hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Games.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's 90 mins condensed into 10 mins of highlights
    Not being a sky subscriber I find MOTD an enjoyable watch even if it is only high lights.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    At Newcastle watching similar fare to what you would have seen at Easter Road two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    At Newcastle watching similar fare to what you would have seen at Easter Road two years ago.
    Cisse playing the Steven Fletcher role. **** scared to use his right foot.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

1-0 Newcastle. Big defelction. Just about deserved.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    1-0 Newcastle. Big defelction. Just about deserved.
    Pleasing.

How do you tag people on here?

ScouseHibee.

Sturridge just about puts it out for a throw in when played through. Not quite Tam McManus v Niemi but not great.

Moreno scores the goal of his career, yard onside, flagged off. Poor decision but I'll take it.

Dont think he was trying to score, should've counted though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Moreno scores the goal of his career, yard onside, flagged off. Poor decision but I'll take it.
    Even more pleasing.

2-0 get the **** in.

Well deserved, not great football but every player is out on their feet from the effort that they have put in.

Newcastle 2-0 Liverpool

Really, really pleasing.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    First non-friendly Newcastle game I've been to and a damn good one.

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    First non-friendly Newcastle game I've been to and a damn good one.
    First time at St james's park and had a great time. First half wasn't great but really opened up second half. Disappointed with Liverpool but the noise when Newcastle scored... unbelievable! Well impressed with that and the stadium. Soft spot for Liverpool but went along as a neutral as just enjoy watching football and will definitely be back there for another game!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Dont think he was trying to score, should've counted though.
    I think he meant that one. Shame it never counted though!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaft View Post
    First time at St james's park and had a great time. First half wasn't great but really opened up second half. Disappointed with Liverpool but the noise when Newcastle scored... unbelievable! Well impressed with that and the stadium. Soft spot for Liverpool but went along as a neutral as just enjoy watching football and will definitely be back there for another game!
    Another convert to the EPL

First Team Breakthrough Dav1986's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: davidmcandrew86
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Another convert to the EPL
    :

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Lothian Thistle 1-0 up against Huntly just before ht
    Cowdenbeath beating Arbroath 4-1 at ht

USA 1, Europe 1.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaggglllllleeeeeeeeesssssss!!!!!!! !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Lothian Thistle 1-0 up against Huntly just before ht
    Cowdenbeath beating Arbroath 4-1 at ht

Was at Lothian's game tonight. Cracking side. Well deserved 3-0 win against a Terry Butcher style Huntly! They were poor. Dean Cummings very good player. Well done LTHV. Away to East Kilbride in the 4th round.... Great chance to go further!!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i see Danny Lennon has resigned at Alloa

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35034739

Danny Lennon has resigned as manager of Alloa Athletic after picking up just five points from 16 games in the Scottish Championship.

Think the 3-0 scoreline flattered Huntly , LTHV battered them in the 2nd half and it could have been 5 or 6.

Despite the league they play in Lothian IMO are on par with a top League 2 or lower end League 1 side. They have only been hampered with promotion in recent years by not having a SPLF compliant home ground. They now have a real chance of making the last 16 of the Scottish cup which would be a fantastic achievement which would give them a huge financial boost and likely Nationwide press coverage.

On a separate note the setup they have at Spartans is fantastic. I really hope they make it into the football league structure as I could see them becoming a lot of folk from the north of Edinburgh's second team.

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLeith View Post
    Think the 3-0 scoreline flattered Huntly , LTHV battered them in the 2nd half and it could have been 5 or 6.

Despite the league they play in Lothian IMO are on par with a top League 2 or lower end League 1 side. They have only been hampered with promotion in recent years by not having a SPLF compliant home ground. They now have a real chance of making the last 16 of the Scottish cup which would be a fantastic achievement which would give them a huge financial boost and likely Nationwide press coverage.

On a separate note the setup they have at Spartans is fantastic. I really hope they make it into the football league structure as I could see them becoming a lot of folk from the north of Edinburgh's second team.

Score completely flattered Huntly. Lothian are a very good side. Reading Tom Allison's comments in the proggramme he has a wee dig at our wonderful council for there complete lack of assistance to get the facilities they require. It's such a shame but as you say maybe the exposure from this Cup run will make them realise LTHV are worth helping out. Lothian have beaten higher league clubs consistently over the past few years but as always it comes down to facilities. Maybe they should go down the road of Admin, bumping there bills and then the council might help them out?!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Score completely flattered Huntly. Lothian are a very good side. Reading Tom Allison's comments in the proggramme he has a wee dig at our wonderful council for there complete lack of assistance to get the facilities they require. It's such a shame but as you say maybe the exposure from this Cup run will make them realise LTHV are worth helping out. Lothian have beaten higher league clubs consistently over the past few years but as always it comes down to facilities. Maybe they should go down the road of Admin, bumping there bills and then the council might help them out?!
    Why should they get assistance to improve their ground, and yet nobody i know thinks hertz should get a penny help from the council?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Why should they get assistance to improve their ground, and yet nobody i know thinks hertz should get a penny help from the council?

Because LTHV paid there bills, unlike Hertz who bumped everyone including CEC. They are also a valuable asset to the community coaching hundreds of kids right through to there senior team now. I don't think it's much to ask Edinburgh council to upgrade the facilities at Saughton... Do you?

You do have a valid point. But I don't think they have shafted many charities, companies etc.

But for the record, I do agree that you can't just pick and choose who you give money too.

Because LTHV paid there bills, unlike Hertz who bumped everyone including CEC. They are also a valuable asset to the community coaching hundreds of kids right through to there senior team now. I don't think it's much to ask Edinburgh council to upgrade the facilities at Saughton... Do you?
    Well if they have spare money to fund an upgrade at saughton, maybe they could spend some on Hibs while they are at it too?

We've also paid our bills.

Well if they have spare money to fund an upgrade at saughton, maybe they could spend some on Hibs while they are at it too?

We've also paid our bills.

My point is Saughton is a Council facility and it's a ****in disgrace. LTHV pay good money to play there so the least they deserve are decent changing rooms etc. They are doing there best to get into the Lowland League and the council ain't helping one little bit with the state of Saughton. I thought we were trying to promote football in this country. Not if some of our councils have there way. ********s.

My point is Saughton is a Council facility and it's a ****in disgrace. LTHV pay good money to play there so the least they deserve are decent changing rooms etc. They are doing there best to get into the Lowland League and the council ain't helping one little bit with the state of Saughton. I thought we were trying to promote football in this country. Not if some of our councils have there way. ********s.
    If they have ambitions to play professional football at as high a level as possible, then in my opinion they should pay for the facilities needed for this.

They play at saughton because that's the standard of facilities they needed, if they need better now then find better and pay the price it costs for better.

This country has more than enough teams, why should teams who want to play professional football get council help, when those already playing professional football don't?

Maybe those clubs who are struggling in the lower leagues should also get a bit of help from the council, after all it's only fair.

In that case every youth team should get purpose built facilities from the council!