there was a need to show what they did.

Apart from that, it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Watched the last episode last night. Think the whole story is a mirror of American society in that if the establishment feels threatened then it'll start circling the wagons. Deplorable.
    And your Kratz prediction wasn't far off!

This was online the other day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...-murderer-case

Not sure about "airtight" but will obviously depend on the specific details.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    And your Kratz prediction wasn't far off!

This was online the other day: http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...-murderer-case

Not sure about "airtight" but will obviously depend on the specific details.
    I knew he was dodgy

Hope something comes of her claim but nothing will ever make things right in this case.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by EH6 Hibby View Post
    Is this about the West Memphis Three?

I'm not one for complaining usually but that documentary should have had a warning attached to it for the opening scenes. Absolutely horrific. I don't know why there was a need to show what they did.

Apart from that, it was really good.
    That's right. There was a follow up documentary which showed even more pictures. I was in tears watching it. Very very interesting though when they got the Ex FBI forensic guy in though - basically tore the evidence to shreds.

Anyone else watched the Central Park Five? Would have been immense if they'd had been able to make it the same way/depth of Making a Murderer.

@hibs.net private member EH6 Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    That's right. There was a follow up documentary which showed even more pictures. I was in tears watching it. Very very interesting though when they got the Ex FBI forensic guy in though - basically tore the evidence to shreds.
    It's terrifying to think the real culprit(s) are still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Anyone else watched the Central Park Five? Would have been immense if they'd had been able to make it the same way/depth of Making a Murderer.
    I watched this a few weeks ago. Another case of the desire to see justice clouding people's judgement. Those poor boys had no chance.

The Thin Blue Line is a documentary on Netflix about another unbelievable case. Worth watching.

The documentary really made me think about the so-called "developed world" and their justice systems, and wondered if anything like this could take place in the UK? The documentary comes at an interesting time when there are a lot of action and protests around the black life matters campaign and when Donald Trump has recently spoke out against the Muslim faith. It is scary that the justice system is not against a specific race or religion but this blew it open to any groups or individual who may be perceived as a threat.

The sad fact is that two individuals remain in jail, with a life of misery for crimes they (likely) did not commit. One of the most infuriating parts for me was that Andrew Colborn was allowed to continue on to the second case after nothing was done about the call first time round.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeEmma View Post
    The documentary really made me think about the so-called "developed world" and their justice systems, and wondered if anything like this could take place in the UK? The documentary comes at an interesting time when there are a lot of action and protests around the black life matters campaign and when Donald Trump has recently spoke out against the Muslim faith. It is scary that the justice system is not against a specific race or religion but this blew it open to any groups or individual who may be perceived as a threat.

The sad fact is that two individuals remain in jail, with a life of misery for crimes they (likely) did not commit. One of the most infuriating parts for me was that Andrew Colborn was allowed to continue on to the second case after nothing was done about the call first time round.
    You're off your head if you don't think there's innocent people in UK jails.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeEmma View Post
    The most infuriating part for me is the phone call between Colburn and his head office clearly reading off the number plate then confirming it's a RAV4 two days before the car was officially found.

If anyone's interested in following the story this year, I believe that his appeal is up in court this week and his lawyer's twitter feed is quite a good read. She claims to have evidence of an alibi (as previously stated), but also that killers and planters have one thing in common - they both leave a mark at the scene. I read into that that she has proof of planting of evidence, most likely dna from the key or car.

Gives me the creeps but I can't help but read more!

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I spent the first couple of episodes thinking it was a made for TV series. Watching it I can't believe it actually happened , some of the interviews with Brendan Avery who has a mental age of about 10 are shocking.

I would say it's the best viewing on TV since the Sopranos.
    Some good news concerning Brendan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37066686

Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post

Seen this and thought finally. This boy should never have been tried on the evidence he gave. He should have had an adult with him and he was coerced into thinking he would be let off if he told them what they wanted.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by BS44 View Post

Delighted that Brendan will finally get to go home and watch Wrestlemania.