hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes yes NO cos it didn't happen before so can't happen again.and No. For every competition they won whilst hiding the EBT scheme. They broke the rules and just because they are one of our bigger clubs should not be exempt from punishment. Off the top of my head Spartans were turfed out the Scottish Cup for inadvertently never mind wilfully breaking the rules when a player only signed a paper once instead on twice. It's only right and it's far from time to move on. The integrity of our game is at stake.
    Spot on............
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I'm taking no chances.

Screwfix or Machine Mart?

Regulators need to grow a pair and do the correct thing - strip the titles that were gained during the "cheating years".

You just know this was Celtic, the Rangers would be calling for titles to be stripped - 100%.

"It's maybe about time Scottish football started laying off Rangers. They've been persecuting them for years; referees, administrators, even Police authorities have it in for the club and it's fans. It's gotten so bad that they are now trying to undermine the club's traditions by taking offence at harmless colourful ballads joyously sang from the stands.

One day Rangers might just walk away from football altogether. Then Scotland would be a police state that nobody would want to visit and people would be destitute and begging in the streets. Then some people might just think to themselves 'I wish we'd all been a bit kinder to Rangers. Now look at us. I suppose it serves us all right.' And they would be correct to think that. But by then it would be too late. Rangers would be gone and life as we know it in Scotland would be over." - Daily Record.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I really think it's time to move on. They cheated got caught and demoted. All this crap does not do Scottish football any good.
    We can't move on while the foxes are in the hen house.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Question for the 'move on ' brigade.
    What kind of society would we have if, every time the pursuit of justice became a little bit tricky or inconvenient to commercial interests, we just moved on and forgot about it?
    The SFA is a corrupt organisation that needs to be exposed. We can't let up now, or the game here will continue to fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My interest in football took a bashing because of the way our football authorities dealt with the rangers scandal. I spent a fair few bob getting to and watching Hibs play in a loaded league. The whole scandal makes football not that different to the wrestling.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    "It's maybe about time Scottish football started laying off Rangers. They've been persecuting them for years; referees, administrators, even Police authorities have it in for the club and it's fans. It's gotten so bad that they are now trying to undermine the club's traditions by taking offence at harmless colourful ballads joyously sang from the stands.

One day Rangers might just walk away from football altogether. Then Scotland would be a police state that nobody would want to visit and people would be destitute and begging in the streets. Then some people might just think to themselves 'I wish we'd all been a bit kinder to Rangers. Now look at us. I suppose it serves us all right.' And they would be correct to think that. But by then it would be too late. Rangers would be gone and life as we know it in Scotland would be over." - Daily Record.
    Waw

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    My interest in football took a bashing because of the way our football authorities dealt with the rangers scandal. I spent a fair few bob getting to and watching Hibs play in a loaded league. The whole scandal makes football not that different to the wrestling.
    We've been watching a loaded league since the 90s and the iron grip that Rangers and Celtic had on it after their noses were collectively rubbed in dog poo by the Dons and the Arabs in the 80s. Most of the revenues were aimed at 2 clubs. Everything ran round them and the media was utterly compliant to them. That's why I'll give Celtc types pushing the sporting integrity angle the shortest of shrift. As if they give a toss about the rest of the teams.

Remember that 2 clubs held voting vetoes and invariably ganged up to screw over the rest of the league. Anyone remember SPL TV being strangled at birth by the Old Firm? Conveniently the blame for this shambles was dropped on to Roger Mitchell but the real villains were wearing blue and green and white hoops. Twas ever thus.

As for Peter Lawell spouting the "we stand alone" mantra, I'll believe that when I see it in practice because I think it's utter pish.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    The big question and the one that the SFA / SPFL must be forced to address is 'who are Rangers?'

They can be Rangers International football club 2012 with 2 league titles who have never cheated. Or they can be Rangers FC 1872 who were caught cheating and have the honours they won in the EBT era stripped from them.

They simply cant be both ......... Its on this question that we should be putting pressure on the Jellyfish who run our game.
    This.
    If there are titles or money due then they're old rangers but for the purposes of debt or blame then it's a new club.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Brilliant.

@hibs.net private member Gettin' Auld's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Clearly I'm in a minority on this but what do the majority think should happen to them? Stripping titles ? Fine them? Relegate them again? Docking points? Is that ever likely to happen?
    They weren't relegated the last time, they ceased to exist and vanished from the league set up completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Auld View Post
    They weren't relegated the last time, they ceased to exist and vanished from the league set up completely.
    And allowed to enter incorrectly thereafter
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Did the banners at Hampden even get a mention in any of today's MSM?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    And allowed to enter incorrectly thereafter
    Should have been treated the same as Gretna.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Ted View Post
    Did the banners at Hampden even get a mention in any of today's MSM?
    Surprisingly, yes.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...rotest-6878367

Left by mutual consent!
    Well done the sheep fans. Thank goodness some are standing up to this lot, whilst others want to sweep it under the carpet and move on. NO THANKS.

Der Hun, and all those who conspired to get them into the lower leagues should be made to face the music.

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Well done the sheep fans. Thank goodness some are standing up to this lot, whilst others want to sweep it under the carpet and move on. NO THANKS.

Der Hun, and all those who conspired to get them into the lower leagues should be made to face the music.
    What form does this "music" take out of interest? From earlier posts in the thread, it seems like the stripping of the titles won when EBTs were in action is (one of) the main points.

