hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The point is oldco, newco, sevco, The Rangers or Glasgow Rangers went burst and ended up in the bottom league. I could not give a toss about stripping titles of them I'd rather the individuals involved in bumping us out of tax were held account for it.
    But did they re - emerge as the new co with a fit and proper person in charge? was the punishment right knowing what we now know? - and all as required by the "rules" - those are the questions, and curiously / luckily enough whilst most of the football fans in Scotland are watching with bated breath or navel gazing , we have big bad Mike Ashley taking the question to the next level.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Their history is irrelevant to me. Many claim they are 4 years old so they have no history. What do you want to happen? I really can't see anything happening, so it's wasted energy bothering about them.
    The rules were broken letting them into League 3, so the who thing is murky...............
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    The rules were broken letting them into League 3, so the who thing is murky...............

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    I really think it's time to move on. They cheated got caught and demoted. All this crap does not do Scottish football any good.
    The point is oldco, newco, sevco, The Rangers or Glasgow Rangers went burst and ended up in the bottom league. I could not give a toss about stripping titles of them I'd rather the individuals involved in bumping us out of tax were held account for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Let it go. It's pathetic now. They got caught and got sent to the fourth tier.

Move on. It's sad now.

They weren't 'caught and demoted'. The OLDCO went bust and a group of supporters formed a new club which was allowed into the league without due and proper process.

What damages Scottish football is the willingness of too many people in all areas of football to sweep corruption under the carpet and pretend nothing happened. Or that the time has come to 'move on'.

Having SEVCO in the League under present conditions and then saying, 'Leave it alone - time to move on ...' seems to me to be comparable to living in a house where the landlord has buried half a dozen corpses under the floorboards. The corpses are rotting and stinking, the house is full of blowflies, the tenants are chucking up and complaining all the time, and the landlord sends round a couple of cases of air-fresheners and assures everyone that all's for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Their history is irrelevant to me. Many claim they are 4 years old so they have no history. What do you want to happen? I really can't see anything happening, so it's wasted energy bothering about them.
    Why don't we punish them appropriately for their cheating and then we can all move on? That way we're happy that justice is done and your happy that we have moved on. Everyone's a winner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Why don't we punish them appropriately for their cheating and then we can all move on? That way we're happy that justice is done and your happy that we have moved on. Everyone's a winner.

Eureka

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post

And, perhaps more importantly, the next club that considers cheating to gain an unfair advantage over Hibs and other teams might think twice before doing so.

Sick and tired of football being bent and people getting away with it. F*** SDM, f*** the Lying King and f*** Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Let it go. It's pathetic now. They got caught and got sent to the fourth tier.

Move on. It's sad now.
    You rarely say good things about Hibs and usually the first to put in a negative comment. We are talking about the cheats and you tell us to forget about it and move on!!

You really do confuse me at times Steve!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Is it true they got demoted.

There are claims that rules were bent and broken by those in power at the time (and are still in power) to allow the current entity calling themselves Rangers to obtain a licence to play in Division Three.

That entity is now being run by a convicted criminal, may well be trading while insolvent and have supporters who sing the most bigoted and disgusting songs imaginable, while those self same football authorities, as well as the media, display signs of selective deafness.

Time to move on? Really?

I really think it's time to move on. They cheated got caught and demoted. All this crap does not do Scottish football any good.

Wrong wrong wrong

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    They weren't 'caught and demoted'. The OLDCO went bust and a group of supporters formed a new club which was allowed into the league without due and proper process.

What damages Scottish football is the willingness of too many people in all areas of football to sweep corruption under the carpet and pretend nothing happened. Or that the time has come to 'move on'.

Having SEVCO in the League under present conditions and then saying, 'Leave it alone - time to move on ...' seems to me to be comparable to living in a house where the landlord has buried half a dozen corpses under the floorboards. The corpses are rotting and stinking, the house is full of blowflies, the tenants are chucking up and complaining all the time, and the landlord sends round a couple of cases of air-fresheners and assures everyone that all's for the best in the best of all possible worlds.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)
    This'll do for me. The Hun are not alone in all the cheating that's went on, those allegedly responsible for the governance of our game, have also been less than honest/honourable. Pursuing further action for these crimes (and they ARE crimes !) will or could, I feel, result in wholesale changes in our game at the same time as getting rid of the ones who are clearly not 'fit for purpose' - Reagan, Doncaster, Ogilvie etc. If we don't do anything and, as our esteemed media keep imploring us, just 'let it go' - Scotland will be world-famous for having a full-time professional football league that allowed the the perpetrators of one of the biggest financial-crimes in world-football, to carry on completely un-punished as if nothing had happened !!

