hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Anyone done any of the Bingo offers? I can do a 'refer a friend' thing which guarantees you at least £15 on one site completely risk free (disclaimer: also guarantees me £10!) - PM me if you want details...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone done any of the Bingo offers? I can do a 'refer a friend' thing which guarantees you at least £15 on one site completely risk free (disclaimer: also guarantees me £10!) - PM me if you want details...
    I was playing through some of the bingo ones (fiber free play) last night. Drop me a pm with the details, I'll have a look at it.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Going to try and tackle the acca matched bets this weekend, not quite got my head around them yet but I'll just follow the instructions until I get it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Got gubbed by Genting today, email out of the blue about not getting any more offers from them. Fuds!

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Perhaps somebody could answer a question on matched betting.

If you place a bet with a bookie and then one or more horses (not the one you backed) drop out it's likely that any winnings (i.e. your horse wins) will be reduced because of the increased chance of your horse winning (??rule 4).

Does that screw up matched betting or do the exchanges automatically reduce your covering bet (or change the lay odds) thus compensating for the shortfall in money coming back from the bookie.

If they don't, then what is a 'no risk' bet could lose you money. Should that be the case the best tactic would be to place bets just before a race starts when there is little chance of a horse dropping out - but that isn't always practical.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but i'd appreciate if somebody could explain.
    Last edited by hibbybob; 11-09-2016 at 09:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbybob View Post
    Perhaps somebody could answer a question on matched betting.

If you place a bet with a bookie and then one or more horses (not the one you backed) drop out it's likely that any winnings (i.e. your horse wins) will be reduced because of the increased chance of your horse winning (??rule 4).

Does that screw up matched betting or do the exchanges automatically reduce your covering bet (or change the lay odds) thus compensating for the shortfall in money coming back from the bookie.

If they don't, then what is a 'no risk' bet could lose you money. Should that be the case the best tactic would be to place bets just before a race starts when there is little chance of a horse dropping out - but that isn't always practical.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but i'd appreciate if somebody could explain.
    It normally wouldn't make much difference - the rule 4 would be applied at both the bookie and the exchange. What you need to watch out for is when you place your bets that the bookie is showing the same non-runners as the exchange and that they have updated their price accordingly. If not, you'd lose money.

@hibs.net private member hibbybob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    It normally wouldn't make much difference - the rule 4 would be applied at both the bookie and the exchange. What you need to watch out for is when you place your bets that the bookie is showing the same non-runners as the exchange and that they have updated their price accordingly. If not, you'd lose money.
    Thanks Overdrive, I wasn't sure how the exchanges treated withdrawals but that now makes sense.

Good advice re checking that both show the same non runners - tho I suppose it could go in your favour as well as against you. That said, that's not the idea of "matched" betting.

Anyone ever had any problems using their debit card? It seems the TSB company policy is not to allow 18 year olds access to gambling sites as it will put them at risk. Stupid cow in the branch said if it was that easy everybody would be doing it. I explained it wasn't about gambling but turning bonus money into withdrawable cash and I was teaching him how to do it. New current account getting opened for him in another bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Anyone ever had any problems using their debit card? It seems the TSB company policy is not to allow 18 year olds access to gambling sites as it will put them at risk. Stupid cow in the branch said if it was that easy everybody would be doing it. I explained it wasn't about gambling but turning bonus money into withdrawable cash and I was teaching him how to do it. New current account getting opened for him in another bank.
    Never had any problems with my Nationwide FlexDirect account - I can also get a £100 bonus for me and £100 bonus for you/your lad if I refer a friend - really easy earner! Let me know if you're interested and I'll ping you the details.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by McS****y View Post
    Never had any problems with my Nationwide FlexDirect account - I can also get a £100 bonus for me and £100 bonus for you/your lad if I refer a friend - really easy earner! Let me know if you're interested and I'll ping you the details.

Cheers!
    Sounds good. Let me know what we need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Sounds good. Let me know what we need to do.
    I've PM'd you!