Whilst I agree it perhaps needs to happen, people do realise this would be a purely administrative, paper based exercise?

Your average Hun that you may well have to put up with in the workplace is still going to remember the 9IAR years/Advocaat years etc with immense fondness and will almost certainly adopt a probably infuriating "meh, whatever" approach to these titles being "stripped" some 10-15 years later.

Football for supporters is not played out on bits of paper or stuffy "court judgements" and those thinking that some paradigm shift in the way Scottish football is run will occur even if these titles are stripped are probably liable to be sorely disappointed.

All I'm interested in is Hibs and what is currently happening on the football pitch. If one possible end game to all this is the current incarnation of (The) Rangers getting fined/points deducted/exiled to the moon then I'm all for it.

But I don't think that's a possibility, if I'm understanding this correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    What form does this "music" take out of interest? From earlier posts in the thread, it seems like the stripping of the titles won when EBTs were in action is (one of) the main points.

Whilst I agree it perhaps needs to happen, people do realise this would be a purely administrative, paper based exercise?

Your average Hun that you may well have to put up with in the workplace is still going to remember the 9IAR years/Advocaat years etc with immense fondness and will almost certainly adopt a probably infuriating "meh, whatever" approach to these titles being "stripped" some 10-15 years later.

Football for supporters is not played out on bits of paper or stuffy "court judgements" and those thinking that some paradigm shift in the way Scottish football is run will occur even if these titles are stripped are probably liable to be sorely disappointed.

All I'm interested in is Hibs and what is currently happening on the football pitch. If one possible end game to all this is the current incarnation of (The) Rangers getting fined/points deducted/exiled to the moon then I'm all for it.

If you are patient, you will probably get both. Those titles should be stripped because they were won by cheating. It is indeed an administrative process but one the will officially mark them as cheats for all time.
    The new Rangers are a slow motion car crash and I fully expect them to be in admin by the end of the season. They will be deducted points at that point.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

I think you are right about the average hun approach to the ill gotten gains of the now defunct Glasgow rangers. Any future punishment is welcome as it shows the world that there is something behind the sporting integrity statements uttered by the authorities and it might send a message to everyone else that there are real consequences for transgressing their own rules in the future.

For the cheating years I'd be delighted to see the word void written into the record books so that whatever followers of the new club say there's a permanent reminder for anyone who wonders and it wont be too difficult to find out what void stands for.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

Why would you be saying that? Is it not obvious from their response from the word go, & the huns you come across in everyday life, that stripping these "titles" that they cheated unfairly against every other team they played against in competition by illegally paying their players more than their competitors including Hibs while bumping their taxes, was wrong & should be recognised as wrong? To tell them they are being stripped of something they gained by financially doing something their competitors were not, would IMO put a lot of them over the edge. How can anyone & everyone not see this? They DO NOT want this. It would confirm, maybe even in those skulls, that CHEATING was used. In light of their aversion & what they have always done & sung & been in Scottish Football, is wanting justice for them bad?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I'm taking no chances.

I think we've hit a wee nerve on Kickback... A 3 pager about this wee joke!!

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Yes yes NO cos it didn't happen before so can't happen again.and No. For every competition they won whilst hiding the EBT scheme. They broke the rules and just because they are one of our bigger clubs should not be exempt from punishment. Off the top of my head Spartans were turfed out the Scottish Cup for inadvertently never mind wilfully breaking the rules when a player only signed a paper once instead on twice. It's only right and it's far from time to move on. The integrity of our game is at stake.
    Bit in bold is a major point for me. Livingston, Dundee and several lower league clubs have all face punishments from our authorities. Clydebank are no more, Airdrie had to start from scratch (though nobody was sad about that one!). It's the inconsistency of the application of the rules that stinks.

The new Rangers are a slow motion car crash and I fully expect them to be in admin by the end of the season. They will be deducted points at that point.

But I can see them doing it "the hearts way" and limping to the end of the season and only taking their punishment next year once safely back in the premier. Cheating in other words.

Left by mutual consent!

Not so much music, more a case of each Hun unpicking one of the stars on their strips with their teeth.

Is is really too much to ask that they hand back the titles when they were cheating?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    I think we've hit a wee nerve on Kickback... A 3 pager about this wee joke!!
    Surely they can't be defending the fact that their stadium is an absolute ****hole?

United we stand here....

If The Rangers do get stripped of titles for cheating, lets hope it doesn't stop there. There is another club who gained honours while being financially doped.

Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    If The Rangers do get stripped of titles for cheating, lets hope it doesn't stop there. There is another club who gained honours while being financially doped.
    There's three actually.
    Hearts, Livingston and Gretna.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Surely they can't be defending the fact that their stadium is an absolute ****hole?

Some of the comments are priceless. I think one says TBF it's quite funny, but most are defending the dump of a stand. A few even saying how asbestos isn't dangerous...

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Some of the comments are priceless. I think one says TBF it's quite funny, but most are defending the dump of a stand. A few even saying how asbestos isn't dangerous...

In that case we should all be building with it, cheap and fireproof - a bit like the yam really.

It seems they are leading the way again - easy to square away anything with a believer if you say it often enough. Look at the Romanov years.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    There's three actually.
    Hearts, Livingston and Gretna.
    There is no evidence Livi and Gretna made side payments to players.