hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hutton GIRUY

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wait.. So because he does good work for the community that means I can't say he's rubbish "in my opinion." He may be the nicest lad on the planet I've nothing against him as a guy.

Just as a player I feel he's very poor. Maybe I just need to agree with the Hutton love in and move on. I could name a few players who often put money into charities including a former player who takes a fair bit stick on here. But that doesn't mean he's a good player.
    You may feel he is very poor, he is far from that. In my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    You may feel he is very poor, he is far from that. In my opinion.
    That's fair enough.

It is about opinions though is it not? You maybe rate him I don't. That's football and if we all agreed it would be a boring place to be. I respect your opinion nothing more nothing less.

Ps.. He's still pants 
    ps. He's not

Opinions though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post

There really has been some tosh spouted on this thread.

How can anyone castigate an EPL player when we are currently playing on a par with the Pub Leagues in England
    No this again...

Not getting involved in the Hutton debate, but what has it got to do with what league Hibs are playing in at the moment? Hutton doesn't and has never played for Hibs!!

As for your closing statement.. that's the biggest piece of "tosh" spouted on this thread yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    No this again...Not getting involved in the Hutton debate, but what has it got to do with what league Hibs are playing in at the moment? Hutton doesn't and has never played for Hibs!!As for your closing statement.. that's the biggest piece of "tosh" spouted on this thread yet.
    Aye, but he's got a furry hat.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    He's not the sole reason, but he's been part of why we don't! We simply aren't good enough and we need a better standard of players than guys like Hutton.

Sorry if that upsets anyone, maybe that's why we except failure in this country when it comes to football  (Tongue firmly in cheek before someone wets their wee nappy)

You've stated the Blindingly Obvious - Scotland aren't nearly as good as we want them to be, and Alan Hutton plays for Scotland and you want someone much better than him playing in the team instead of him.

So please, tell us where we can find all these Scottish footballers so much better than the ones we're picking right now. I'm sure Gordon Strachan would love to know about them

While you're about it, tell Cameron and Obama how you'd sort out the Middle East, why don't you?

And sort out the hole in the ozone layer and all that global warming?

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    You've stated the Blindingly Obvious - Scotland aren't nearly as good as we want them to be, and Alan Hutton plays for Scotland and you want someone much better than him playing in the team instead of him.

So please, tell us where we can find all these Scottish footballers so much better than the ones we're picking right now. I'm sure Gordon Strachan would love to know about them

While you're about it, tell Cameron and Obama how you'd sort out the Middle East, why don't you?

Well a number of posters have stated that "he doesn't defend well, his strength is going forward". Surely if you want somebody to attack on the wing and not bother defending you pick a winger. I can think of a number of Scottish wingers that attack better than Hutton.

@hibs.net private member
    This is a very strange thread...not quite sure why it was started in this first place.

Frankly, Hutton would be the best player in our team. We laud the like of David Gray and Hanlon, good players for sure. Yet, they will never play at the level that Hutton has. He is no world beater, in British terms though, he has the attributes to play at the highest level we have - and he has done so.

As for Scotland - well, unfortunately Alves isn't Scottish..so we just have to go with the best we've got - and currently - that's Hutton.

Left by mutual consent! Dunbar Hibee's Avatar
    In my opinion, he is gash.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

I did list a couple few posts back if you read it? Yes we want Scotland to be better and yes he plays for us hense why we don't qualify because I don't think he or many are good enough.

As for Cameron I've tweeted him and Obama and hopefully I'll have the ozone layer sorted for next Friday. If not I'll send Hutton up to fill the hole... Maybe he can defend us from the solar ray's since you rate him so high! 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    In my opinion, he is gash.
    Hope you have your tin hat on mate 😄

@hibs.net private member
    I can't remember a thread being quite so appropriate for the pantomime season. Oh yes he is. Oh no he's not. Now please, all of you, put it BEHIND YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    He's not pish and he is certainly not the reason we don't qualify for major competitions.

Didn't blame him individually for the fact we haven't qualified for years i said him AND sub-standard players like him are the reason we've been pish for years. and until players like Hutton retire and young players like Robertson and co get a chance then we will keep going through the motions in qualifying.

The fact he's playing in the worst Villa team ever seen and still getting a game ahead of Whittaker says it all really.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    The fact he's playing in the worst Villa team ever seen and still getting a game ahead of Whittaker says it all really.
    Benteke couldn't get a game at Villa either for a long time. He's now at Liverpool! Sometimes managers simply get it wrong.

First Team Regular Salt N Sauzee's Avatar
    Benteke couldn't get a game at Villa either for a long time. He's now at Liverpool! Sometimes managers simply get it wrong.
    That was due to His injuries though?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Is Whittaker getting a game for Norwich ? Didnt see him even listed as a sub, maybe injured.

Was quite a while ago now when people were calling him the Scottish Cafu right enough...

I don't particularly rate him at a great level these days, but he turns up when asked. Fair play to him, but can't see him in the national squad for much longer. .

The mindset that picks players like Hutton may be a problem but Hutton is a long way from being the main problem in that team.