hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Next EPL manager to be shown the door?

Steve McLaren must be hot favourite now. Thrashed 5-1 by Palace today and in the bottom three. Add the news during the week of a fight with the captain may suggest that it's not a happy camp.

Alan Shearer must be thinking of coming out of retirement.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Perhaps Ashley will move Warburton to the Toon...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh I'm sure he would be tempted...

Only if they can find his magic hat?

That could potentially be the funniest thing to happen since they were liquidated

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Steve McLaren must be hot favourite now. Thrashed 5-1 by Palace today and in the bottom three. Add the news during the week of a fight with the captain may suggest that it's not a happy camp.

Was Shearer not in charge when they went down before? I wonder if Alan Pardew saw this in the post before he left?

I really don't get Mike Ashley. He has more money than he could ever spend yet continues to bleed Newcastle, and Rangers, dry.

It must be greed or the actions of a total control freak. Hopefully if Newcastle go down it will make him consider selling up and getting as far away from St James as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Was Shearer not in charge when they went down before? I wonder if Alan Pardew saw this in the post before he left?
    I meant Shearer playing for them not managing them.

Would like Newcastle to appoint someone like Brendan Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Would like Newcastle to appoint someone like Brendan Rodgers
    Would rather they gave the job to Terry Butcher

Left by mutual consent!
    It doesn't matter who takes that job , they are up against it from the start.. A bunch of deluded fans who somehow think Newcastle are a big club and have expectations that they have no chance of ever fufilling... People fall into the trap that because they have a big support they they are a big club..

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    It doesn't matter who takes that job , they are up against it from the start.. A bunch of deluded fans who somehow think Newcastle are a big club and have expectations that they have no chance of ever fufilling... People fall into the trap that because they have a big support they they are a big club..
    But IMO they are a big club...Ones who's fans are supporting their local team in big numbers...Not a big club built on marketing..Maybe haven't won much but to say they are deluded is a bit strong...Passionate yes..Im no Newcastle fan but I'd say they are big club who hasn't won much...Depends what you are measuring them on I suppose..

Without question Newcastle are a huge club, their struggles are nothing to do with the fans.

Coaching Staff
    Watching MOTD and yet again Alan Shearer has one adjective, brilliant, everything is, yes, brilliant. Brilliant goal, brilliant pass, brilliant save, does my nut in.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post

Got to be McLaren. I'd have sacked him before he was appointed to save all the faffing about.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Got to be McLaren. I'd have sacked him before he was appointed to save all the faffing about.
    It'd have taken away any fear he might have had of being sacked.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    But IMO they are a big club...Ones who's fans are supporting their local team in big numbers...Not a big club built on marketing..Maybe haven't won much but to say they are deluded is a bit strong...Passionate yes..Im no Newcastle fan but I'd say they are big club who hasn't won much...Depends what you are measuring them on I suppose..
    Never a big club in a million years... The support is so big because they are a 1 city team...

Deluded is a bit strong ?? Have you ever had the pleasure of sitting in with them all ???

Big clubs are built on trophies and success.. The last time they won a major trophy was in 1969 and last time in a final was 1998....

They blame Mike Ashley for recent troubles BUT when they went down it was years of mis-management and spending money on over-rated and overpayed flops that got them there.. They also forget that without Mike Ashley putting his own money in after relegation they probably would've had to endure a whole lot more heartache..
    Last edited by PISTOL1875; 28-11-2015 at 10:25 PM.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    It'd have taken away any fear he might have had of being sacked.
    Newport manager in the waiting. Looks the part and talks like butcher with a dubious Dutch dialect

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    He was an odd appointment to begin with

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Watching MOTD and yet again Alan Shearer has one adjective, brilliant, everything is, yes, brilliant. Brilliant goal, brilliant pass, brilliant save, does my nut in.
    So does John Motson's squeaky voice.

Never a big club in a million years... The support is so big because they are a 1 city team...

Deluded is a bit strong ?? Have you ever had the pleasure of sitting in with them all ???

Big clubs are built on trophies and success.. The last time they won a major trophy was in 1969 and last time in a final was 1998....

They blame Mike Ashley for recent troubles BUT when they went down it was years of mis-management and spending money on over-rated and overpayed flops that got them there.. They also forget that without Mike Ashley putting his own money in after relegation they probably would've had to endure a whole lot more heartache..
    Utter pish on many levels as usual.

We can't all support a club with an oil rich sugar daddy as a cash cow.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Utter drivel.

What a truly awful post

I really hope you were taking the piss when you wrote this up because otherwise it's quite worrying how someone can truly believe in such a pile of *****

@hibs.net private member

So a big club is judged on the trophies they've won? So Nottingham Forest are a big club? Newcastle are a huge club. To get the support they get whilst rubbish is amazing.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I genuinely don't get why it's Mike Ashley's fault. The only player they lost in the summer, who was any good, was Santon. They spent about £50m bringing players in. What more is he meant to do? Take the training? Is it his fault that the players are doing ****, or the managers are humpty?

He made a mistake with Pardew right enough, but that can't be the only reason they're so messed up?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I read a piece on the internet or a newspaper a while back, that said their matchday income was miles behind the likes of Arsenal Chelsea ManU and a few more clubs i can't quite remember?

Add on that no bugger who's any good will want to sign for a struggling side who have struggled for years on the type of wages they pay, especially when it means living in or around Newcastle and the north east.

Unless they can bring in a rich owner like City or Chelsea, someone who can throw money around like confetti, and remember they will still have to live in the north east, then things won't be changing anytime soon.

The REALLY big clubs have it sown up these days, its difficult to see how any club can break into this cosy little cleek now.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I really don't get Mike Ashley. He has more money than he could ever spend yet continues to bleed Newcastle, and Rangers, dry.

It must be greed or the actions of a total control freak. Hopefully if Newcastle go down it will make him consider selling up and getting as far away from St James as possible.
    He is supposedly a Spurs fan. I think his football investments are head over heart - clubs with large fanbases who like wearing branded apparel every day. He approaches them in the same pile-em-high, sell-em-cheap manner as his stores.

To be fair, Newcastle were drowning in debt when he took over, Rangers too when he bailed them out. He's made huge money out of turning around distressed businesses, and won't change his formula.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I read a piece on the internet or a newspaper a while back, that said their matchday income was miles behind the likes of Arsenal Chelsea ManU and a few more clubs i can't quite remember?

Add on that no bugger who's any good will want to sign for a struggling side who have struggled for years on the type of wages they pay, especially when it means living in or around Newcastle and the north east.

Unless they can bring in a rich owner like City or Chelsea, someone who can throw money around like confetti, and remember they will still have to live in the north east, then things won't be changing anytime soon.

The REALLY big clubs have it sown up these days, its difficult to see how any club can break into this cosy little cleek now.
    Contrary to what you'll read in the media, or from a poster on here, I don't think any Newcastle fan is deluded enough to think that challenging for the title like the 90s is on the cards again. However being relegated and battling relegation every season isn't good enough.

When you look at the consistent performance of the likes of Everton over the last 10-15 years or more recently Southampton and even Stoke then the performances at Newcastle haven't been anywhere near good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Contrary to what you'll read in the media, or from a poster on here, I don't think any Newcastle fan is deluded enough to think that challenging for the title like the 90s is on the cards again. However being relegated and battling relegation every season isn't good enough.

When you look at the consistent performance of the likes of Everton over the last 10-15 years or more recently Southampton and even Stoke then the performances Newcastle haven't been anywhere near good enough.
    And they'd appreciate a decent cup run. Recent derby record doesn't help either.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    At least he doesn't use "divn't dae..."