First Team Breakthrough Stanton's Avatar
    Any debts belong to the old club they tell us.
    But they want the old clubs trophy count ....just the good bits they want ....not the burdens ....and the powers that be and the football authorities are allowing this myth to endure.
    they bought the old clubs history that lying prick Charles a green told us.
    how does that work.
    is a Third Lanarks history locked away in a safe somewhere and anyone who wants to buy it can ??

what is it with Huns and lies anyway ? They can stand in front of a camera and tell blatant lies just to make other Huns feel good. Remember Murray's stadium wi the pitch on the roof? The old fiver and tenner trick? Dave Kings childrens inheritance? Charles Green not going anywhere until the Champions league music plays? Their fans continuing to perpetrate the lie that liquidation doesn't mean you die...King is just the latest in a long line of undignified liars and the football authorities are complicit in allowing thus crap to be peddled

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post

...& bad men tell us to bend over & spend another 100 years taking it where the sun don't shine.
    Not nearly time to move on.

Question for the 'move on ' brigade.
    What kind of society would we have if, every time the pursuit of justice became a little bit tricky or inconvenient to commercial interests, we just moved on and forgot about it?
    The SFA is a corrupt organisation that needs to be exposed. We can't let up now, or the game here will continue to fail.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    SFA & co just so so lucky at the moment their scandal is happening amongst EUFA & FIFAs scandals, talk about bein able to bury bad news

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton View Post
    Any debts belong to the old club they tell us.
    But they want the old clubs trophy count ....just the good bits they want ....not the burdens ....and the powers that be and the football authorities are allowing this myth to endure
    And that, for me, is the crux of the matter. Absolute disgrace and 'they' just hope it'll all be forgotten/forgiven....

First Team Breakthrough
    You surely can't move on until after the funeral, when someone dies, you have to bury the corpse.....Rangers died but did a Jesus and came back to life as sevco. The only thing they buried was the truth about how they raped and pillaged Scottish football
    so no we can't move on.....SFA better realise the ordinary fans of the game want those involved punished

Wonder how many of these pics will make tomorrow's papers?

@hibs.net private member
    To me there are 2 separate issues going on here.

1. The new club being told they have no history and the old club losing a large chunk of theirs. This may not be important just now but wait until they win something in years to come.

2. The cheats who were running our game taken to task for the corrupt actions they have taken in disguising what was going on with Rangers and banned from any future involvement with the game. Rules must be put in place to ensure that whoever is running our game are fit and proper and apply the rules fairly without fear or favour

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    To me there are 2 separate issues going on here.

1. The new club being told they have no history and the old club losing a large chunk of theirs. This may not be important just now but wait until they win something in years to come.

2. The cheats who were running our game taken to task for the corrupt actions they have taken in disguising what was going on with Rangers and banned from any future involvement with the game. Rules must be put in place to ensure that whoever is running our game are fit and proper and apply the rules fairly without fear or favour
    Our own RP always talks highly of Doncaster...........Strange, given his sporting integrity statement, I wonder if he thinks differently now?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Clearly I'm in a minority on this but what do the majority think should happen to them? Stripping titles ? Fine them? Relegate them again? Docking points? Is that ever likely to happen?

Clearly I'm in a minority on this but what do the majority think should happen to them? Stripping titles ? Fine them? Relegate them again? Docking points? Is that ever likely to happen?
    I'd make them sport mullets and wear Frankie Says t shirts for all eternity. *******s!
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    It's simple for me, if they've won something whilst breaking the rules then they should lose those titles or cups.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I'd make them sport mullets and wear Frankie Says t shirts for all eternity. *******s!
    They already do mate.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    They already do mate.
    Damn. Not much of a punishment then really.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar

@hibs.net private member
    I think stripping titles/trophies is fair but won't hold my breath. They should be left unallocated. This is for not declaring the side letters which in effect was cheating.

I stand to be corrected but I think the football "HMRC rules" only came into force when Hearts were found to be not paying bills so won't affect them. It should also be made clear they are not the same club. (be quiet CWG)

Unless another admin event happens the new club should not be deducted points for the old clubs transgressions. They are separate clubs after all!

We can't have it both ways either.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Yes yes NO cos it didn't happen before so can't happen again.and No. For every competition they won whilst hiding the EBT scheme. They broke the rules and just because they are one of our bigger clubs should not be exempt from punishment. Off the top of my head Spartans were turfed out the Scottish Cup for inadvertently never mind wilfully breaking the rules when a player only signed a paper once instead on twice. It's only right and it's far from time to move on. The integrity of our game is at stake.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    I think the general consensus is 'String 'em up'

Now it's time to move on