hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=he...KYZj0__SBhw%3D

Maybe not Heraldric but it looks like a few courses of circular brickwork round the ball in the middle.

Complaint from the Royal Guild of Bricklayers , maybe.

Or a complaint from the Masons, maybe.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    When we changed crown to that new badge that looked like a beer bottle label, I wish folk had complained then. Off the point but it still irks that this abomination is in the struts at the back of the FF stand.
    I didn't like the "planet saturn" badge and I'm glad we got rid of it.

I have to say that I quite like that it still features on the slats of the FF stand (and presumably the South Stand too)?

Whether we like it or not it is part of our history (a fairly inglorious spell right enough) but it is contemporaneous with those stands being built.

The thing I like least about ER these days is that it is a bit soulless and lacking in personality/ homeliness. I like what they've done outside the West Stand and want to see a whole lot more of that kind of stuff inside and around the ground. The steps up to the pitch are cool and I think we're getting all going in the right direction.

The ground still feels more like a nondescript English ground that had been built on the outskirts of a city by the council than a much-loved family home though.

The peculiarity of those badges being on those stands is therefore one of the things I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I didn't like the "planet saturn" badge and I'm glad we got rid of it.

I have to say that I quite like that it still features on the slats of the FF stand (and presumably the South Stand too)?

Whether we like it or not it is part of our history (a fairly inglorious spell right enough) but it is contemporaneous with those stands being built.

The thing I like least about ER these days is that it is a bit soulless and lacking in personality/ homeliness. I like what they've done outside the West Stand and want to see a whole lot more of that kind of stuff inside and around the ground. The steps up to the pitch are cool and I think we're getting all going in the right direction.

The ground still feels more like a nondescript English ground that had been built on the outskirts of a city by the council than a much-loved family home though.

The peculiarity of those badges being on those stands is therefore one of the things I like.
    I don't quite agree with this. I wouldn't go as far as to call ER soulless, though I think Hibs do acknowledge it needs to be Hibbied up a bit and are on the case, as the work on the west stand frontage you mentioned shows.

In order to make the inside of the stadium more intimidating and make it look a bit less 'generic' there's no doubt that filling in all the corners properly would make a huge difference, I don't think that should ever be off the agenda for Hibs. But the truth is its going to be a long long time before we are in a position to spend money on anything like that. Actually, if money was no object I would like to see the roofs of the FF, East and South extended by a few metres to make the ground even more enclosed.

I would say though that the gap between the FF and East must surely present an opportunity to enter into some sort of partnership with a hotel chain or similar to build something there which will fill the gap and make us money as well. The views from there over the Forth and the stadiums proximity to Holyrood and Princes street must make it an attractive proposition for somebody.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 21-11-2015 at 12:07 PM.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=he...KYZj0__SBhw%3D

Maybe not Heraldric but it looks like a few courses of circular brickwork round the ball in the middle.

Complaint from the Royal Guild of Bricklayers , maybe.
    A warning about clicking on that link would have helped.

oh.
    ma
    eyes

Quote Originally Posted by peter douglas View Post
    Heraldry is an important issue for some.
    Only because they can't get a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutdim View Post
    A warning about clicking on that link would have helped.

oh.
    ma
    eyes
    Agreed ......... Ouch, that was brutal !!!

Serious question .... Why does that Yam badge reminding everybody they won WW1 have a Pumpkin in the middle of it?